jaguar89

BONIFIDE MARRIAGE- EVIDENCES - B1/B2

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
58 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Yes.

What do you call it when somebody uses a falsified passport to enter? If not caught, still a green card holder (and even if caught, they just need a waiver as it qualifies as inspected still). Point is any fraud that is not caught happens but it is not a loophole to do so. It's just with preconceived intent, they are very limited in their ability to act upon it. People abuse it, surely. But the ability to AOS from a tourist visa is not a loophole.

Read Matter of Cavazos.  Preconceived intent is not a reason to deny AOS for an IR of a USC unless a person lies.

A falsified passport is a giant lie.  They aren't getting busted for preconceived intent.  They are getting busted for lying and using a falsified passport.  

22 hours ago, jaguar89 said:

1. Is it okay to make a Timeline story on how we met? These includes our old chats, pictures, captions every month (since the time we met). Isn't that too much information to provide? It's like 1 1/2 year of Timeline story.

22 hours ago, payxibka said:

1)  doesn't prove bonafide marriage 

21 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

You really gonna make a timeline leading up to you entering on a tourist visa with intention to marry and stay in the US?

Why is everyone so negative about providing a timeline? The negativity seems to be driven more by disapproval that OP is "jumping the queue" than by reasoned, dispassionate analysis.

@jaguar89I think the timeline is a great idea and could bolster your AOS application, but you have to do it carefully. A good timeline should suggest to an understandably skeptical USCIS officer that: 1) your relationship is legit, not just done to immigrate to the US, and 2) your original intent on entry into the US was to visit, not to get married and adjust status. But instead of providing unnecessary monthly supporting evidence,  I suggest you focus on five main milestones, and where possible provide evidence (pics, chats, emails, travel bookings, etc.) showing:

• When/how you first met;
  • When/how you became romantically involved;
  • When/how you entered the US on a visit visa;
  • When/how you decided to get married; and
  • The plans/actions you've taken since marriage to integrate your lives as a couple.

Literally, in your cover letter to USCIS, use those five headings, describe the circumstances, and refer to the supporting evidence. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, afrocraft said:

Why is everyone so negative about providing a timeline? The negativity seems to be driven more by disapproval that OP is "jumping the queue" than by reasoned, dispassionate analysis.

@jaguar89I think the timeline is a great idea and could bolster your AOS application, but you have to do it carefully. A good timeline should suggest to an understandably skeptical USCIS officer that: 1) your relationship is legit, not just done to immigrate to the US, and 2) your original intent on entry into the US was to visit, not to get married and adjust status. But instead of providing unnecessary monthly supporting evidence,  I suggest you focus on five main milestones, and where possible provide evidence (pics, chats, emails, travel bookings, etc.) showing:

• When/how you first met;
  • When/how you became romantically involved;
  • When/how you entered the US on a visit visa;
  • When/how you decided to get married; and
  • The plans/actions you've taken since marriage to integrate your lives as a couple.

Literally, in your cover letter to USCIS, use those five headings, describe the circumstances, and refer to the supporting evidence. Good luck!

@afrocraft thank you for your advice and suggestions, it gives me motivation and for sure the other silent readers. I hope there’s more people in this forum who would give positive thoughts like the way you do. I started doing it, like what you have mentioned above, it’s just that I am too in detailed and I even made a book for us. LOL. I wanted to keep a copy of my book, on how we met, since we are both proud of our story. God bless you 💕

16 hours ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

A lot of people get approved adjusting status from B visas, as long as their intention wasn't to stay. Remember that intention is determined at POE. OP has enough ties to their home country to have a B Visa. I have read numerous times on this forum where people ended up getting married in the US, selling their houses, leaving their jobs back home, having entered the US with genuine intention to leave. The POE officer already determined that OP wasn't going to stay, as long as they were honest and everything adds up they will be fine.

Me personally, I couldn't leave my job etc so I went the K1 route, but I can see how someone else's circumstances may change. Someone else might feel the need to stay, hence the AOS option is available.

I always assume the ones who marry on a B-2 and adjust are young and somehow have a lifestyle that lends to such an abrupt change of plans as staying beyond the original vacation.  

My husband was here when we received our K-1 NOA2, but no way could he have stayed during that visit, or during any of the earlier ones.  He had family, work, a home etc to deal with before making such a huge move.

And I agree that for many people, 'eloping' while on vacation seems suspicious. 

How do we know that this was all spontaneous and not planned at all?

We all know that people don't like the fact that they technically have to apply for a CR1 visa and leave the country.

