3,047 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, A.DUBAI said:

Hello everyone, 

I came to the US 2015 on a K1 visa, applied for VAWA end of 2017 with significant help from sandranj , got approved Sept. 2019, currently waiting on my interview for AOS. I have 2 questions

1- if I got my green card based on VAWA after how many years can I apply for citizenship, 3 or 5?

2- if I wish to sponsor a spouse from abroad, can I do it right away after citizenship or there is a wait time? 

Thanks and best of luck for all

after 2.9 years, we vawa approvals after getting GC can file for citizenship 

5 hours ago, Roger12 said:

Hi all!

I applied my VAWA case on November of 2017, and in November of 2019 I got an RFE (Good moral character). They were asking me for letters from other people proofing my good moral character and my previous taxes. Today I got a notification saying "New Card Is Being Produced" - I'm confused. Does it means that I was approved? I did send the EAD Card forms and I-485 with my I-360.

I can't wait to have all of this process done - It's a nightmare.

CARD.jpg

Congratulations. your vawa has been approved :-) you will get c31 EAD

4 hours ago, greenbird said:

Omgggggggg Omgggggggggggg please someone verify this

I just got a text notification and checked my online account. It says “new card is being produced” under my I360. This means they approved my I360, right? My receipt date is 7/2/2018

F992FF44-EF8D-4ED4-9FE9-2DD553AA3E25.jpeg

congrats so many good news. yes you have been approved :-) 

4 hours ago, Roger12 said:

After the I-360 was approved, how long does it takes to process the I-485? Where can I find this processing time?

Other thing, do I have to be divorced by time I get the Green Card interview?

Thank you

usually another 8 to 12 months

Timeline
On 12/13/2019 at 12:02 PM, Shroy123 said:

Police clearance. You should able to do it online.. 

I got a concern for this. Maybe you know the answer.  I got my police clearence from washigton state based on my name birth date online. and from oregon I got it based on my fingerprint by mailing it. . Which is true? I have also police clearence from my home country too.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

UPDATE 

Finally got a call from an immigration officer . She tells me, my i-485 is covered by special confidentiality and I should contact Vermont . Why should I contact Vermont if this i-485 was not filed with my i-360 ? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
10 hours ago, Roger12 said:

Hi all!

I applied my VAWA case on November of 2017, and in November of 2019 I got an RFE (Good moral character). They were asking me for letters from other people proofing my good moral character and my previous taxes. Today I got a notification saying "New Card Is Being Produced" - I'm confused. Does it means that I was approved? I did send the EAD Card forms and I-485 with my I-360.

I can't wait to have all of this process done - It's a nightmare.

CARD.jpg

I applied in Dec. 2017 got an RFE by June 2019, got this same exact message as an update to my I-360 ( new card is being produced ) got approval letter by Sept 2019 I think it is your C31 work permit  CONGRATS

Edited by A.DUBAI

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I answered all questions in one breath! You can file right away is what I said.

Thank you. the reason I asked if I can sponsor a spouse right away after citizenship is because I know you have to wait 5 years to sponsor a spouse if you obtained your GC through marriage, and was wondering if this 5 years rule still applies after getting citizenship and you have to wait 2 more years to sponsor a spouse, please let me know if you have any knowledge about this specific detail, again thank you  

Edited by A.DUBAI

5 hours ago, Firat(Tur) said:

I got a concern for this. Maybe you know the answer.  I got my police clearence from washigton state based on my name birth date online. and from oregon I got it based on my fingerprint by mailing it. . Which is true? I have also police clearence from my home country too.

Both are valid.. you can submit both

5 hours ago, Deserteagle said:

UPDATE 

Finally got a call from an immigration officer . She tells me, my i-485 is covered by special confidentiality and I should contact Vermont . Why should I contact Vermont if this i-485 was not filed with my i-360 ? 

If vermont has not transfer your case to your local office, it will consider as confidential because its an adjustment based on your vawa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.