2,317 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, sree_yash said:

As you might have experienced in this Immigration journey, its a Game of Patience when it comes to USCIS matters. 

Exactly my friend. 

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone! Planning to start my naturalization process based on a 3 year rule. i got some questions and need some insights from those who has done this, or who’s currently underway. 

1) does being unemployed for 3 years matter in n400 approval? (I have a baby and full time mom)

2) do i need to submit foreign passport (which is on my maiden name still, but never travelled outside us for 3 years) or is it irrelevant to submit?

3) for those who are from the Philippines here: did you accomplish report of marriage and change your maiden name to married name in your phili passport before applying N400? 

thanks in advance!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Gingerboo said:

Hi everyone! Planning to start my naturalization process based on a 3 year rule. i got some questions and need some insights from those who has done this, or who’s currently underway. 

1) does being unemployed for 3 years matter in n400 approval? (I have a baby and full time mom)

2) do i need to submit foreign passport (which is on my maiden name still, but never travelled outside us for 3 years) or is it irrelevant to submit?

3) for those who are from the Philippines here: did you accomplish report of marriage and change your maiden name to married name in your phili passport before applying N400? 

thanks in advance!

Hello!

i don’t think it matters that you didn’t work, assuming you don’t receive public benefits. You and your husband probably filed taxes married filing jointly so you’d just submit those transcripts.

the passport is required, but I can’t reply to the third question (I’m sure others can). I don’t believe that USCIS cares if you updated your foreign documents. Your Greencard surely reflects your married name?

37 minutes ago, Gingerboo said:

thanks in advance!

By submit if you meant submit along with N400 application, then No. you’ll have to take your phil passport along with you for the interview 

Does anyone except those 2 people  have Interview scheduled?

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

1 hour ago, Gingerboo said:

Thanks. Does it matter if my phil passport is expired or not? I dont plan to renew it since i will be filing my N400. 

You need to take expired & unexpired passports with you for the interview 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I was eligible for N-400 since October 2019 but just got too busy with holidays, family visiting, work, gym, new year resolutions, etc. Now I am finally getting ready to file for N-400 and started reading this thread to see what I have to look forward to. LOL. 

There is a lot of good information on this thread (besides all the “update the spreadsheet” yelling). I learned about online filing, IRS transcripts download, and I was happy to see that my Field Office (Cleveland OH) was mentioned as one of the fastest one around. 

I applied to my AOS and ROC by myself without lawyers and never had any problems, so I already know the drill... bank statements, joint leases, mortgage, joint bills, beneficiaries insurance and retirement, etc.  

The only thing I am (VERY) concerned about - and I feel like I am the only one (!) - is the civics test! How are you guys preparing for it or have any recommendations??? Flash cards? App recommendations? Books? 

I actually called an organization that offers “prep classes for citizenship” listed on uscis website and got turned away. He asked if I was asking for classes for someone else?! Because my English was “too good to benefit from the class”. I was kind of disappointed but decided to take it as a compliment. LOL. 

- ~ AOS Journey ~ -
03/02/2016 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

[Day 62] 05/03 - Received EAD/AP combo card by mail

[Day 328] 01/24/2017 - Interview for AOS

[Day 336] 02/01 - Received GC. 

- ~ ROC Journey ~ -
10/29/2018 - Sent I-751

07/02/2019 - Biometrics appointment 

08/22/2019 - ROC Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, lntdenver said:

Hi everyone!

I was eligible for N-400 since October 2019 but just got too busy with holidays, family visiting, work, gym, new year resolutions, etc. Now I am finally getting ready to file for N-400 and started reading this thread to see what I have to look forward to. LOL. 

There is a lot of good information on this thread (besides all the “update the spreadsheet” yelling). I learned about online filing, IRS transcripts download, and I was happy to see that my Field Office (Cleveland OH) was mentioned as one of the fastest one around. 

I applied to my AOS and ROC by myself without lawyers and never had any problems, so I already know the drill... bank statements, joint leases, mortgage, joint bills, beneficiaries insurance and retirement, etc.  

The only thing I am (VERY) concerned about - and I feel like I am the only one (!) - is the civics test! How are you guys preparing for it or have any recommendations??? Flash cards? App recommendations? Books? 

I actually called an organization that offers “prep classes for citizenship” listed on uscis website and got turned away. He asked if I was asking for classes for someone else?! Because my English was “too good to benefit from the class”. I was kind of disappointed but decided to take it as a compliment. LOL. 

I made my own flash cards, using the list on the USCIS site. For the questions with multiple acceptable answers, I picked one that I can easily remember. I enlisted my husband to quiz me as well lol.

33 minutes ago, lntdenver said:

Hi everyone!

There is an official app as well for the test that helps.

Edited by Znzn2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, lntdenver said:

Hi everyone!

This is what the app looks like. Should really be easy with it!

94387A65-0DA8-48F7-8B63-D81499615B6B.png

12 hours ago, lntdenver said:

Hi everyone!

When you finish your N400 biometrics at the application support center, they will give you a free citizenship booklet. It contains 100 questions covering US history, geography & civics. This booklet is the only thing you need to prepare for the citizenship test.

Alternatively you may download the flash cards or PDF version of the booklet from Uscis website.

here is the link.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Office of Citizenship/Citizenship Resource Center Site/Publications/100q.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
16 hours ago, lntdenver said:

Hi everyone!

Hi intdenver

i just went through the interview at Cleveland office. Let me know if you have any questions.

N-400/Naturalization application

Spoiler

·         10/30/2019 - Filed N-400 Online - Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

·         10/31/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 available online

·         11/02/2019 - Status Changed to Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled

·         11/04/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 in the mail

·         11/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 available online

·         11/08/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 in the mail

·         11/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment

·         11/21/2019 - Status Changed to Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

·         12/30/2019 - Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled

·         12/31/2019 - Interview notice dated December 30 available online

·         01/06/2020 - Interview notice dated December 30 in the mail

·         02/06/2020 - Interview at local USCIS Office - APPROVED

·         02/06/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

·         02/12/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

·         02/13/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 available online

·         02/18/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 in the mail

·         03/11/2020 - Naturalization Ceremony - US CITIZEN!

·         03/11/2020 - Status Changed to Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued

US Passport application

·         03/11/2020 - Applied for US Passport at local USPS with expedite service

·         03/16/2020 - Received email that Application is In Process

·         03/17/2020 - Check was cashed

·         03/23/2020 - Received email that Application is Approved

·         03/26/2020 - Received the Passport Book in the mail

·         03/27/2020 - Received the Certificate of Naturalization in the mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/13/2020 at 4:22 PM, Gingerboo said:

thanks in advance!

You can also look at the videos on YouTube. While driving tou can always listen to the questions and answers given.Works for me

22 hours ago, alexpop13 said:

Hi intdenver

i just went through the interview at Cleveland office. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Alexpop.

How fast is the office in Cleveland? How long did it take you to complete your application?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.