laylalex

Recipes / British Election [split dual topic]

224 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There are some comparables with the US, imagine Trump was up against Warren and not only did Trump win but the Dems lost 25% of their vote. Warren and Corbyn have a lot in common.

Recipe....

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

There's quite a good article in the Atlantic today about how Sanders is not like Corbyn (mostly). I think it simplifies the comparison a little though. https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/12/why-bernie-sanders-no-jeremy-corbyn/603550/

Please post recipe when poss. I am now signing off for a while, I went home from work with a developing migraine. I don't always get the crippling headache (just a small one), but I get terrible visual disturbances (blurry eyes, double vision) and sometimes weirder stuff, like temporary synesthesia and auditory hallucinations. Oh, and the vomiting, that too. 🤮

The neurologist confirmed it was "just" migraines so at least I have that. Oh, and the bottle of Fioricet just in case. 😋

Timeline

Get well soon.

Is Fioricet white or red?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ban Hammer said:

kip?

I wonder how she would feel about living in Alaska?

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

There's quite a good article in the Atlantic today about how Sanders is not like Corbyn (mostly). I think it simplifies the comparison a little though. https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/12/why-bernie-sanders-no-jeremy-corbyn/603550/

Please post recipe when poss. I am now signing off for a while, I went home from work with a developing migraine. I don't always get the crippling headache (just a small one), but I get terrible visual disturbances (blurry eyes, double vision) and sometimes weirder stuff, like temporary synesthesia and auditory hallucinations. Oh, and the vomiting, that too. 🤮

The neurologist confirmed it was "just" migraines so at least I have that. Oh, and the bottle of Fioricet just in case. 😋

Stay well.

I looked up floricet.

Can cause paranoid or suicidal ideation and impair memory, judgment, and coordination. Combining with other substances, particularly alcohol, can slow breathing and possibly lead to death.

sounds like a good happy hour drug!

6 hours ago, Boiler said:

Get well soon.

Is Fioricet white or red?

Mine are blue but I didn't take one in the end. I've been resting in the dark since I got home, and managed to eat something. The headache is still here but manageable; no weird auditory stuff but I am listening to the Fusion GPS book on Audible (turns out it came free with my Kindle order) so there's THAT weird auditory experience! :lol: Alex is treating me like a princess and fed me tom yum soup like an invalid and gave me a back massage. This is the good life!

Thank you for the well wishes, probably need a good night of sleep. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, laylalex said:

Sorry to hear about your migraines.  My wife has been plagued with migraines for most of her life, and the worthless neurologist we had gone to several years ago said they were just typical migraines and she would just have to deal with it!  Her migraines usually start with a very distinct and exaggerated sense of smell,  and then the horrible super sensativity to light and sound along with nausea and vomiting.  Imitrex was of limited help.  She would spend a couple of days in bed with the room dark and cold.  After that she was wiped out for a few days.  About 2 years ago it had gotten so bad that she was having terrible migraines almost weekly.  A couple of doctors I know suggested we go to Miami for help.  Ended up at the Miami Headache Institute  The doctor was great and did a lot of testing.  Diagnosis was spinal stenosis C5, C6, C7 as the main cause.  He treated her with stem cell injections in the back of her neck and head.  Quite painful, but the results have been remarkable.  Now it's no more than one much milder migraine per month.  She still gets some headaches and they seem to be starting from a couple of trigger points in her neck and back.  We are working on that.  If she will let me I want to inject a mixture of botox and lidocaine in those area and see how that works.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

4 hours ago, Neonred said:

Sorry to hear about your migraines.  My wife has been plagued with migraines for most of her life, and the worthless neurologist we had gone to several years ago said they were just typical migraines and she would just have to deal with it!  Her migraines usually start with a very distinct and exaggerated sense of smell,  and then the horrible super sensativity to light and sound along with nausea and vomiting.  Imitrex was of limited help.  She would spend a couple of days in bed with the room dark and cold.  After that she was wiped out for a few days.  About 2 years ago it had gotten so bad that she was having terrible migraines almost weekly.  A couple of doctors I know suggested we go to Miami for help.  Ended up at the Miami Headache Institute  The doctor was great and did a lot of testing.  Diagnosis was spinal stenosis C5, C6, C7 as the main cause.  He treated her with stem cell injections in the back of her neck and head.  Quite painful, but the results have been remarkable.  Now it's no more than one much milder migraine per month.  She still gets some headaches and they seem to be starting from a couple of trigger points in her neck and back.  We are working on that.  If she will let me I want to inject a mixture of botox and lidocaine in those area and see how that works.

