dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview February 2020

1,341 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, wcdog said:

After re-reading your post, I realized we are probably at different stages. The email has not come through for me. I had sent an inquiry to NVC via email and this is how they replied:

77019B57-92EC-458A-9F11-ED91550E7CDD.jpeg

No, this is exactly what I received by email. We are awaiting the interview date to be set by NVC. However, when I check my status I can only see that my case is still at NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
57 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

No you are misunderstanding. Let we write it out step by step.

1. Go to interview get approved

2. Pick up passport with visa in it.

3. Either pay $220 Immigration fee before they leave their country or pay after they arrive. You have 1 year to do this.

4. Beneficiary arrives at POE (Port of Entry) an goes through immigration and gets the 551 stamp in their passport. This is the Temp Green card.

5. Social Security card should arrive 10 to 14 days after arrival in US. If it doesn't go to nearest SS office and apply.

6. if you paid the $220 Immigration fee, green card normally arrives in 30 to 45 days.

Nothing is waiting for him when he arrives. His case for those two things is activated when he arrives at the POE. Until he arrives nothing is going to happen.

Oooooooh nooooowwwww I get it! I didn’t realize that all that was done at POE! Thanks for the clarification. Welp, guess we’ll have a honey-do list so he can stay busy until he’s accepted a job offer 😃 There’s plenty for him to learn and adjust to before he has to start working. I feel like it will be overwhelming for him at first 😟 Thank God he’s strong and not lazy at all 😍🥰

Hi everyone.  I need a little help please.  I am pretty sure I saw a question like this before on this forum but I cannot find it.

I am trying to register my interview appointment as instructed but I keep getting a message that "the case is not ready for an appointment".  Can anyone advise what I should do or do I just keep trying.

I received my interview letter email yesterday (23rd January).

Also, will I be allowed to go ahead and schedule the medical exam before the appointment is registered?

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Sea Leslie said:

OH WOW!!!! how do you guys know all of this??? I am blown away.:wow:

Everything I know, I learned from VJ and lots of reading on the guides and threads and looking at questions that have been asked and answered. @dwheels76 has been tremendously helpful too! Especially since she’s got personal experience with the same consulate we’re using. 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, iysha said:

Hi everyone.  I need a little help please.  I am pretty sure I saw a question like this before on this forum but I cannot find it.

I am trying to register my interview appointment as instructed but I keep getting a message that "the case is not ready for an appointment".  Can anyone advise what I should do or do I just keep trying.

I received my interview letter email yesterday (23rd January).

Also, will I be allowed to go ahead and schedule the medical exam before the appointment is registered?

Yes, schedule your medical as early as possible.

the system isnt ready for you to register your interview, give it a business day or two. Thats what happened to us

1 minute ago, DKing said:

the system isnt ready for you to register your interview, give it a business day or two. Thats what happened to us

Thank you so much for your response.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, DKing said:

What do you guys mean by register your interview? What system isn't ready? Please kindly clarify. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, SeMag2627 said:

What do you guys mean by register your interview? What system isn't ready? Please kindly clarify. Thanks.

So when you get your IL its gonna give instructions on how to essentially 'check in' for your interview date and time. You'll have to log into a separate page (we found ours on travel.state.gov and found our consulate from the list, it gives you a link to the consulate page) you'll have to make a profile and put in information found on your IL.

You have to wait a couple days from when you get your IL to do it because your case number isnt loaded into the consulate system immediately. so thats what I mean by the system isnt ready. 

(I'm assuming that NVC sends us and the embassy the date they scheduled at the same time and then its up to the embassy to load it up in their system)

Hope this is clear lol

1 hour ago, SeMag2627 said:

For Nigeria, what they did this month was that they scheduled/sent ILs on 1/14 for CR1/IR1 and then sent ILs on 1/23 for other categories such as F3,F4, F2A etc, because I think slots were still open, but they didn't send CR1/IR1 on 1/23. That's not scheduling all month on my opinion. @stech786

I’m cr1 with an IL for 1/23 however I concur, no scheduling all month. 

Timeline
Just now, yellowtulips said:

I’m cr1 with an IL for 1/23 however I concur, no scheduling all month. 

Wow.

Interesting then. I had seen some F3 and F2As getting IL (not here though), I assumed there was no CR1 on the 1/23 date. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.