dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview January 2020

425 posts in this topic

Timeline
23 hours ago, kingnosa said:

I  also received my IL today. CC: October 7, IL January 13 ,2020. Lagos Consulate 😃

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and I wish all those yet to get IL speedy release of your IL.

Compliments of the season once more. 

Congrats bro...

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi folks,

I am a F1 (son of US Citizen) applicant, after a couple of submission to CEAC/NVC- I got DQ Dec 16th, I am waiting for the IL to arrive, hopefully soon!

Thanks

Edited by tonyzg97

so I been on DQ since November 6 I found out today and  haven't got anything  from  el salvador embassy    dose any anyone  know anything  from el salvador embassy 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Random question: we are DQ and expecting my interview to be around March at the Montreal consulate. We have a joint sponsor that makes well over minimum requirements, but my husband was wanting to resign from him job to stay with me in Canada until my interview. What precautions are there when doing so, and what would I need to submit to the NVC?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

my interview is thursday 2 and i still dont get the results of my medical examination i ve attended 17 days ago . this afternoon, i ve been to the medical center to know more about it , impossible to reach this pieceofshit of bogus physician . the center is closed on week ends , wednesday is a holiday and this guy only come back on friday 3 . 
i guess that monday im gonna have to enter in berserk mode and snatch someone's head off in order to have this enveloppe .

its exhausting to constantly have to deal with idiots and incompetent peoples .

On 12/22/2019 at 9:03 PM, Katv said:

Hi jerson I got the interview letter on Dec 17 for a January 27, 2020 interview and I was DQ on Nov 8.  DQ is documentary qualified it means that the nvc accepted all of your documents. 

I didn't get anything  this week man I wonder what is going on!! 

Hi everyone! I'm new to the NVC process. We just submitted all of our documents on 12/21/2019 and paid all of our fees. Is 12/21/2019 our case complete date or are we waiting for an email from NVC saying they have all of our documents and our case is complete? And the day we get that email is the day our application is actually complete?

Also was looking at the case complete spreadsheet and it looks like Canada is taking 5+ months on average to get an interview. Does anyone know what is happening in Canada? 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, ichisan said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to the NVC process. We just submitted all of our documents on 12/21/2019 and paid all of our fees. Is 12/21/2019 our case complete date or are we waiting for an email from NVC saying they have all of our documents and our case is complete? And the day we get that email is the day our application is actually complete?

Also was looking at the case complete spreadsheet and it looks like Canada is taking 5+ months on average to get an interview. Does anyone know what is happening in Canada? 

12/21/2019 Will be your submission date. They will review your case, if all documents are accepted they will send you email stating your case is Documentarily Qualified means Case Complete. Hope that you won’t get your document/s rejected otherwise your case review date will be pushed back from the date of resubmission. Expect months to get your case reviewed. With our case it took them 8weeks before DQd (Some got DQd/CC earlier some, longer) and luckily all of our documents are accepted the first time. 

Check CEAC on what dates they are currently working on. They update it every Mondays. And the dates are pretty much accurate for us. 
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Interview dates depends on how backlogged your embassy is. I’ve seen others waited 3+ months and even longer just to get their interview schedule. 
Best luck 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, ichisan said:

There's a Canada specific spreadsheet that you might be interested in: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=1638721492

There's also a group of Canadians waiting for interviews. If you want to be added, I believe @Hawk Riders is the one to reach out to! 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

10 hours ago, ichisan said:

If you did everything right, and all the documents are in order, then it will be 6 weeks until you're DQ. If there's an error or they require additional documentation, NVC will email you and tell you to log back in and check the messages for what's wrong/missing.

Once you upload those corrections or additional documents, you go back into the queue and wait another 6 weeks. They are running 6 to 7 weeks right now on all submissions. Unfortunately, you go to the back of the line if you have to resubmit. That process can be annoying. 

When it's all done and you're DQ, then you'll wait for the interview letter, which will give you the interview date. 

Since it seems like Canada is running behind on the IL, you're likely 6.5 months from the IL and roughly 7.5-8 months from the actual interview itself. 

But you might get lucky and get your IL faster! You never know. Either way time goes fast so you'll be done before you know it. 

Good luck to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.