daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Marimar04 said:

I had my oath ceremony yesterday but today I got this message about getting a date for it. Is this a common mistake ?should I disregard it?

Thanks

Screenshot_20210210-065539~2.png

Did you do your oath same day or next day  after interview ? Their system seems programmed to send out the letter even if you already attended it. My husband attended his same afternoon and got the scheduling  notice in the mail about a week later! He said it was the same as the one they handed him at the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
5 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Did you do your oath same day or next day  after interview ? Their system seems programmed to send out the letter even if you already attended it. My husband attended his same afternoon and got the scheduling  notice in the mail about a week later! He said it was the same as the one they handed him at the interview.

Yes. I got my oath 2 hours after the interview. Thanks

Edited by Marimar04

12/14/19 applied online N400

01/09/20 Biometrics appointment

hey guys! this is my first time posting, after lurking forever. i wanted to share my timeline because reading other people's has been super assuring. i got my interview scheduled yesterday (date tbd). i filed in december 2019 in manhattan, then moved to brooklyn in february 2020. good luck to everyone else who is waiting :)

hey guys! this is my first time posting, after lurking forever. i wanted to share my timeline because reading other people's has been super assuring. i got my interview scheduled yesterday (date tbd). i filed in december 2019 in manhattan, then moved to brooklyn in february 2020. good luck to everyone else who is waiting :)

Hi.. Did you get Bio-metrics notice or did they re-use your old ones?

Finally got my interview date 25th March.
it was scheduled 2/10/2021

Filed 12/18/19

biometrics were 2/7/2020. 
Brooklyn, NY. 
hope this helps someone waiting.

USCIS

10.02.2014 - Sent I-130

28.02.2014 - Received NAO 1

09.07.2014 - Transferred to CSC from NSC

28.07.2014 - RFE - Passport pictures

05.08.2014 - RFE - Sent recorded

15.08.2014 - NAO 2 Approved

NVC

27.08.2014 - Case received

08.09.2014 - Case number/IIN assigned - Rcvd via Mail

17.09.2014 - Submitted DS-261 & PAID AOS bill

19.09.2014 - AOS appeared as PAID

02.10.2014 - IV Bill available & PAID

03.10.2014 - AOS & IV Packages sent as 'ONE'

03.10.2014 - DS-260 Available

04.10.2014 - DS-260 Completed

06.10.2014 - AOS/IV package received by NVC - SCAN DATE

08.10.2014 - 60 day email received

01.12.2014 - Case Complete

18.12.2014 - Medical done

14.01.2015 - Interview APPROVED!!!

21.01.2015- Passport returned with visa

19.01.2015- POE - JFK (smooth entry)

09.03.2015- Applied for SSN card via local office

26.03.2015 -PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD (GREEN CARD) DELIVERED

09.04.2015 -SSN card didn't arrive so went back to local office & was given the number

15.04.2015 -SSN card in the mail

N-400 - Citizenship

Service Center:   Online

CIS Office - New York City/NY

12.18.2020 - Date Filed

12.18.2020 - NOA Date

07.02.2020 - Biometric Apt

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Also Brooklyn filer, filed 12/28/2019. Interview scheduled for 4/1 (hope it's not a joke)

AOS

04/29/2016 - priority date

05/31/2016 - biometrics appointment

08/04/2016 - EAD in hand

02/08/2017 - Interview - Case held for review - Later same day status update "Card is being produced"

02/16/2017 - GC in hand!

ROC

11/15/2018 - packet signed for

12/17/2018 - biometrics appt

02/01/2019 - I551 stamp (no NOA1 received)

12/17/2019 - approved

N400

12/27/2019 - filed online

1/22/2020 - biometrics

4/1/2021 - interview

4/30/2021 - oath

Timeline

reading questions and got confused

For example, they aske me that question:

What does the judicial branch do?

▪ reviews laws

▪ explains laws

▪ resolves disputes (disagreements)

▪ decides if a law goes against the Constitution

DO they expect me to answer all 4 duties, or just one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
4 minutes ago, SadFace said:

▪ reviews laws

▪ explains laws

Just one.

12/14/19 applied online N400

01/09/20 Biometrics appointment

23 minutes ago, SadFace said:

▪ reviews laws

▪ explains laws

The questions where you will be expected to answer more than one are phrased that way in the study guide, example “What are two Cabinet-level positions?”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have some positive news. I had my N400 interview on the 25th Feb and was approved for my citizenship. My oath ceremony is on 11th March in NYC. My interview process was simple. I turned up, was sent to a room where a lady conducted my interview. I was asked to swear in, and then proceeded with 6 questions, followed by reading a sentence and writing a response on an iPad. 

I was not asked for any further documents, I was told I was approved and recommended for citizenship. 

the entire process took under 25 minutes. I was told my GC would be mailed - I had a pending I751, and that I would need to bring my expired and new GC to the oath ceremony, along with a one page form they require you to fill on the day of your oath ceremony.

I am relieved and happy my immigration is almost over, and I look forward to helping others out who are going through the same process.

For anyone who has the ceremony on the 11th March in NYC id be glad to socially distant meet since we aren't allow family members to join.

On 3/2/2021 at 8:03 PM, cookiemonsta said:

I have some positive news. I had my N400 interview on the 25th Feb and was approved for my citizenship. My oath ceremony is on 11th March in NYC. My interview process was simple. I turned up, was sent to a room where a lady conducted my interview. I was asked to swear in, and then proceeded with 6 questions, followed by reading a sentence and writing a response on an iPad. 

I was not asked for any further documents, I was told I was approved and recommended for citizenship. 

the entire process took under 25 minutes. I was told my GC would be mailed - I had a pending I751, and that I would need to bring my expired and new GC to the oath ceremony, along with a one page form they require you to fill on the day of your oath ceremony.

I am relieved and happy my immigration is almost over, and I look forward to helping others out who are going through the same process.

For anyone who has the ceremony on the 11th March in NYC id be glad to socially distant meet since we aren't allow family members to join.

early congratulations! it's super assuring to see such a short time frame between the interview and the oath.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Count me in as one of the ones with no updates for a while.  COVID really altered my timeline since my Indianapolis, IN interview got de-scheduled 32 hours prior to when it was supposed to happen in March 2020, finally had it on 1/13/2021 - haven't had a single update on the website still and it was 'recommended for approval'.  I guess time will tell but it's rather frustrating to see, hear, and read about folks getting their updates/approvals/oaths scheduled.  Kind of ridiculous to not get the final approval and oath notice two months after passing.

ROC Packet delivered 2/24/2017 - GC Expiration 5/20/2017.

NOA - 2/27

Bio - Walk-in 3/10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.