3,047 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ponak98 said:

Working on this now. My attorney's assistant was hesitant to replying. I am pushing her to reply asap now. He was just telling me that CIS sends not necessary RFEs if provide too much info.

Good you're pushing them..keep doing so. Most of them don't know what they're doing. They don't understand VAWA. I pushed my attorney too..we had lots of clashes..but today we're good and she respects my resolve and determination. It's your case..they have nothing to lose..stay on top of it!👍

Filed: Other Timeline
5 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Good you're pushing them..keep doing so. Most of them don't know what they're doing. They don't understand VAWA. I pushed my attorney too..we had lots of clashes..but today we're good and she respects my resolve and determination. It's your case..they have nothing to lose..stay on top of it!👍

@Stillwinning!!!😊Thank you! With my current state - do you feel I will get EAD renewed? If I count it right I submitted I-360 and I-485 in Nov 2018 so my decision should arrive around November 2020 based on current run rate of processing times. Seems I still have time. So yeah working on RFE now.

14 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊Thank you! With my current state - do you feel I will get EAD renewed? If I count it right I submitted I-360 and I-485 in Nov 2018 so my decision should arrive around November 2020 based on current run rate of processing times. Seems I still have time. So yeah working on RFE now.

The most important thing is that you've set things in motion now. Send in your application for renewal, it takes quite a while but yeah you will get it. For the i360 approval estimated time..it's okay to predict..but they reach a decision when they do. Patience is needed.👍

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You can still ask the officer to hold it and that you just filed for VAWA and waiting for the receipt notice. A copy of the petition might help to convince the officer. Most people have been able to do exactly so. I pray you get it before the interview date though..🙏

Thank you so much. Really appreciate that!!☺️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Good afternoon Vjers!

I hope you all had wonderful Holidays and I pray this year brings many approvals to all of us.

I finally got a response from my congressman office, my file is finally at my local office (West Palm Beach) however, they say they have no AR-11 on my file and to file a new one with my current address.. 

Has anybody had anything similar happen? Can I notarize my form AR-11?

Thanks in advance for your helpful information. 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline

@sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 and the rest of knowledgeable people on the forum ,I went to the DMV with my extension letter to renew my drivers license and on getting there the lady told me that my extension letter is not showing on the system ..but I told her that’s what they told me to bring to renew my drivers license and later On she said she has to make a case for me  u far SAVE and she gave me a case number to be tracking till it’s says case closed then I can come back and renew the drivers license ..my drivers license will expire on Monday ...I don’t know what to do ..sometimes this immigration procedure does not always make sense ..immigration issue receipt with extension letter yet DMV is saying is not on the system ..is that not awkward ?? I will be waiting to hear back from people who have gone through this before cause is just so nerve wrecking !!! Thanks 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
2 hours ago, nap_o said:

Good afternoon Vjers!

I hope you all had wonderful Holidays and I pray this year brings many approvals to all of us.

I finally got a response from my congressman office, my file is finally at my local office (West Palm Beach) however, they say they have no AR-11 on my file and to file a new one with my current address.. 

@sandranj hoping you read this. Is it possible to notarize my AR-11

Edited by nap_o

2 hours ago, Blunt said:

@sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 and the rest of knowledgeable people on the forum ,I went to the DMV with my extension letter to renew my drivers license and on getting there the lady told me that my extension letter is not showing on the system ..but I told her that’s what they told me to bring to renew my drivers license and later On she said she has to make a case for me  u far SAVE and she gave me a case number to be tracking till it’s says case closed then I can come back and renew the drivers license ..my drivers license will expire on Monday ...I don’t know what to do ..sometimes this immigration procedure does not always make sense ..immigration issue receipt with extension letter yet DMV is saying is not on the system ..is that not awkward ?? I will be waiting to hear back from people who have gone through this before cause is just so nerve wrecking !!! Thanks 

It's unfortunate you had to go through all that hassle. I have never experienced that but I have read a lot of similar incidents on this forum. If I recall correctly, you are located in NJ? People usually ask to speak to supervisors as they are more knowledgeable. I remember someone posted that they had to demand the attention of the supervisor who put a call through to confirm the applicants status..hopefully someone in your situation contributes to help you know the next line of action to take. You probably should visit another DMV office and ask to see a supervisor!💁

5 hours ago, nap_o said:

Good afternoon Vjers!

Well in my case it wasn't notarized! Simply fill out the form and attach a cover letter (that's what I did) good to know your file is moving forward!👍 Goodluck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Waiting for my interview. But I remember Sandra saying VAWA petitioners are exempted from such scrutiny. Rest easy.🙏

They even ask for divorce certificate from the abuser! I had it so I handed it to the officer, he kept my original copy so bring one with you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, balo101 said:

Thanks for the reply. 

How would this effect me if my spouse withdraw i-130. will my i-485 still be pending or it would deny?

Since it took a year for you, were you able to renew your EAD?

It doesn’t affect your case, it only reassure the abuse from your ex-spouse.

my case I never got EAD until I got my Vawa Approval. Some get EAD others don’t...

Best!

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

It's unfortunate you had to go through all that hassle. I have never experienced that but I have read a lot of similar incidents on this forum. If I recall correctly, you are located in NJ? People usually ask to speak to supervisors as they are more knowledgeable. I remember someone posted that they had to demand the attention of the supervisor who put a call through to confirm the applicants status..hopefully someone in your situation contributes to help you know the next line of action to take. You probably should visit another DMV office and ask to see a supervisor!💁

I’m going back there next week hopefully..I will tell them that I wanna speak to the supervisor maybe they probably call and confirm my status ..I don’t know why they said they can’t find it on the system ..my question is how come I get the extension letter ?i think they should always sanely sometimes ..cause this is so annoying ..I can’t wait to get my green card she become a citizen ..tired of all these immigration backlash 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Blunt said:

I’m going back there next week hopefully..I will tell them that I wanna speak to the supervisor maybe they probably call and confirm my status ..I don’t know why they said they can’t find it on the system ..my question is how come I get the extension letter ?i think they should always sanely sometimes ..cause this is so annoying ..I can’t wait to get my green card she become a citizen ..tired of all these immigration backlash 

The dmv lady is right . It’s the same thing in my state too . The DMV has to make a case for you and gives a case number and a DMV number you have to call after 5 days . All they have to do is confirm from USCIS if you’re in any kind of legal status before they issue you a temporary license or state ID. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Blunt said:

And you getting an extension letter from USCIS is not their problem. My last license renewal here was the same. My friend who works at the drivers license office tried to pull my information it showed nothing, she just did the SAVE case check verification, gave me a number to call within 5 days . She actually called me herself that I can come anytime that the USCIS case check cleared . So, everything’s fine my dear . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.