I will tell you from recent experience a c5 6 7 issue can be very painful.  My neurosurgeon did a bang up job cleaning up everything. An MRI should have diagnosed that immediately.

I can of had the same issue. Kept going to the doctor in pain. Finally scheduled my own mri 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I will tell you from recent experience a c5 6 7 issue can be very painful.  My neurosurgeon did a bang up job cleaning up everything. An MRI should have diagnosed that immediately.

I can of had the same issue. Kept going to the doctor in pain. Finally scheduled my own mri 

I undertand that's not a fun surgery.  I was quite surprised that the stem cell treatment worked as well as it did.  Of course the doctor made out well since it's a costly treatment that is NOT covered by insurance.  Perhaps that is why he prefers that approach?

21 minutes ago, Neonred said:

I undertand that's not a fun surgery.  I was quite surprised that the stem cell treatment worked as well as it did.  Of course the doctor made out well since it's a costly treatment that is NOT covered by insurance.  Perhaps that is why he prefers that approach?

could be. It wasnt discussed when I had mine. I had a fusion of 5 6 7 ,he did something to address the stenosis, and removed deposits, spurs etc.

To be honest it wasnt that bad. I rather enjoyed my 10 weeks off eating pain meds and watching every episode of 2.5 men  The worst part was wearing the collar.

He did have me wear some bone growth stimulator electromagnetic device that I am sure cost my insurance company $$$. I was skeptical of that. 

Funny story my two implants come off the other day. Front teeth.  I was scared to death my implants had failed. I looked and the abutment and post looked fine. So I went down to CVS and got some dental cement putty stuff and put the crowns back on. All is well. I am sure my dentist is going to be mortified. Just have not had the time. I would be your favorite patient. I have about a 2300 dollar credit balance with him. They call sometimes and ask why I keep sending them money, I told them I know its coming...Lay Away LOL. 

Timeline

Well I must admit my knowledge of drugs outside the basic stuff is pretty limited, I do know someone who is a Pharmacist but she seems to take pleasure in discussing all the nasties that are basically going to kill us all so I tend not to go there.

Two things come to mind, how is Layla doing and will these medical issues get split of into their own thread, and where is that recipe...

Just now, Boiler said:

Well I must admit my knowledge of drugs outside the basic stuff is pretty limited, I do know someone who is a Pharmacist but she seems to take pleasure in discussing all the nasties that are basically going to kill us all so I tend not to go there.

Two things come to mind, how is Layla doing and will these medical issues get split of into their own thread, and where is that recipe...

I think she she do like me with my Trump daily thread. Just start her own thread for ...Alex, EX, Netflix, changing clothes, getting hammered, going to work, coming home from work,  hot FB friend that is Alex's ex etc etc.

Although I dont really mind. She is nice and at least more funny than TBone (not much of a standard). I can get along with anyone who has a sense of humour and is not dogmatic. I detest dogmatic people from the left and the right

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Funny story my two implants come off the other day. Front teeth.  I was scared to death my implants had failed. I looked and the abutment and post looked fine. So I went down to CVS and got some dental cement putty stuff and put the crowns back on. All is well. I am sure my dentist is going to be mortified. Just have not had the time. I would be your favorite patient. I have about a 2300 dollar credit balance with him. They call sometimes and ask why I keep sending them money, I told them I know its coming...Lay Away LOL. 

The cement we use for implant (abutment) retained crowns is rather soft for a reason.  Supposed to be much easier to get them off if we need to.  I have had a few abutment screws, the screw that attaches the abutment to the implant, loosen in spite of having torqued them to spec.  Why is it that when that happens on one of my cases I just have no luck getting the crown off?

Had a few crowns that came off more than once so I used a regular permanent cement! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

She is nice and at least more funny than TBone (not much of a standard). I can get along with anyone who has a sense of humour and is not dogmatic. I detest dogmatic people from the left and the right

Oh poop, you are in trouble now...LOL

Timeline

Can we go back a bit, who is the Hot FB friend?