2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
8 hours ago, gregcrs2 said:

Had the interview today at Ft. Myers, FL.  Approved in the morning and had a same day Oath Ceremony in the afternoon.  Officially done with USCIS!

Congratulations! Could you please share the civics and reading/writing questions they have asked you?  Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, aa1979 said:

Congratulations! Could you please share the civics and reading/writing questions they have asked you?  Thank you!

It's all directly out of the Preparing for the Naturalization Test pocket study guide (100 questions).

8.  What did the Declaration of Independence do?

34.  Who vetoes bills?

39.  How many justices are on the Supreme Court?

55.  What are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy?

64.  There were 13 original states.  Name three.

100.  Name two National U.S> Holidays.

English test:  When is Columbus Day?

Writing test:  Columbus Day is in October.

15 hours ago, Winterbeard said:

Oath scheduled for October 15th! Can't believe it. Done with USCIS - almost! 

We're almost done! Mine is on October 13th. Congratulations to everybody who passed their interview and also had their oath ceremony :)

N400 Journey

01.15.2020: N400 Application sent 

01.17.2020: NOA Biometrics scheduled for February 05, 2020

02.05.2020: Biometrics done

03.02.2020: Interview was scheduled for April 20, 2020

03.31.2020: Interview de-scheduled due to Covid-19

09.02.2020: New interview date scheduled for September 21, 2020 Tampa

09.21.2020: Interview done - passed

09.24.2020: Oath Ceremony scheduled for October 13, 2020 Tampa

10.13.2020: Oath Ceremony done 🥰💖

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
11 hours ago, Cryssiekins said:

Did you try reaching out to your congressperson?  I think you have an I 751 pending too, right?  I sent an email back when my n400 was scheduled the first time to ensure the i751 got moved from Vermont.  

I also called USCIS for infopass to get an ADIT stamp so I’d have something to show status, and when I went in for that, the IO was like “whoa you’re still waiting?” and she typed in something on her screen for a good minute.  

This was definitely the longest leg of the immigration journey.  You are almost there!!

I have involved both congressman and senator to intervene in my case and was told by USCIS NBC that my I751 and N400 will be adjudicated at the same time. While I was waiting for congressman/senator response , I had a infopass appointment with local field office in July, 2020 to have a I551 stamp on my passport. The Officer there was kind enough to check on my case and was told that my I751 case is still stuck at NBC since Feb, 2019 and unless they received file from NBC, they cant schedule my N400 which is totally in contrast with what USCIS responded to my congressman/senator in which they specifically mentioned in the letter that once Albany, NY field office schedule N400 to petitioner, only then NBC will send I751 file to local field office. So I don't know who to believe?I contacted the local field office last month to see if they could provide me some inside information as to whats going with my case and was told they are literally waiting on NBC to send i751 file in order for them to schedule me for combo interview so at this point I'm hopeless and helpless. Another challenge that I'm currently facing is that I'm also planning to relocate to Dallas, TX area within few weeks due to my job/family situation so not sure how would it affect my pending immigration case? probably longer wait time?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Charming12 said:

I have involved both congressman and senator to intervene in my case and was told by USCIS NBC that my I751 and N400 will be adjudicated at the same time. While I was waiting for congressman/senator response , I had a infopass appointment with local field office in July, 2020 to have a I551 stamp on my passport. The Officer there was kind enough to check on my case and was told that my I751 case is still stuck at NBC since Feb, 2019 and unless they received file from NBC, they cant schedule my N400 which is totally in contrast with what USCIS responded to my congressman/senator in which they specifically mentioned in the letter that once Albany, NY field office schedule N400 to petitioner, only then NBC will send I751 file to local field office. So I don't know who to believe?I contacted the local field office last month to see if they could provide me some inside information as to whats going with my case and was told they are literally waiting on NBC to send i751 file in order for them to schedule me for combo interview so at this point I'm hopeless and helpless. Another challenge that I'm currently facing is that I'm also planning to relocate to Dallas, TX area within few weeks due to my job/family situation so not sure how would it affect my pending immigration case? probably longer wait time?

Oh yikes!  What a nightmare. I’m sorry your process has been so frustrating.  

If you move, your n400 will be delayed because I think there’s a 3 month living requirement to file in a new jurisdiction, but at the rate they’re jerking you around, you might meet that requirement before they even go to ship your file. 

