3,047 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, MAYgirl said:

Hi everyone hope all is well i been out for a long time the wait is getting depressing but still carrying on with positive thinking 

Still waiting for an interview 

Approved I-360  September 2018

Re new medical reminder  February 2019

still no updates (didn't do medical as yet waitng for interview requests)

File in NYC (Queens)

That is a long wait. I am also waiting for interview - (Queens Local Field Office).  Contact your congressman/woman to inquire about your case. 

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, Texas Girl said:

@sandranj

Very glad to see you active again.Your passion to help people is priceless. God bless you and your family tremendously ❤️

Have a qq about Vawa based AOS-

I received a notification that my case was transferred to National Benefits Center, MO 64064  in order to speed up processing. I live in TX (and haven’t changed my address)

Does it mean that my Aos interview will be held there in MO? Kindly advice. 

Thank you .The interview will be held  where  is located your local office .

Timeline
15 hours ago, Maxlax said:

You mean uscis is not issuing rfe anymore, why the. Are some of us issued a rfe.

could you explain more or provide where to read about it

thanks

As I mentioned before USCIS is not obligated to issue an RFE ANYMORE, it was mandatory before .The immigration officer will issue if he/she wants,their decision is discretionary 

Timeline
13 hours ago, xoxox said:

Hi guys , 

quick question please .

I'm green card holder I have new job offer now .

I had interview with manager and asking me to do paperwork very soon .

Also manager asked me to bring driving license , SSN card , GC just in case .

Just I have had read online it says 

Employers must never reverifyU.S. citizens. In most cases, lawful permanent residents do not need to be reverified .

I don't know what is correct answer .

1- Do employers have to reverify permanent resident cards? What about if they want to see it .

2- Should I provide them with My A Number on i9 form ?

Thanks 

You need to prove that you are authorized to work and the GC is the proof.

If you don’t want to show then probably they will hire another person.

Timeline
23 hours ago, DanyT. said:

Hi All,

These forums have been really helpful and have given me some hope in the middle of this nightmare. Thanks God I realized that there was a light at the end of this path after all the threats and abuse of my wife against me.

I got married on October 2017 and this is my time line so far:

03/08/2018 - I-130 received by uscis (PD)

08/06/2018 - I485, I131, I765 received by uscis

08/13/2018 - Fingerprint fee was received

09/05/2018 - Biometrics done

09/06/2018 - Fingerprint review was completed

At some point here the I-130 was approved.

01/23/2019 -  I765 - I131 Case approved

01/25/2019 - Card is being produced

01/27/2019 - Card was picked up by USPS

01/30/2019 - Card was delivered by USPS

08/08/2019 - I765 - I131 renewal received by uscis

08/09/2019 - Interview Was Scheduled

08/17/2019 - I765 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

09/19/2019 - Interview in Hialeah Office (Hard Interview)

11/09/2019 - Decided to not continue with the threats and marriage

11/15/2019 - I360 - I765 - I131 Received by uscis

11/21/2019 - Filled for the divorce (She doesn't want to divorce and she is delaying it until now).

11/27/2019 - I765 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

12/16/2019 - I360 Request for additional evidence was sent (Good moral Character)

12/31/2019 - Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

It seems this will be a long way until i finish this process and I have some questions to you people because you are more experience adn time on it:

- I requested to move the priority date of my I130 to I360, this means they are going to process my I360 faster o the PD is only for the interview for the Green card?.

- There was a work permit and travel document in course since august 2019 because my current work permit finish on january 15th 2020 , if they approve it, can I use it or should I wait to get the work permit sent with the vawa?.

- Because this process takes a lot of time, can I use the travel document i filled before the vawa to go abroad while the case is still in progress or should I stay in the country until is approve?.

Thanks all for your comments,

D.

Priority date has anything to do with Vawa.Spouses of green card holders have a priority date and when a priority date is current they can apply person for AO.S Spouses of U.S Citizens don’t have a  priority date

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
16 hours ago, Texas Girl said:

@sandranj

Very glad to see you active again.Your passion to help people is priceless. God bless you and your family tremendously ❤️

Have a qq about Vawa based AOS-

I received a notification that my case was transferred to National Benefits Center, MO 64064  in order to speed up processing. I live in TX (and haven’t changed my address)

Does it mean that my Aos interview will be held there in MO? Kindly advice. 

Hello Texas girl, I think all interviews take place in the USCIS office closest to you unless there has been a policy change, which I doubt.

I have a quick question for you though: How long was it from when you had update of new c31 card being produced, to official notice of vawa approval and then finally to case transfer? 

I am also in Texas and i had my update of c31 being produced back in late November. I am trying to figure out approximate time frame of what to expect next. Thanks in advance

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear house 

I have a question I am planning to submit for the form I-765 and I-131 renewal next week Under C09 category.

this is my third renewal do I have to put the approval notice and   copy of combo cards for Both last renewals in my packet or the only last combo cards along with I-485 receipt is enough need some advise 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, John_ said:

That is a long wait. I am also waiting for interview - (Queens Local Field Office).  Contact your congressman/woman to inquire about your case. 

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

Thank you i just left their office they will send a request and will hear from them in about 3 weeks 

Thanks 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear house 

I have a question I am planning to submit for the form I-765 and I-131 renewal next week Under C09 category.

this is my third renewal do I have to put the approval notice and   copy of combo cards for Both last renewals in my packet or the only last combo cards along with I-485 receipt is enough need some advise 

Submit  a copy of the last EAD and Advance parole.

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, sandranj said:

Priority date has anything to do with Vawa.Spouses of green card holders have a priority date and when a priority date is current they can apply person for AO.S Spouses of U.S Citizens don’t have a  priority date

Thanks for the info

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hey all finally they updated my status.. now I'm waiting on the approval letter so I can submit my daughter documents to get her ball rolling .. I'm excited.. hopefully her transaction is successful and smooth.. I've been saving up just to have her funds ready for when I got my approval letter.. please wish us luck and send up prayers.. 

Screenshot_20200108-150653~2__01.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, xoxox said:

Thank you  @SUicidaL-3876

When I checked this link , just give me info Explainion about what is purpose for i 9 form .

Definitely yes as you mentioned I have to provide them My A Number On the form .

Just  Very werried if Employer want to see physical GC or Make copy of it .

Should I allow to employer to See my GC or Make copy of it ? Is safe or legal ?

Yes it is legal and they have make copies of documents you provide for their records. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.