Sarge2155

December 2019 I-129F (K1) Filers

1,802 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 5/15/2020 at 3:28 PM, Ali&Ed said:

Hang in there. I’m starting to feel the same way too. There are good days where I think less of it, but some days my hopes are so high and when I don’t see any approval, it makes me sad. I think what helps me, is thinking that I’m not alone. Also this forum helps me too. 
It will come soon the approval. Let’s keep praying 🙏🏼 

On 5/15/2020 at 3:10 PM, Dee Lowrey said:

I'm at 161 today :( wish I could say I have a positive attitude, but it just makes me sad.

Guys, keep a positive attitude, let the chips fall, when they do, where they may. If you paid the fee, you're not a criminal, or a terrorist, you'll get approved, it's just a matter of time. The best thing that I did, was trying not to compare my case to others. Be patient and positive, your time will come, I promise. Looking back, I'm not sure why I was stressed about it. . 

BTW, for my case it was 161 days from NOA1 to NOA2. The process is what it is, and we can't control it, so why worry about it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

@Tacosthank you for the encouragement. It really helps. I’m really thankful for this forum and for the support of all the people in here. It’s a beautiful journey and although it puts my patience to test, I’m excited about each step and eager to learn more. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 hours ago, Jmgold87 said:

Did u have to send the police report also?

I asked for the following

CERTIFICATE OF DISPOSITION     $7.00

JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE $3.00 CERTIFIED COPY

CRA (ARREST REPORT) $4.00 CERTIFIED COPY

ORDER OF TERMINATION OF PROBATION $3.00 CERTIFIED COPY

2 hours ago, Ali&Ed said:

@Tacosthank you for the encouragement. It really helps. I’m really thankful for this forum and for the support of all the people in here. It’s a beautiful journey and although it puts my patience to test, I’m excited about each step and eager to learn more. 

Very good attitude!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
23 minutes ago, jay11421 said:

hi do we have any page where we can see the latest records of people getting response for K-1 NOA2. either  approved or ref and when?

other than going through all the post of month's I-129F (K1) Filers topic?

@jay11421 I'm not sure if this is you're looking for? 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op3=1

or this

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Edited by Ama🖤Kwaku

20 hours ago, Tacos said:

Guys, keep a positive attitude, let the chips fall, when they do, where they may. If you paid the fee, you're not a criminal, or a terrorist, you'll get approved, it's just a matter of time. The best thing that I did, was trying not to compare my case to others. Be patient and positive, your time will come, I promise. Looking back, I'm not sure why I was stressed about it. 

BTW, for my case it was 161 days from NOA1 to NOA2. The process is what it is, and we can't control it, so why worry about it?

Thanks for the encouragement.  It does help to have someone listening.  For a long time I had a great attitude.  Now I see approvals from January and February submissions and it makes me angry...people getting approved in half the time I've been waiting!   Why can't they just go in order received and have some semblance of a process?  I'm not stressed I know it will happen.  I'm just upset that the process seems broken.  I'm lucky that have been able to work through the COVID shutdown.  I manage a helpdesk, cases in/cases out.  You work differently, harder and smarter, but the process is the same..first in/first out.  I was just hoping for the same treatment I give to others.  

24 minutes ago, Dee Lowrey said:

Thanks for the encouragement.  It does help to have someone listening.  For a long time I had a great attitude.  Now I see approvals from January and February submissions and it makes me angry...people getting approved in half the time I've been waiting!   Why can't they just go in order received and have some semblance of a process?  I'm not stressed I know it will happen.  I'm just upset that the process seems broken.  I'm lucky that have been able to work through the COVID shutdown.  I manage a helpdesk, cases in/cases out.  You work differently, harder and smarter, but the process is the same..first in/first out.  I was just hoping for the same treatment I give to others.  

I see and hear your frustration and I can explain why the first in first out process does not work using you as example. Let's say for argument sake you have a "sheepish" background. You have submitted your application just like everyone else. During your background check they find something that requires additional vetting. This extra vetting will take time because of your "past".  Now all those who have applied with their application must wait till you are vetted which may take 6-9 months. But their application is "clean" of any background information which would need additional vetting. So, because of your past you are holding up thousands of applicants because of your desire to be first in first out. Or you can reverse this, your record is clean but someone in front of you has a record that needs additional vetting and therefor under first in (their record) and first out you have to wait even if you have a "clean" record.

Well, I hope my make-believe example opens your eyes to why the first in first out does not work.

