dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview February 2020

1,341 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, DKing said:

So when you get your IL its gonna give instructions on how to essentially 'check in' for your interview date and time. You'll have to log into a separate page (we found ours on travel.state.gov and found our consulate from the list, it gives you a link to the consulate page) you'll have to make a profile and put in information found on your IL.

You have to wait a couple days from when you get your IL to do it because your case number isnt loaded into the consulate system immediately. so thats what I mean by the system isnt ready. 

(I'm assuming that NVC sends us and the embassy the date they scheduled at the same time and then its up to the embassy to load it up in their system)

Hope this is clear lol

Does this mean contents of ILs are different from country to country? Cos this is how my IL basically looks like below (apart from personal details that have been omitted). And there's basically no instruction on how you have to 'check in' your interview date and time. Was your IL different in content?

The National Visa Center (NVC) completed its processing of your immigrant visa application and forwarded it to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General, where an immigrant visa interview has been scheduled. Appointment information is located at the bottom of this email.

Important Information:
You submitted forms and supporting documents to the NVC in electronic form. You must present the original forms and documents for review by the consular officer during your interview.

Please promptly read and follow all Interview Preparation Instructions located on the Department of State's web site at: https://nvc.state.gov/interview.

Important information regarding the required medical appointment is also listed on this site. Failure to promptly follow all instructions provided on this site will result in your immigrant visa being refused at the initial interview.

You should present this letter upon arrival at the Embassy/Consulate General.

Those members of your family, named below, must appear at the Embassy/Consulate General on the appointment date.

PRESIDENTIAL PROCLAMATION ON HEALTH CARE: On October 4, 2019, the President issued Presidential Proclamation 9945 on the "Suspension of Entry of Immigrants Who Will Financially Burden the United States Healthcare System." For the most up to date information on how PP 9945 might affect your case, please visit https://travel.state.gov/healthcare.

What To Do if You Cannot Keep the Appointment:
Some Embassies/Consulates General reschedule interview appointments themselves; others utilize an outside service provider to reschedule appointments. To determine the proper procedure for rescheduling your interview appointment, please go to the Department of State's web site at: https://nvc.state.gov/interview, under "Step 2", select your interview location from the dropdown and click "Download PDF" and follow your Embassy/Consulate General's instructions listed under "Contact Information" on the right.

Reminders:

• Read and follow all interview instructions located at https://nvc.state.gov/interview.
  • Bring this letter to your medical examination because the panel physician may need to review it before performing the examination.
  • If a sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) AND provided the NVC with proof of an IRS Federal Income Tax Extension in lieu of a Federal Income Tax Return, you must upload this to CEAC or bring the sponsor's most recent Federal Income Tax Return to the visa interview.
  • Failure to present all necessary documents to the Consular Officer will result in your immigrant visa being refused at the initial interview.

Questions:
The National Visa Center has completed its processing of this case and any further inquiries should be addressed to the U.S. Embassy, Consulate General, or Diplomatic Mission listed below. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate General by e-mail, letter, or fax, always refer to your name and case number exactly as they appear.

Immigrant Visa Interview Details:

4 minutes ago, SeMag2627 said:

Does this mean contents of ILs are different from country to country? Cos this is how my IL basically looks like below (apart from personal details that have been omitted). And there's basically no instruction on how you have to 'check in' your interview date and time. Was your IL different in content?

The National Visa Center (NVC) completed its processing of your immigrant visa application and forwarded it to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General, where an immigrant visa interview has been scheduled. Appointment information is located at the bottom of this email.

Important Information:
You submitted forms and supporting documents to the NVC in electronic form. You must present the original forms and documents for review by the consular officer during your interview.

Please promptly read and follow all Interview Preparation Instructions located on the Department of State's web site at: https://nvc.state.gov/interview.

Important information regarding the required medical appointment is also listed on this site. Failure to promptly follow all instructions provided on this site will result in your immigrant visa being refused at the initial interview.

Those members of your family, named below, must appear at the Embassy/Consulate General on the appointment date.

