666 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, tu2008 said:

It depends on your state. Our state government website has standard forms that can be filled easily and then you just get it notarized. This is straight forward if the family situation is simple.

I am in dilemma. My packet is thick enough that it won't fit in the letter size flat rate  envelope of USPS. I may have put in a box which is just too big. I wanted to check if the padded envelope would work but the post office near me didn't have any.

Any other ideas?

With something that important I prefer to use UPS or FedEx - but that's just me.

Removal of Conditions Timeline

03/31/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS. 

04/02/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.  

04/08/20    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

04/09/20    - Check for $680 cashed for USCIS Dallas

04/13/20    - Received I-797 NOA for I751 ROC which extends expired Green Card by 18 months

Timeline

I forgot I had a scan of this when I got my green card but this was what the USCIS officer handed me when he approved my conditional GC. Hope this helps you assemble your packets!

2018-06-01_133522.thumb.png.37849198d9811166b1daa310a60acce1.png

2018-06-01_133728.png.7cd9a25c8b09b02a6eab9ba82e313614.png

04/08/20    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

04/13/20    - Received I-797 NOA for I751 ROC which extends expired Green Card by 18 months

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chicken7585 said:

I forgot I had a scan of this when I got my green card but this was what the USCIS officer handed me when he approved my conditional GC. Hope this helps you assemble your packets!

Thank you for sharing this. Very helpful.

Just sent mine in to the Dallas address via USPS on 3/7/2020, and expect it to arrive on 3/9/2020. I have never had any issues with the USPS priority system, and its updates via text and email are easy to set up (and free). I did cave into the mania and included a couple of notarized affidavits. The rest was the USCIS forms / copies of:

check

cover letter

G1145

I751 (Dec 2019 edition)

green card, passport, visa page, driver's license

citizen spouse's passport and driver's license

deed for home, mortgage info, previous rental leases

one type of each major utility bill at each place we lived together, in immigrant's name

2017 and 2018 jointly filed tax transcripts + 2019 joint return

statements on a joint checking account we opened after arrival in the US

health insurance info showing both spouses on each other's coverage and beneficiaries

auto and home insurance policies

employment info for immigrant - w2s and a couple of pay stubs at each address

4-5 receipts for flights we took together

couple of notarized affidavits using the format people uploaded on the site here

Did not submit anything prior to entry to the US since that was basically all in the CR-1 application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My 90 window opens today. I mailed out my packet via USPS. Now the wait begins. Expected delivery on Wednesday. I did submit G-1145 e-notification of acceptance form. So hope to receive a text message.

Hey everyone, going to go ahead and join into the discussion since we're about to submit.  We got the package finished over the weekend and will be shipping it out tomorrow to Phoenix via FedEx Overnight so it will have a Wednesday arrival date.  Let another phase in this journey begin!

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So here is my case: 

2/28/20: Package sent to TX lockbox

3/2/20: Package received 

3/5/20: Received text message with case number #LIN

3/9/20: Received mail of extension letter 

Now I hope the BMV where I live, will accept the extension letter to renew my driver license 

Edited by Kitty Anh

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Kitty Anh said:

So here is my case: 

2/28/20: Package sent to TX lockbox

3/2/20: Package received 

3/5/20: Received text message with case number #LIN

3/9/20: Received mail of extension letter 

Now I hope the BMV where I live, will accept the extension letter to renew my driver license 

Hi 

I have the same timeline. Received my extension letter today. 

Now need to get my DL renewed 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kriss03 said:

Now need to get my DL renewed

^^ THIS is what I am dreading. I had to make about six trips to get it done the last time - it automatically went into the S.A.V.E verification process which ended up taking two weeks. I had to take a bus into work for a week and because of the sorry state of mass transit where I live, this was a disaster.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Events:

3/02/2020: Package sent to TX to lockbox

3/05/2020: Package received 

3/09/2020: Credit Card is being processed

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : YSC
Date Filed : 2020-03-04
NOA Date : 2020-03-10
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2020-05-13 Case updated without Bio Appointment
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

Timeline

I have some questions of you guys:

1. Did you put N/A in every blank space? The guide to filling in the form says so but I've never seen anyone actually do it.
  2. Did you submit tax transcripts or your actual tax return (e.g filled out Form 1040 etc)?
  3. How did you submit pictures? Did you paste two per page or did you print them out directly on the page?
  4. What else did you submit as evidence that you haven't seen on the lists of documents?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.