Sorry, I don't support people who get married on a tourist visa, adjust status and stay. 

Do it the legal way!

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

2 hours ago, Becci391 said:

How do we know that this was all spontaneous and not planned at all?

We all know that people don't like the fact that they technically have to apply for a CR1 visa and leave the country.

Sorry, I don't support people who get married on a tourist visa, adjust status and stay. 

Do it the legal way!

Last I checked, AOS is, in fact and by law, a legal path. Like CR1/K1/asylum. They're not just overstaying a visit visa: they apply for an immigration benefit and are subjected to vigorous scrutiny to assess if they qualify. If you have a problem with AOS, take up your fight with Congress. Stop bringing your personal judgments into your commentary.

9 minutes ago, afrocraft said:

Last I checked, AOS is, in fact and by law, a legal path. Like CR1/K1/asylum. They're not just overstaying a visit visa: they apply for an immigration benefit and are subjected to vigorous scrutiny to assess if they qualify. If you have a problem with AOS, take up your fight with Congress. Stop bringing your personal judgments into your commentary.

I don't think you can tell me what to say and what not.

I'm allowed to say my personal opinion on here.

If you don't like it scroll down.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

11 hours ago, jaguar89 said:

@afrocraft thank you for your advice and suggestions, it gives me motivation and for sure the other silent readers. I hope there’s more people in this forum who would give positive thoughts like the way you do. I started doing it, like what you have mentioned above, it’s just that I am too in detailed and I even made a book for us. LOL. I wanted to keep a copy of my book, on how we met, since we are both proud of our story. God bless you 💕

Sometimes I give negative opinions too lol. But this one -- about the timeline -- is an easy one to endorse.

You can take your "book" to your AOS interview, but you can't submit it with your application. Because your AOS application will be scrutinized closely, you'd want to "front-load" much of your evidence (i.e., put your best foot forward -- send as much favorable evidence with your initial application as you can). That's where the five-milestone framework I proposed earlier for gathering and presenting your evidence could help.

A warning, though: Be careful what you send. Anything you send can and will be used against you by USCIS. Any chat, email, receipt for an engagement ring, etc., that hints at prior intent to get married, or that introduces ambiguity about your timeline, will be a problem. So go through everything you send carefully. I often find many applicants try to tug at the heartstrings of USCIS officers using the sheer volume of their evidence -- if only they knew how much we are in love! -- and carelessly introduce negative evidence. Bad idea. Think like a lawyer.

11 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

I'm allowed to say my personal opinion on here.

2 hours ago, Becci391 said:

Do it the legal way!

Of course you can opine all you want, think that the sky is brown and the earth is blue, and consider DJT to be the Chosen One. Free country...

But you were factually wrong: AOS is the "legal way." And you were wrong because of your bias. So yes, I'll call you out on it. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, afrocraft said:

Sometimes I give negative opinions too lol. But this one -- about the timeline -- is an easy one to endorse.

You can take your "book" to your AOS interview, but you can't submit it with your application. Because your AOS application will be scrutinized closely, you'd want to "front-load" much of your evidence (i.e., put your best foot forward -- send as much favorable evidence with your initial application as you can). That's where the five-milestone framework I proposed earlier for gathering and presenting your evidence could help.

A warning, though: Be careful what you send. Anything you send can and will be used against you by USCIS. Any chat, email, receipt for an engagement ring, etc., that hints at prior intent to get married, or that introduces ambiguity about your timeline, will be a problem. So go through everything you send carefully. I often find many applicants try to tug at the heartstrings of USCIS officers using the sheer volume of their evidence -- if only they knew how much we are in love! -- and carelessly introduce negative evidence. Bad idea. Think like a lawyer.

@afrocraft oh I am very enlightened. But it makes sense to me now. And you’re indeed right! We are focusing more on primary evidences now. My husband told me to bring the book I made during interview instead. He’s been telling me we don’t need it, but I was too stubborn. Maybe becoz I gave too much effort on finishing it. Hahahaha. Thank you very much @afrocraft. God bless 💕 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, jaguar89 said:

@afrocraft oh I am very enlightened. But it makes sense to me now. And you’re indeed right! We are focusing more on primary evidences now. My husband told me to bring the book I made during interview instead. He’s been telling me we don’t need it, but I was too stubborn. Maybe becoz I gave too much effort on finishing it. Hahahaha. Thank you very much @afrocraft. God bless 💕 

Good luck!  Let us know how things go.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Good luck!  Let us know how things go.

Thank you Sir/Ma’am. I surely will ☺️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.