PRESIDENTIAL PROCLAMATION ON HEALTH CARE: On October 4, 2019, the President issued Presidential Proclamation 9945 on the "Suspension of Entry of Immigrants Who Will Financially Burden the United States Healthcare System." For the most up to date information on how PP 9945 might affect your case, please visit https://travel.state.gov/healthcare.

Some Embassies/Consulates General reschedule interview appointments themselves; others utilize an outside service provider to reschedule appointments. To determine the proper procedure for rescheduling your interview appointment, please go to the Department of State's web site at: https://nvc.state.gov/interview, under "Step 2", select your interview location from the dropdown and click "Download PDF" and follow your Embassy/Consulate General's instructions listed under "Contact Information" on the right.

Reminders:

• Read and follow all interview instructions located at https://nvc.state.gov/interview.
  • Bring this letter to your medical examination because the panel physician may need to review it before performing the examination.
  • If a sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) AND provided the NVC with proof of an IRS Federal Income Tax Extension in lieu of a Federal Income Tax Return, you must upload this to CEAC or bring the sponsor's most recent Federal Income Tax Return to the visa interview.
  • Failure to present all necessary documents to the Consular Officer will result in your immigrant visa being refused at the initial interview.

Questions:
The National Visa Center has completed its processing of this case and any further inquiries should be addressed to the U.S. Embassy, Consulate General, or Diplomatic Mission listed below. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate General by e-mail, letter, or fax, always refer to your name and case number exactly as they appear.

Mine looks this way as well. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SeMag2627 said:

Important Information:

Reminders:

Questions:

This is how ours looks as well. So that line near the top (i made it bigger, bolded and yellow) when you follow that link, it takes you through the pre interview steps. when you get to the next page, theres this section

info.PNG.86ac294e6e370d4ad85822d510c28bf8.PNG

That Link https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html

you find your consulate/embassy and follow the instructions specific to your country

For ours, the first instruction was to register and it provided the link

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, DKing said:

This is how ours looks as well. So that line near the top (i made it bigger, bolded and yellow) when you follow that link, it takes you through the pre interview steps. when you get to the next page, theres this section

info.PNG.86ac294e6e370d4ad85822d510c28bf8.PNG

That Link https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.html

you find your consulate/embassy and follow the instructions specific to your country

For ours, the first instruction was to register and it provided the link

Now I understand you perfectly well. However, from my observation, those from Nigeria who attended CR1/IR1 interview are given a paper where this same link is (ustraveldocs.ng) given,  and are told to register their profile there so that they can receive information on when to pick up their passport with visas. It is not for one to schedule or reschedule appointment. With CR1 you cannot schedule appointment. In any case if u try to do so. The dates you will see there are dates that come much after your actual interview date. I just tried it now and the earliest date available is March 23rd, meanwhile my actual interview date is Feb 6th.

The only people that can schedule appointments there are those for K1 immigrant visa and those for nonimmigrant visa.  

Anyone who has previously applied for a nonimmigrant visa would have his/her profile in there already anyways.

In other words, what I'm saying is that it is irrelevant to scheduling of interviews for CR1/IR1 (for Nigeria anyways), but will become relevant after the interview, for pickup of one's passport once approved. So it's not bad to register now, but one shouldn't make the mistake of scheduling an interview date. 

Forgive me for the lengthy post. I hope it sounds coherent though...lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SeMag2627 said:

Now I understand you perfectly well. However, from my observation, those from Nigeria who attended CR1/IR1 interview are given a paper where this same link is (ustraveldocs.ng) given,  and are told to register their profile there so that they can receive information on when to pick up their passport with visas. It is not for one to schedule or reschedule appointment. With CR1 you cannot schedule appointment. In any case if u try to do so. The dates you will see there are dates that come much after your actual interview date. I just tried it now and the earliest date available is March 23rd, meanwhile my actual interview date is Feb 6th.

The only people that can schedule appointments there are those for K1 immigrant visa and those for nonimmigrant visa.  

Anyone who has previously applied for a nonimmigrant visa would have his/her profile in there already anyways.

In other words, what I'm saying is that it is irrelevant to scheduling of interviews for CR1/IR1 (for Nigeria anyways), but will become relevant after the interview, for pickup of one's passport once approved. So it's not bad to register now, but one shouldn't make the mistake of scheduling an interview date. 

