Greenbaum

JANUARY 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

304 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, nasse_forelle said:

I got my NOA1 last week but I didn’t get a text message or email even though I signed up for e-notification. Is this normal ?

Yes sometimes they send them sometimes not. As long as you got your NOA1 that's all that matters at this point.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hey everyone!

My fiancé and I sent our petition to the Dallas lockbox on January, 25th and, according to the FedEx tracking system, it was delivered on January, 29th.

On February, 3rd my fiancé received a text message with our case number (starting with WAC, so I assume it will be processed by the California Service Center) and the text confirmed that they receive the packet on January, 29th.

I also checked the Case Stutus tracker and it says the same thing.

Since the text message with haven't received any paper copy of the NOA1.

Is this normal?

Thank you for helping.

Anna

50 minutes ago, anna.us said:

Hey everyone!

My fiancé and I sent our petition to the Dallas lockbox on January, 25th and, according to the FedEx tracking system, it was delivered on January, 29th.

On February, 3rd my fiancé received a text message with our case number (starting with WAC, so I assume it will be processed by the California Service Center) and the text confirmed that they receive the packet on January, 29th.

Is this normal?

Thank you for helping.

Anna

Nothing to worry about the hard copy will arrive directly.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Nothing to worry about the hard copy will arrive directly.

Thank you so much! Just getting worried about nothing!

1 hour ago, anna.us said:

Hey everyone!

Is this normal?

Thank you for helping.

Anna

It's common VJ etiquette to only post your question in one thread. You received a great answer from a member so there really isn't a need to be post in more then one thread. Just newbie advise. Good luck on your journey.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 hours ago, nasse_forelle said:

I got my NOA1 last week but I didn’t get a text message or email even though I signed up for e-notification. Is this normal ?

Your going to experience that somethings about notification seem broken. Sometimes you will get what you signed up for and other times you will not. Be confident that you will receive the following in the mail that are important to your journey. NOA1, NOA2, NVC case number and your visa when approved. This is all normal. If you get a text message feel lucky,

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

4 minutes ago, anna.us said:

Still figuring out how to properly use the VJ, thanks for the advice anyway.

Let me help you with another way of using VJ. When you reply to a post use the quote button at the end of the post that you want to quote (2). This will bring up a box with the quoted post and that person will be advised that you have responded to their post or others will see the topic you are replying to and we can help if need be. Here is another example. If you have a multitude of people to respond to you can use the plus (1) and you select each post you want to respond to until you have exhausted your list and all those prior post from the individuals will appear ready for you to respond to each. I hope this helps. Remember, everyone was in your place and one time or another so your not alone.

2018-10-27_15-52-08.jpg.f5ee7515825c8af34c59400dded90dd4.jpg

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Let me help you with another way of using VJ. When you reply to a post use the quote button at the end of the post that you want to quote (2). This will bring up a box with the quoted post and that person will be advised that you have responded to their post or others will see the topic you are replying to and we can help if need be. Here is another example. If you have a multitude of people to respond to you can use the plus (1) and you select each post you want to respond to until you have exhausted your list and all those prior post from the individuals will appear ready for you to respond to each. I hope this helps. Remember, everyone was in your place and one time or another so your not alone.

2018-10-27_15-52-08.jpg.f5ee7515825c8af34c59400dded90dd4.jpg

Ok, it makes more sense now, this was really helpful!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/5/2020 at 7:40 PM, Besamiot said:

That was a short wait. Your NOA2 may be early too. People have different circumstances. I've been waiting for NOA2 for 7 months until the ban on Nigeria. My fiance is in Nigeria. So I don't know if they will still process my petition or if they will stop at this point. Just confused. I wish you an easier ride. All luck to you.

Thank you. I sure hope the wait won’t be too long for me. Best of luck to you with everything! I sincerely hope it works out for you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, pooj97 said:

Thank you. I sure hope the wait won’t be too long for me. Best of luck to you with everything! I sincerely hope it works out for you

Thanks pooj97. That warms my heart, and I wish everyone here well with their own cases. I hope everyone can smile in the end. 

On 2/5/2020 at 7:40 PM, Besamiot said:

That was a short wait. Your NOA2 may be early too. People have different circumstances. I've been waiting for NOA2 for 7 months until the ban on Nigeria. My fiance is in Nigeria. So I don't know if they will still process my petition or if they will stop at this point. Just confused. I wish you an easier ride. All luck to you.

Whether a K-1 is impacted by the ban or not is not entirely clear at this time. Hopefully there will be some clarity this week or next. I would presume it does cover K-1 visas, like the prior travel ban did despite not explicitly saying K-1 was impacted. The devil is in the details and we have no details. So maybe you will slip under this without any hiccups.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone 

today our file was reached to the lockbox by Fedex. 

I have a question for u: 

we forgot to send an information about my fiancé separation date which is 4 years earlier than divorce date. When Can we send the statement and correct our file ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.