dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2020

1,112 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Nnmm193 said:

Hello everyone, silly question here but can someone please tell me if the passport copy should be in portrait or landscape format? I was gonna upload however it should be read but i want to make sure because someone mentioned landscape could get an RFE so i want to be safe.

Thanks in advance!

To be clearer, see the doc attached (Yes, I know, I'm a great artist as you can see). All documents are read by agents in the vertical way. So in the case of your passport, it is like shown on my beautiful drawing so that they don't have to tilt their heads or turn the document. 😉

Scanner 31 janv. 2020 à 15.01.pdf

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

18 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

To be clearer, see the doc attached (Yes, I know, I'm a great artist as you can see). All documents are read by agents in the vertical way. So in the case of your passport, it is like shown on my beautiful drawing so that they don't have to tilt their heads or turn the document. 😉

Scanner 31 janv. 2020 à 15.01.pdf 463.2 kB · 3 downloads

Lol I like your drawing, it made me smile. I am not good at it. I will go to a local printer and have them resolve this. 

1 hour ago, Nnmm193 said:

Hello everyone, silly question here but can someone please tell me if the passport copy should be in portrait or landscape format? I was gonna upload however it should be read but i want to make sure because someone mentioned landscape could get an RFE so i want to be safe.

Thanks in advance!

I think everything should be portrait.  What does RFE stand for?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aabd1987 said:

I think everything should be portrait.  What does RFE stand for?

Yes everything should be portrait.

RFE stands for REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE

take care :)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

Just now, Alix64 said:

Yes everything should be portrait.

RFE stands for REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE

take care :)

Thanks!  I hope none of us has to see those dreaded letters!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just made the payment and both IV and AOS fees and it says "in process"...  (I know it takes a week to go through).

But I can only print to receipt for the AOS

I get to the receipt page - and both fees say the same thing, but when I click on the IV fee, it brings me back to the login page. 

Is that normal?

I´ve tried different browsers.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Just made the payment and both IV and AOS fees and it says "in process"...  (I know it takes a week to go through).

But I can only print to receipt for the AOS

I get to the receipt page - and both fees say the same thing, but when I click on the IV fee, it brings me back to the login page. 

Is that normal?

I´ve tried different browsers.

On my IV invoice they say "If you find that you cannot open the attached file, please double check that you have the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat installed on your system. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it for free at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html"

Maybe it helps...

So I submitted my documents on 17 december, however on 1st jan i submitted another i864ez with Ink signature. Then today I submitted another police certificate that I wad able to obtain. Will they considered my first submission or would they take me back to the end of queue coz of those last submission I made. They haven’t reviewed any of them yet, it’s just me being paranoid and changing everyTime I hear someone got RFE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, Caresse33 said:

So I submitted my documents on 17 december, however on 1st jan i submitted another i864ez with Ink signature. Then today I submitted another police certificate that I wad able to obtain. Will they considered my first submission or would they take me back to the end of queue coz of those last submission I made. They haven’t reviewed any of them yet, it’s just me being paranoid and changing everyTime I hear someone got RFE

you've jumped to the back of the line and your submission date is now 1/31

6 minutes ago, DKing said:

you've jumped to the back of the line and your submission date is now 1/31

This is crazy maybe i should have just left it, this is so weird as they have not reviewed my documents yet since December. Do we have proof of that? Is it written somewhere in the travelstate gov or are we going just going by people experiences?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Caresse33 said:

This is crazy maybe i should have just left it, this is so weird as they have not reviewed my documents yet since December. Do we have proof of that? Is it written somewhere in the travelstate gov or are we going just going by people experiences?

Their progress processing docs is posted here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Current wait is about 9 weeks, sorry :(

Edited by 9000miles

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Caresse33 said:

When you call NVC, the agents tell you that they go by the last submission date. 

1 minute ago, DKing said:

When you call NVC, the agents tell you that they go by the last submission date. 

Oh Goodness, if that is the case I may be stuck in NVC for 4 months. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see. Now I get it why so many couples quit this process. Ridiculous if only my hubby could have chose to immigrate to the UK , we would have been together by now. 😫😫. Thank you for advice everyone 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Caresse33 said:

Oh Goodness, if that is the case I may be stuck in NVC for 4 months. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see. Now I get it why so many couples quit this process. Ridiculous if only my hubby could have chose to immigrate to the UK , we would have been together by now. 😫😫. Thank you for advice everyone 

Yeah the wait times can get frustrating and ridiculous. Lets hope it doesn't take 4 months. We're keeping our fingers crossed for a quick review period

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.