Forgive me for the lengthy post. I hope it sounds coherent though...lol

Yeah this makes perfect sense, and its definitely important to get the information for your own country.

It seems that Trinidad has to register though, based on the original question posed by Iysha. 

Its a good thing you know what youre looking for and what you need to do, because its easy to see a suggestion made by someone else and try it out not knowing if itll work for you or not.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

LOL I so remember my husband was like "are they trying to kill of to see who survives goodness".

Now these next couple of weeks will seem like eternity. So start packing and deciding what you are taking and what stays.

Man it feels like it's there to see who survives but it is time for me to start organizing my life

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Odiegwu said:

Oooooooh nooooowwwww I get it! I didn’t realize that all that was done at POE! Thanks for the clarification. Welp, guess we’ll have a honey-do list so he can stay busy until he’s accepted a job offer 😃 There’s plenty for him to learn and adjust to before he has to start working. I feel like it will be overwhelming for him at first 😟 Thank God he’s strong and not lazy at all 😍🥰

Dang i see your 2 year anniversary is in June. He has 6 months to enter if he enters on or after that date you will get the 10 year green card and no need to adjust status in 2 years.

But waiting 6 months is kind much, but thought I would put it out there.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kat and ale said:

Any update for IR1 interview letters Mumbai??? What date they’re working on to scadule???

10/25 DQ last I seen got 2/25 interview date.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Everything I know, I learned from VJ and lots of reading on the guides and threads and looking at questions that have been asked and answered. @dwheels76 has been tremendously helpful too! Especially since she’s got personal experience with the same consulate we’re using. 😊

Awww sweet thank you. Been on VJ since June 2011. Reading, researching, helping and calling NVC at nauseum for real. Supervisor Gus is the best.

It's my pleasure to serve you all.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Any of you coming up on your 2 year married anniversary and will wait for it to enter US to get the 10 year green card? Or even know what I am talking about.

Let's talk.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
5 hours ago, Odiegwu said:

Same, no attachment or barcode with ours 😟

Yes ma’am 

Thanks so VERY MUCH!!! I just paid it online, I am so excited... I'm trying not to pee my pants. :rofl:

:ot2: Now I am wondering if the Embassy in Jamaica will be notified that it has been paid or if it even matters to them during the interview. 

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Timeline

Everything I know, I learned from VJ and lots of reading on the guides and threads and looking at questions that have been asked and answered. @dwheels76 has been tremendously helpful too! Especially since she’s got personal experience with the same consulate we’re using. 😊

I have learned so much about this process... but everyone has bee SO HELPFUL. I ❤️ this place, I feel like we're family. 

Nebraska Service Center

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

Timeline
5 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

LOL I so remember my husband was like "are they trying to kill of to see who survives goodness".

Now these next couple of weeks will seem like eternity. So start packing and deciding what you are taking and what stays.

Yes, he sent me pictures of his arm and I felt his pain, but he was smiling so I'm sure he will be alright.

Now the next couples of weeks, I will have to go into hyper mode. There are so many things I have to get ready for him... I want to get little things to show him I was preparing for his arrival. This is getting to be fun now :dance:

Nebraska Service Center

Timeline
5 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

No. The SS# normally arrive 10 to 14 days after arrival. But sometime you have to go to SS office because they didn't send or there was an issue.
If card doesn't come after 2 weeks then go to SS office.

The green card whether you pay before you arrive or after  really doesn't matter. If you paid before your arrival at POE activates it's production. Now that can take from 3 weeks to 180 days or longer. I know many waiting that 120 days (That's how long you have to wait to start disturbing USCIS).

Most cards come in that 30 to 45 day range.

Yes, I did check that box because I knew that he would need the SS# and since I just paid for the green card I hope that the production does not take long. 

Nebraska Service Center

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sea Leslie said:

Thanks so VERY MUCH!!! I just paid it online, I am so excited... I'm trying not to pee my pants. :rofl:

:ot2: Now I am wondering if the Embassy in Jamaica will be notified that it has been paid or if it even matters to them during the interview. 

R u taking about the $220 Immigration fee. The embassy could careless because it has nothing to do with them.

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.