Rob Beri

K1 Visa Proof of Meeting in Person

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

I have the following proof the we have met in person: flight itinerary, bank statement showing three different ATM transactions in the city the we have met,  two to three pictures of us together, all on the same day/ date, one of the pictures is with my fiancee and I and my family. Is this sufficient proof that we have met in person? I do not have other proof. 

Edited by Rob Beri

5 minutes ago, Rob Beri said:

I have the following proof the we have met in person: flight itinerary, bank statement showing three different ATM transactions in the city the we have met,  two to three pictures of us together, all on the same day/ date, one of the pictures is with my fiancee and I and my family. Is this sufficient proof that we have met in person? I do not have other proof. 

Yeah, attach I94 (Poe entry/exit) while your at it.. doubt you need ATM but it’s not going to hurt

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Yeah, attach I94 (Poe entry/exit) while your at it.. doubt you need ATM but it’s not going to hurt

I went on the link below, but I am unable to retrieve any records. it says no records found: 

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

Edited by Rob Beri

22 minutes ago, Rob Beri said:

I went on the link below, but I am unable to retrieve any records. it says no records found: 

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

Odd, all entry/exit to USA is recorded on there.. are you listing correct passport number?

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Timeline
1 minute ago, Duke & Marie said:

Odd, all entry/exit to USA is recorded on there.. are you listing correct passport number?

Yes, could it be that my record does not show because I drove to Canada and then flew out of Canada? However, I flew at other occasions within the past 5 years - and it does not show up either. Do you still think I have enough prove? 

37 minutes ago, Rob Beri said:

Yes, could it be that my record does not show because I drove to Canada and then flew out of Canada? However, I flew at other occasions within the past 5 years - and it does not show up either. Do you still think I have enough prove? 

I’m not sure why it’s not showing up... you should still be ok to file...but will likely need the i94 down the processing line at some point..if they flew into the states at anytime while meeting you, maybe try her passport number 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

I’m not sure why it’s not showing up... you should still be ok to file...but will likely need the i94 down the processing line at some point..if they flew into the states at anytime while meeting you, maybe try her passport number 

No, she never visited. All that I care about is the initial process of USCIS reviewing my petition. I will be gathering more evidence as I plan to visit my fiance again in March. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Rob Beri said:

Flight itinerary not very helpful, anyone can print out the itinerary without traveling.  Copy of your boarding passes are better.    Copies of your passport stamps are good also.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
15 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Flight itinerary not very helpful, anyone can print out the itinerary without traveling.  Copy of your boarding passes are better.    Copies of your passport stamps are good also.

I did not keep my boarding pass. My passport was only stamped in the connecting country, and not in the final destination for whatever reason. Is it still sufficient to provide the flight itinerary along with a bank statement showing transactions and a couple of pictures? I have no further evidence. 

@Jorgedig what is your feedback? Can you tag other knowledgeable people to give me some insight? 

Edited by Rob Beri

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Rob Beri said:

I did not keep my boarding pass. My passport was only stamped in the connecting country, and not in the final destination for whatever reason. Is it still sufficient to provide the flight itinerary along with a bank statement showing transactions and a couple of pictures? I have no further evidence. 

@Pitaya

@Boiler

@geowrian

Can you please provide insight to the situation? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Rob Beri said:

@Pitaya

@Boiler

@geowrian

Can you please provide insight to the situation? 

First of all, calm down...there is nothing magical about documentary evidence. Take a look at the VJ step-by-step  K1 Visa Guide recommendations for the documentary evidence for your first meeting and an ongoing relationship. All you have to do is have a good blend and as much as possible of ALL of the different types of evidence possible:

Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship:

Use as many of these items are possible. There is no minimum, but the more you can provide the less likely you are that you will receive an RFE. Additionally, please note that providing proof of your ongoing and genuine relationship in this package may benefit you by allowing the consulate to have access to this information prior to them formally contacting the non US Citizen fiance. Many high risk consulates approach cases with a skeptical eye and providing this information early on in the original I-129F package will help them in their preliminary review of your case.

1. Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.
2. Color Photo's of you and your fiance together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photo's. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at a local photo store such as Walgreens (if at all possible) or if not on a high quality printer. Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photo's back.
3. The following items will not typically show proof of having met in the last two years however will show proof of an ongoing relationship: Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate letters and emails, stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

REF: https://www.visajourney.com/guides/k1-fiance-visa/

Surely you can come up with some other types of evidence. 

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Rob Beri said:

@Jorgedig what is your feedback? Can you tag other knowledgeable people to give me some insight? 

Then you will have to rely on a copy of the itinerary.       Did you keep receipts?

Pictures are secondary evidence.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 12/9/2019 at 5:02 PM, Duke & Marie said:

They do not keep exit/ entry data for USCs.

Edited by Jorgedig

21 hours ago, Rob Beri said:

Itinerary is better than nothing.  Maybe that combined with the bank charges from that trip would suffice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.