This is not a forum that I started so my explanation goes deeper and if you want to explore "why it's taking so long" just look in another monthly thread that I started and on the first post you will see a link to a PDF that explains just that. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I see and hear your frustration and I can explain why the first in first out process does not work using you as example. Let's say for argument sake you have a "sheepish" background. You have submitted your application just like everyone else. During your background check they find something that requires additional vetting. This extra vetting will take time because of your "past".  Now all those who have applied with their application must wait till you are vetted which may take 6-9 months. But their application is "clean" of any background information which would need additional vetting. So, because of your past you are holding up thousands of applicants because of your desire to be first in first out. Or you can reverse this, your record is clean but someone in front of you has a record that needs additional vetting and therefor under first in (their record) and first out you have to wait even if you have a "clean" record.

Well, I hope my make-believe example opens your eyes to why the first in first out does not work.

This is not a forum that I started so my explanation goes deeper and if you want to explore "why it's taking so long" just look in another monthly thread that I started and on the first post you will see a link to a PDF that explains just that. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Thank you so much!  That does help and I will look at the other thread.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

It's not always about having a "sheepish" background. I have seen people people with felonies, previous marriages, and other things be approved before those who have a clean slate. 

8 hours ago, jay11421 said:

hi do we have any page where we can see the latest records of people getting response for K-1 NOA2. either  approved or ref and when?

other than going through all the post of month's I-129F (K1) Filers topic?

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php

Igors list

39 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

It's not always about having a "sheepish" background. I have seen people people with felonies, previous marriages, and other things be approved before those who have a clean slate. 

That's  right no one can give you a definitive  answer why it takes so long for some people to be approved. I'm  living example of that. There are numerous  reasons why this happens and unfortunately we will never really know. People have been approved with less than stellar backgrounds very quickly while others with stellar backgrounds wait longer much longer. So no matter what thread you read you'll only get opinions  and educated guesses why this happens. No one can tell you with any certainty why it takes so long and that's a sad truth!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php

Igors list

I'm in the same boat as you as far as timelines go. I also see January and February's filers getting approved and I am very happy for them. I am staying positive that I know that my day will come soon. I wake up every morning knowing I am one day closer to having my future wife here with me, and knowing a year from now all this will be worth it, once we are together. I refuse to let this stress me out because I know it will do no good at all with the speed of the process. I also never check my update with USCIS, I will wait to be pleasantly surprised when my NOA2 arrives in the mailbox. Until then, I will leave all this in Gods hands and let him lead the way for me......

24 minutes ago, RUJEN said:

I'm in the same boat as you as far as timelines go. I also see January and February's filers getting approved and I am very happy for them. I am staying positive that I know that my day will come soon. I wake up every morning knowing I am one day closer to having my future wife here with me, and knowing a year from now all this will be worth it, once we are together. I refuse to let this stress me out because I know it will do no good at all with the speed of the process. I also never check my update with USCIS, I will wait to be pleasantly surprised when my NOA2 arrives in the mailbox. Until then, I will leave all this in Gods hands and let him lead the way for me......

Can I share something with you and the group that goes along with what you just opined?

What I would say to all of you is this, it’s not a troublesome process. It's so simple, but you want to make it so difficult for yourselves.

You apply (I-129f) and wait for their answer. They will contact you via a NOA1 for the initial filing and then when the application is approved, which will be your NOA2. BTW, it's rare that someone is denied so that is something you can take off your plate.

Next, it takes 30 days from USCIS to NVC and 1-2 weeks for the case number to be assigned by NVC. Call NVC during that second week to get your case number.

Use the shipping dates that are from the PDF. Find yours, and then you know when it will go to the embassy.

Then you have the DHL hack to use, and that will indicate when your file will arrive in your country.

Then you have CEAC which will tell you when the embassy has set your record to “ready.” (ready for the interview)

Next, you can get the P3 for your embassy early and begin paying your fees, scheduling your appointments.

Now you know when your scheduled appointment is for the interview. When the interview is over asked if you have passed. Most do. No one knows with any certainty when your visa will be ready. Again, you wait for the notification by checking CEAC for an "issue" condition.

When you receive your notification from the embassy that your visa is issued, retrieve your visa and finish your business in your country, get on a plane, and look for someone at the airport that has a great big smile and, that should be the sign that you made it.

So, why is it you are all so worried? Go about your business and let the process work. There's NOTHING you can do to speed it up, so stop trying to intervene and try and move it faster. It's not going to happen.

Now before you'll get on here and reply and tell me that you miss your "lover," I get that. But that doesn't matter to USCIS, NVC, or the embassy. So, don't go there.

Please don't quote the long post as it just makes a mess of the thread. Use @Greenbaum if you want to reply, add a comment, disagree, or even agree with me. 

Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.