I thought they scan everything upon receipt, so sending the physical file seems like a waste of shipping fees.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
8 hours ago, Cryssiekins said:

Oh yikes!  What a nightmare. I’m sorry your process has been so frustrating.  

If you move, your n400 will be delayed because I think there’s a 3 month living requirement to file in a new jurisdiction, but at the rate they’re jerking you around, you might meet that requirement before they even go to ship your file. 

I thought they scan everything upon receipt, so sending the physical file seems like a waste of shipping fees.

Thank you for your wishes.I wish you the best as well on October 8 so you are done with this horrendous process

On 9/24/2020 at 5:41 PM, Cryssiekins said:

I got an interview letter today!  

October 8th in Buffalo, NY.  It will be a combo i751-n400 interview.  

SO excited! 

Same day as my spouse; his is at Baltimore. Will be thinking good thoughts for you!

Married September 2015 in Canada after living with my now-husband for 2 years in Toronto
I-130 mailed from Toronto: 10/30/15
I-130 received: 11/3/15
NOA1 via email: 11/5/15 - case routed to CSC
NOA1 via snail mail: 11/17/15

NOA2 via email: 12/9/15!!!!!

NOA2 via snail mail: 12/16/15

NVC received case: 12/16/15

Case # and IIN over the phone: 1/4/16, assigned 12/29/15

DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid: 1/4/16

DS-261 reviewed over the phone: 1/8/16

Sent AOS and IV documents, received and paid IV fee: 1/11/16

Scan date: 1/12/16

DS-260 unlocked and completed: 1/13/16

Case complete: 2/18/2016

Interview date: 4/12/2016 -- visa approved!

CEAC status issued: 4/13/16

Arrival in US: 4/29/2016 !!!!!!

Any letter of interview for Newark NJ fillers, I have to travel in November but confused as to when the interview will be scheduled and the timing. I will be going for a about 6 weeks. Am home sick. Haven’t seen my family in 4 years. 

my date of completion is November 2020, does it really WORK? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
31 minutes ago, GodisGood12 said:

Any letter of interview for Newark NJ fillers, I have to travel in November but confused as to when the interview will be scheduled and the timing. I will be going for a about 6 weeks. Am home sick. Haven’t seen my family in 4 years. 

my date of completion is November 2020, does it really WORK? 

Newark filer here too - date of completion was September, now there’s no date of completion that September has almost passed 😂 those estimates are not accurate at all, especially post-covid. Newark hasn’t even re-scheduled all the cancelled interviews from April yet. September ‘19 filers are still waiting.

1 hour ago, Quarknase said:

Newark filer here too - date of completion was September, now there’s no date of completion that September has almost passed 😂 those estimates are not accurate at all, especially post-covid. Newark hasn’t even re-scheduled all the cancelled interviews from April yet. September ‘19 filers are still 

Edited by cross2020

Newark filer here too - date of completion was September, now there’s no date of completion that September has almost passed 😂 those estimates are not accurate at all, especially post-covid. Newark hasn’t even re-scheduled all the cancelled interviews from April yet. September ‘19 filers are still 

Edited by cross2020

Newark filer here too - date of completion was September, now there’s no date of completion that September has almost passed 😂 those estimates are not accurate at all, especially post-covid. Newark hasn’t even re-scheduled all the cancelled interviews from April yet. September ‘19 filers are still waiting.

Lol 😂, thanks a lot, off I go. Missing my mom. Booking my tickets now. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 minutes ago, GodisGood12 said:

Lol 😂, thanks a lot, off I go. Missing my mom. Booking my tickets now. 

Just note that if you get an interview appointment while you are overseas and want to return to the USA to attend the interview, you will need to self quarantine for 14 days prior to the interview date.  We cut our overseas trip almost 3 weeks to attend the interview.  Or you can arrange to reschedule.

7 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Just note that if you get an interview appointment while you are overseas and want to return to the USA to attend the interview, you will need to self quarantine for 14 days prior to the interview date.  We cut our overseas trip almost 3 weeks to attend the interview.  Or you can arrange to reschedule.

Thinking of going for 3 or 5 weeks, nov to dec, am sure for a Newark filler I will be getting interviewed by Next year. God help me. But am still confused 🤷🏽‍♂️ 🤷🏻‍♀️. Thinking 🤔

i have a Covid canceled tickets already with the airline, and if I can’t go by April 2021, my money 💰 will go to waste. 

so I will go early and come back early, I think 🤔 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.