kiwi2426

I-130 Online Filers

1,065 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, cndrbk said:

Hi all,

I'm sorry for asking basic questions but when you file I-130 online, do we need to submit I-130A? And when do I submit I-864?

After filing I-130, will I know what the next steps are?

Also, will I be able to save and complete later?

Thank you!

You submit the I-130a as an attachment with the online I-130. If the beneficiary is not currently in the US, it doesn't need to be signed.

You can save and come back later with the online I-130.

The I-864 comes later, after USCIS approves the petition and sends the case to the National Visa Center.

Read this guide for an overview of next steps:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 hours ago, cndrbk said:

Hi all,

I'm sorry for asking basic questions but when you file I-130 online, do we need to submit I-130A? And when do I submit I-864?

After filing I-130, will I know what the next steps are?

Also, will I be able to save and complete later?

Thank you!

Check out the guide for a general overview

All forms you would file with paper you would file online.

Yes you can stop and continue later, it doesn't all need to be at once.

Hello, I have few questions regarding filling  the I-130 online. 

1. Can someone apply online  while being abroad?

2. If yes, can the person  use the credit card of the foreign country for the payment? 

3. How would be signature taken in the online form? 

4. One last question, is there any other form that needs to be filled beside the online I-130 form for spousal visa

Thanks a lot in advance.  

Timeline
5 hours ago, Nisha0414 said:

Hello, I have few questions regarding filling  the I-130 online. 

1. Can someone apply online  while being abroad?

2. If yes, can the person  use the credit card of the foreign country for the payment? 

3. How would be signature taken in the online form? 

4. One last question, is there any other form that needs to be filled beside the online I-130 form for spousal visa

Thanks a lot in advance.  

1. You can apply online from anywhere, imagine that someone could be with their spouse, this is very normal.

2. Nope, https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/pay-with-a-credit-card

3. It's a digital signature

4. Read the guide, as well as the I-130 instructions

1 hour ago, Babu Frik said:

1. You can apply online from anywhere, imagine that someone could be with their spouse, this is very normal.

2. Nope, https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/pay-with-a-credit-card

3. It's a digital signature

4. Read the guide, as well as the I-130 instructions

Thank you so much.. Really appriciate it!! 

On 3/16/2021 at 10:17 AM, Babu Frik said:

Check out the guide for a general overview

All forms you would file with paper you would file online.

Yes you can stop and continue later, it doesn't all need to be at once.

Thank you so much. This is very helpful.

Lawyers make is sound like we need them.. but it looks pretty straightforward. :D

On 3/16/2021 at 12:27 AM, JKLSemicolon said:

You submit the I-130a as an attachment with the online I-130. If the beneficiary is not currently in the US, it doesn't need to be signed.

You can save and come back later with the online I-130.

The I-864 comes later, after USCIS approves the petition and sends the case to the National Visa Center.

Read this guide for an overview of next steps:

Thank you so much! I appreciate your kindness for taking time to respond. :D

Timeline
9 minutes ago, cndrbk said:

Thank you so much. This is very helpful.

Lawyers make is sound like we need them.. but it looks pretty straightforward. :D

You can definitely do it on your own if your know your way around a computer to get the info.

I know some people have some more complicated cases, or it's just more convenient for them to use a lawyer, I won't bash them as others do, but this website was a life save in getting through the process.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Nisha0414 said:

Need some clarification, for applying online.

1. Do I need to submit  translated marriage certificate and does it have a seperate section to attach the file?

2. Do I need to upload passport size photographs of beneficiary and also my photograph with signature?   

1. Yes

2. Read the instructions regarding this, it varies. As far as the signature, I think others haven't done this if you read through recent posts.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hello, 

Did anyone's visa service change when getting the NOA1 in the mail? 

When we received the message and check the IOE number on the USCIS website, it states the Nebraska Service Center, but when receiving the NOA1 in the mail, it said Texas Service Center at the bottom. 

Would love some clarity on this, to understand how long the process will be since it varies. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, pupura said:

Hello, 

When we received the message and check the IOE number on the USCIS website, it states the Nebraska Service Center, but when receiving the NOA1 in the mail, it said Texas Service Center at the bottom. 

Would love some clarity on this, to understand how long the process will be since it varies. 

Thanks!

Mine did not change, but many change.  That is why they have the field in the timeline for changes.

You can use the timeline search functions to find other timelines similar to yours.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

10 hours ago, pupura said:

Mine did exactly that.  It says Nebraska in the online status.  The NOA1 receipt  notice that came in the mail has a Texas return address, although according to the postmark it was actually mailed from Vermont (with the Texas return address).  They all have exactly the same date so there is no clarity of what if anything changed to what.  I just put Texas in my timeline because that is what was on the NOA1 paper, but I am of the opinion that it is not really useful information because It seems it may or may not have any relation at all where the i-130's are eventually adjudicated.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
On 3/22/2021 at 12:27 PM, top_secret said:

Mine did exactly that.  It says Nebraska in the online status.  The NOA1 receipt  notice that came in the mail has a Texas return address, although according to the postmark it was actually mailed from Vermont (with the Texas return address).  They all have exactly the same date so there is no clarity of what if anything changed to what.  I just put Texas in my timeline because that is what was on the NOA1 paper, but I am of the opinion that it is not really useful information because It seems it may or may not have any relation at all where the i-130's are eventually adjudicated.

there should be a field to report if your case was transferred  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Submitted date: 2/27/2021 

Status changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS" on 03/16/2021. 

Is this a good status change speed? We were pretty thorough with documentation, pictures, proof and information. Included my past addresses down to the last day for each one.

As of now, there hasn't been any change of servicing center messages.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.