Greenbaum

JANUARY 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

304 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Naz2020 said:

Hi everyone 

today our file was reached to the lockbox by Fedex. 

I have a question for u: 

we forgot to send an information about my fiancé separation date which is 4 years earlier than divorce date. When Can we send the statement and correct our file ? 

Once you have received your NOA1 (about 2 weeks) then you can send a correction. You want to use the information from then NOA1 in particular the WAC#.

This letter has worked for others to correct errors or for missing documentation or errors that you would like to update, correct or add.

I-129F Supplement

<PETITIONERS ADDRESS HERE>

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

California Service Center

P.O. Box 30111

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0111

Dear USCIS,

I, <PETITIONER NAME>, forgetfully omitted XXXXXXXXX in my i-129f petition for alien fiancé and have sent this supplement to provide the missing information. The contents included in this supplement are:

• Beneficiary's passport style photo (Do not forget to write her/his full name on the back of it lightly in pencil)
  • Letter of intent to marry (beneficiary)
  • Letter of intent to marry (petitioner)

I wish to please request that the documents included in this supplement be added to my i-129f petition for alien fiancé. 

Information about my petition:

Receipt number:

Receipt notice date:

Petitioner:

Petitioner's date of birth:

Beneficiary:

Beneficiary's date of birth:

Signed,

<Signature and printed name>

<Date>

@Naz2020 

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, Daniiela11 said:

I sent my 129f on January 17th, and received NOA1 on January 24th.

Now it's time to wait 😊

Welcome to the group. The wait is not as long as it was not to long ago. Looking at maybe 5 months barring and hiccups.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Our I-129F packet was received December 31, 2019 with an NOA1 date of January 6, 2020. While we filed in December, I'm considering that we're more closely aligned with January filers as far as timeline and experience will be. Thanks for creating threads like these!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Last month we sent our I-129F and we have already received the related NOA1.

At the time we filed, I was unemployed and I stated so in the petition. About a week ago, however, I started working again. 

Should my fiancé send a supplement explaining what happened, including all the details related to my new job? I am scared that not updating the information might lower our chances to be approved.

I was considering preparing a supplement for the interview anyway (hoping to be approved).

Thanks for your help.

Edited by anna.us

10 minutes ago, anna.us said:

Hello everyone!

Last month we sent our I-129F and we have already received the related NOA1.

At the time we filed, I was unemployed and I stated so in the petition. About a week ago, however, I started working again. 

Should my fiancé send a supplement explaining what happened, including all the details related to my new job? I am scared that not updating the information might lower our chances to be approved.

I was considering preparing a supplement for the interview anyway (hoping to be approved).

Thanks for your help.

Nothing here to do uless you get a RFE to answer. The petitioner will complete financials for the interview.  That's where you will update your case.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Nothing here to do uless you get a RFE to answer. The petitioner will complete financials for the interview.  That's where you will update your case.

Ok, I see. Basically, when we take care of the affidavit of support, I can explain my personal situation better.

I am aware that my financial situation doesn't matter that much, but my concern lies in the fact that I do not know if USCIS  would consider my previous unemployment a red flag for public charge.

49 minutes ago, anna.us said:

Ok, I see. Basically, when we take care of the affidavit of support, I can explain my personal situation better.

I am aware that my financial situation doesn't matter that much, but my concern lies in the fact that I do not know if USCIS  would consider my previous unemployment a red flag for public charge.

Future income cannot be used to support you now. Neither can past income. They will care about current income first. At the time you present the I-134, it needs to show the petitioner's current income...that is how much they are earning at that time. The past income may be considered for the public charge piece as well, but current income is what is required.

It may be wise to seek a co-sponsor for now. Then if the petitioner does land a job paying better by the time AOS comes around, they can qualify on their own. The I-134 is not binding, and they do not need to use the same sponsor (or any other sponsor at all) for AOS after marriage.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

@Jennifer Yanto Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure someone will find it to be helpful.

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Guys! Time is flying.. its March now! And November applicants keep getting approved, that’s about 3-months of wait time. I hope to hear back from USCIS by late April -  early May as I will be visiting my fiance (beneficiary) during that time for my birthday 🥰 

it’d be a great birthday gift❤️

Edited by Daniiela11

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ian L said:

Will our timeline be affected by this COVID-19?

No one knows at this time. I would guess under the circumstances of reduced travel, light staffing and banning of flights we could see increased processing times. Just have to go with the flow. DON"T make any plans, quit your job, put money down on a wedding or buy airline tickets until you have your visa in your hands and you have reviewed the same for errors. 

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, carakardas said:

I got my NOA2 approval text and email today! My NOA1 was January 3 and their email says I should get the copy in the mail by April 9. Maybe my application was just put into a November filers box and done early.....😃

Congratulations!!

Join us in the MARCH 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks and hacks to follow your case to the embassy.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/733618-march-2020-k-1-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy/#comments

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.