jaguar89

BONIFIDE MARRIAGE- EVIDENCES - B1/B2

72 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to y'all,

I just got married few days ago. I am currently on B1/B2 Visa. I am working currently on my evidences for Bonifide Marriage, while waiting for our marriage certificate to be released. I need help with the following queries I have. 

1. Is it okay to make a Timeline story on how we met? These includes our old chats, pictures, captions every month (since the time we met). Isn't that too much information to provide? It's like 1 1/2 year of Timeline story.

2. I mentioned couple of personal decisions I made on the Timeline story, is it safe to mention it personal stuff?

3. When is the best time to file the I-130 & I-485 post marriage?

4. How will I know if I am safe to stay inside the US, after I have submitted all the requirements for AOS? Does the USCIS be sending a notification to me? How long would it take for me to receive a notification?

I have so many queries, I hope you guys can help me, because we will be doing it by ourselves only. 

Thank you in advance and GOD BLESS. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, imabadass1989 said:

Hello to y'all,

I just got married few days ago. I am currently on B1/B2 Visa. I am working currently on my evidences for Bonifide Marriage, while waiting for our marriage certificate to be released. I need help with the following queries I have. 

1. Is it okay to make a Timeline story on how we met? These includes our old chats, pictures, captions every month (since the time we met). Isn't that too much information to provide? It's like 1 1/2 year of Timeline story.

2. I mentioned couple of personal decisions I made on the Timeline story, is it safe to mention it personal stuff?

4. How will I know if I am safe to stay inside the US, after I have submitted all the requirements for AOS? Does the USCIS be sending a notification to me? How long would it take for me to receive a notification?

I have so many queries, I hope you guys can help me, because we will be doing it by ourselves only. 

1)  doesn't prove bonafide marriage 

3) as soon as you have them ready 

4) you will receive an I797 for the i485, that is the important document .  Should receive 2 to 4 weeks after submission 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

1)  doesn't prove bonafide marriage 

3) as soon as you have them ready 

4) you will receive an I797 for the i485, that is the important document 

Hi Sir/Ma'am,

Thank you for your warmth response to my queries. I am just a little confuse on your answer for number 1. Does it mean I don't need to send those Timeline story? Because I spent too much time creating a story book on how we met, just to prove that we  really came from a legit relationship status before getting married. Most of my friends who filed, suggested the same. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, imabadass1989 said:

Hi Sir/Ma'am,

Thank you for your warmth response to my queries. I am just a little confuse on your answer for number 1. Does it mean I don't need to send those Timeline story? Because I spent too much time creating a story book on how we met, just to prove that we  really came from a legit relationship status before getting married. Most of my friends who filed, suggested the same. 

You are always allowed to submit anything you want in your application 

YMMV

19 minutes ago, imabadass1989 said:

Hello to y'all,

1, photos chats captions and stories or subsidiary evidence and don’t prove bonified relationship

3, when you’ve collated info is best time to submit

have you considered other visa options CR1? You entered on B2 for a vacation you don’t have to stay just because you got married... further more, the implications attached to AOS and the processing time imposes heaps of draw backs...

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

You are always allowed to submit anything you want in your application 

Ok that make sense to me now :) Thank you very very much.

Timeline
Just now, Duke & Marie said:

1, photos chats captions and stories or subsidiary evidence and don’t prove bonified relationship

3, when you’ve collated info is best time to submit

have you considered other visa options CR1? You entered on B2 for a vacation you don’t have to stay just because you got married... further more, the implications attached to AOS and the processing time imposes heaps of draw backs...

Hi Sir/Ma'am,

Thanks for your response :)

I can't open a bank account to joint his bank account, as I don't have SSN yet. What evidences I could provide for a Bonifide Marriage? 

I haven't heard of the CR1. We had impression that the forms we will be submitting are I130 and I485. Can you please help understand the CR1 and how to jump into that option? Thanks in advance. GBU

4 minutes ago, imabadass1989 said:

“ Because I spent too much time creating a story book on how we met, just to prove that we  really came from a legit relationship status before getting married” 

“Most of my friends who filed, suggested the same”

Above is somewhat contradictory to just getting married a few days ago.. I’m not sure how long you’ve been there, but any pre-intent of adjustment of status when entering is a bad thing..

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Timeline
4 minutes ago, imabadass1989 said:

Hi Sir/Ma'am,

I can't open a bank account to joint his bank account, as I don't have SSN yet. What evidences I could provide for a Bonifide Marriage? 

I haven't heard of the CR1. We had impression that the forms we will be submitting are I130 and I485. Can you please help understand the CR1 and how to jump into that option? Thanks in advance. GBU

Ignore CR1 as you are already present inside the USA.   

Bonafide marriage evidence is evidence showing how you have commingled your lives post ceremony 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, Duke & Marie said:

Above is somewhat contradictory to just getting married a few days ago.. I’m not sure how long you’ve been there, but any pre-intent of adjustment of status when entering is a bad thing..

I've been here for more than 120 days, my visa expires on January 1st week. We wanted to file our AOS 2 weeks from now. 

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

Ignore CR1 as you are already present inside the USA.   

Okay, that make sense. I was a little confused. Phew! So I will stick on filing the I130 and 1485, correct? 

2 minutes ago, imabadass1989 said:

Hi Sir/Ma'am,

You’ll have problems with banks, ssn, ability to work, travel, possibly driving and an array of other issues with AOS.. be sure you understand your restrictions is the best advice I can give you it’s not a slow process..

CR1 is spouse visa,

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Timeline
2 minutes ago, imabadass1989 said:

Okay, that make sense. I was a little confused. Phew! So I will stick on filing the I130 and 1485, correct? 

To adjust status from inside,  then that is correct.   Also,  don't ignore the i131 and i765

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

To adjust status from inside,  then that is correct.   Also,  don't ignore the i131 and i765

Sounds like I am on a same page with you. :) Yes I am inside now, and I wanna stay with husband that is why we wanted to process it here. I will take note of that. Thank you for the help. May god bless you :)

4 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

You’ll have problems with banks, ssn, ability to work, travel, possibly driving and an array of other issues with AOS.. be sure you understand your restrictions is the best advice I can give you it’s not a slow process..

CR1 is spouse visa,

Thank you for your advice :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.