majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, sandraannie said:

Me too. And we got our texts about I-131 on the same day. Our cases are eerily similiar right now. Which I think us receiving the letters has to do with the recent status update about our AP fingerprints. Turns out A LOT of people got those alerts. Even people who already received their combo cards.

Right. Perhaps I'm a pessimist, but I don't think there's any reason to believe it means we are particularly close to having our combo cards approved.  I haven't heard from anyone yet who got this text and then got an EAD/AP approval a few days later.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys!! Need some advice. Does anyone here have same case like mine? 

My AOS status is ready to schedule for interview

My EAD is still showing about my biometrics

My AP , i received an update that they already approved it last march 3 then told me to wait for their letter. But this is the one i received today which says that does not mean approval. Im so confused now. 

Screenshot_20200309-211214_Gallery.jpg

Timeline
1 hour ago, fhevzfei said:

Hi guys!! Need some advice. Does anyone here have same case like mine? 

My AOS status is ready to schedule for interview

My EAD is still showing about my biometrics

My AP , i received an update that they already approved it last march 3 then told me to wait for their letter. But this is the one i received today which says that does not mean approval. Im so confused now. 

Screenshot_20200309-211214_Gallery.jpg

A lot of us have gotten this letter. Both people waiting on their EAD/AP cards and people who already have their AP/EAD cards.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, jaysaldi said:

A lot of us have gotten this letter. