23 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am a married daughter of american citizen, 

My dad (the petitioner) is over 80 years now and I have a family of spouse and two children (one above 21 and one below 21)

My Dad (the petitioner) income is not enough to sponsor us as he is retired 

We have good income and we can prove that by bank statements.

Is it mandatory that my Dad write the affidavit for all my family? do we have to look for JOINT sponsor? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hamdy ELgallad said:

I am a married daughter of american citizen, 

My dad (the petitioner) is over 80 years now and I have a family of spouse and two children (one above 21 and one below 21)

My Dad (the petitioner) income is not enough to sponsor us as he is retired 

We have good income and we can prove that by bank statements.

Is it mandatory that my Dad write the affidavit for all my family? do we have to look for JOINT sponsor? 

Yes as petitioner , he must be primary sponsor even if he died mt meet the requirements and yes .. you need joint sponsor or sponsors. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Your income will only count if you can prove it will continue after you move to the US. He will need to find an additional sponsor. This will not be an issue for a few years as you will fall into the the F3 category which is currently processing petitions received in 2007, so about a 12 year wait. When that time comes near then he will be contacted to provide his financial documents. The child above 21 will not be able to come with you and depending on the processing times the younger child may age out also. 

Due to your father's age and the wait time you may want to explore other avenues for obtaining a green card.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, belinda63 said:

Your income will only count if you can prove it will continue after you move to the US. He will need to find an additional sponsor. This will not be an issue for a few years as you will fall into the the F3 category which is currently processing petitions received in 2007, so about a 12 year wait. When that time comes near then he will be contacted to provide his financial documents. The child above 21 will not be able to come with you and depending on the processing times the younger child may age out also. 

Due to your father's age and the wait time you may want to explore other avenues for obtaining a green card.

Thanks for the guidance,

We are expecting NVC letter within 6-12 months, as our priority date is Dec 2008, that is why we are now checking the requirements which includes affidavit of support.

Will the additional sponsor delay our approval or it is treated same way as if the petitioner affidavit?

If joint sponsor applied the affidavit of the support, did the petitioner have to write too the affidavit showing his income?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hamdy ELgallad said:

Thanks for the guidance,

We are expecting NVC letter within 6-12 months, as our priority date is Dec 2008, that is why we are now checking the requirements which includes affidavit of support.

Will the additional sponsor delay our approval or it is treated same way as if the petitioner affidavit?

If joint sponsor applied the affidavit of the support, did the petitioner have to write too the affidavit showing his income?

A Joint Sponsor does not delay the case.  

Your father as the petitioner MUST file an I-864 even if his income is zero - it is mandatory.  The Joint Sponsor files his/her own I-864.

Your income is not considered.  

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline
2 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

A Joint Sponsor does not delay the case.  

Your father as the petitioner MUST file an I-864 even if his income is zero - it is mandatory.  The Joint Sponsor files his/her own I-864.

Your income is not considered.  

Clear,

The JOINT sponsor will show us his income, and that might irritate him, is there a way in which the joint sponsor write the affidavit without showing us his income?

If the petitioner died, the case will die too?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hamdy ELgallad said:

Clear,

The JOINT sponsor will show us his income, and that might irritate him, is there a way in which the joint sponsor write the affidavit without showing us his income?

If the petitioner died, the case will die too?

No.  You will need to upload the Joint Sponsor's I-864 and tax return to the computer system.  You will also need to bring the original I-864 and a copy of the Joint Sponsor's tax return to the interview.

If the petitioner dies, the case dies.  You may be able to revive it with a humanitarian reinstatement.  

Timeline

No.  You will need to upload the Joint Sponsor's I-864 and tax return to the computer system.  You will also need to bring the original I-864 and a copy of the Joint Sponsor's tax return to the interview.

If the petitioner dies, the case dies.  You may be able to revive it with a humanitarian reinstatement.  

Well, If the petitioner died after submitting or uploading all the documents on the system, 

will the case die too or it will proceed?

Do I have to file for children above 21 or only for those below 21?

Timeline
Just now, Hamdy ELgallad said:

Well, If the petitioner died after submitting or uploading all the documents on the system, 

will the case die too or it will proceed?

Do I have to file for children above 21 or only for those below 21?

YES.  IF THE PETITIONER DIES BEFORE YOU IMMIGRATE TO THE US, THE CASE DIES.  

Depends on whether CSPA helps your over 21 years old child or not.  Google "CSPA calculator" and enter his dates.  

Timeline

Depends on whether CSPA helps your over 21 years old child or not.  Google "CSPA calculator" and enter his dates.  

Clear

Many thanks

Timeline
On 11/3/2019 at 9:25 AM, Hamdy ELgallad said:

Clear

Many thanks

It is of great help to find possibility for my daughter.

But I tried to insert the required date as guided, the answer that I am late in submitting the CSPA !

I have the approval from USCA but there in no visa yet as my priority date is Dec 2008 and the approval date was on June 2010 (no visa yet)

Can you advice 

Timeline

Using my assets can help or not?

Which is better, a Joint sponsor or immigrant assets? 

On 11/3/2019 at 9:22 AM, aaron2020 said:

10 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

If your joint sponsor is not willing to supply the documents, you need to find someone who will. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.