3,047 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Aarontx90 said:

Hello, Family,

I had applied for the renewal of my ead, while filing for vawa in May 2019 and on my ead reciept it shows and it Has been really few months now, any idea when I may be getting any answer? 

thanks 

1235C1B3-6FBF-4D63-829D-1C5221CB3D87.jpeg

You applied based on c31 or c09? If it is c09, you should contact your congress person inquire your case

22 minutes ago, SssMay said:

Good evening all, I just received interview notice today. The interview date is 1/30/2020. I just wondering what kinds of documents should I bring to the interview. I will do the medical exam on tomorrow, is it early for the interview? Thanks.

You should do medical because they will ask for it. I would say file your 2019 taxes and bring your w2s for interview.. 

Hi guys,

Hi Sandranj 

@sandranj

I feel so sad and worry about a lot , who can be help me and give me some i got one arrest at 09/2019 due to have a argument and fight with my co-work. But No need any money for bail bond , not yet dismiss until 1/17/2020. But my attorney said will be dismiss just need take some time .

office in houston tx 
PD date is :1/7/2018

my vawa approved on 8/21/2019

10/31/0218 got courtesy letter 

if I get interview in few month later , but this case not yet dismiss, how can I to do ?

If in the interview how I tell to officer about my arrest ?they will be reject my green card or no ?

i am so worry about that .

help me please .i already waiting for my vawa interview long time 2 years .

i don’t want they reject my green card .

who have this type experience can you share to me how can I to do ?

1 hour ago, Heism said:

Congratulations

Can you share your timeline and when did you get I 360 approved?

Which field office are you?

Sure.

I360 approved  August 2019

Interview date   January 30th 2020

Local office in Philadelphia.

1 hour ago, Shroy123 said:

You should do medical because they will ask for it. I would say file your 2019 taxes and bring your w2s for interview.. 

Thank you so much.

17 hours ago, cindy122808 said:

So I am very confused with what has been said in this forum. Last year of December 2018 I was dismayed because I filed my i765 under c31 before reading the comments that it should have been c09 since my husband is a USC and with c31 I will get EAD only after the vawa is approved.  But with me is not the case. I still received the i765 and i131 approval on May 2019, 5 months after. 

I was very happy and thankful to God that it did happen. 

Just wanna share because I always read  from this forum to do the c09 to get EAD. Maybe our experts can shed some light.

Ohh finally someone posted what i need to hear. I have been going through the same phase..!! Thank you so much for your post.!!! Fingers crossed for EAD

Edited by Sk1992

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
19 hours ago, Apolo said:

Please be respectfully to Sandranj, she is dedicating her time free of charge and has helped so many of us, and is keep helping us with information and answering our questions, so please she will hopefully reply when. Also she has never say no to any of us when needed her advice or had an unanswered question. So please don't talk bad about her.

I didn’t talk bad about her ..go and read the message again ..tell me where I talked bad about her 

I checked the case number I was given it tells me me that case was returned to agency ..what could that mean 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, Claudia16049 said:

Hi guys,

Hi Sandranj 

@sandranj

I feel so sad and worry about a lot , who can be help me and give me some i got one arrest at 09/2019 due to have a argument and fight with my co-work. But No need any money for bail bond , not yet dismiss until 1/17/2020. But my attorney said will be dismiss just need take some time .

office in houston tx 
PD date is :1/7/2018

my vawa approved on 8/21/2019

10/31/0218 got courtesy letter 

if I get interview in few month later , but this case not yet dismiss, how can I to do ?

If in the interview how I tell to officer about my arrest ?they will be reject my green card or no ?

i am so worry about that .

help me please .i already waiting for my vawa interview long time 2 years .

i don’t want they reject my green card .

who have this type experience can you share to me how can I to do ?

Immigration won’t approve your case until you have  a certified court deposition showing the case was dismissed,or until you prove  the crime you were charged or sentenced   is not a felony or a crime of moral turpitude

Uscis won’t deny your green card  during the interview if you don’t have yet the documents I mentioned above,they will put your case on hold.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Blunt said:

I didn’t talk bad about her ..go and read the message again ..tell me where I talked bad about her 

I checked the case number I was given it tells me me that case was returned to agency ..what could that mean 

Folks chill out.I answer hundreds of questions every month here,through emails, and in other websites as well,but as I mentioned before I can’t answer all questions despite I tried though.But if the person see that I didn’t answer the question posted please just send me a private message here ok.

Timeline
6 hours ago, waqasah said:

Hello Group, 

I sent my I-485 on the first week of December, 2018. I have not received any notice or anything so far. What should I do ?

Uscis is adjudicating the cases filed in September 2018, that being sad you still have to wait a little bit more .

Timeline
8 hours ago, Sabrina42 said:

Can i file for fafsa after receiving c31 card? I received in December. I applied for fafsa with a college but didn’t go ahead to accept the grant out of fear. I want to go to a cosmetology school, would it be ok to apply again. Someone help please. Thanks

I mentioned several times here that VAWA petitioners don’t incur in public charge.There are several changes in the Law regarding  public charge, but the new Law  does not affect VAWA petitioners.

To file FAFSA you need a Social security number and the prima facie .

Timeline
16 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

after 2.9 years, we vawa approvals after getting GC can file for citizenship 

You are right Vawa petitioners can apply for naturalization after 2.9 months but JUST if the spouse is a U.S Citizen.A Green  card holder’s spouse has to wait 5 years or until the spouse becomes a U.S Citizen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.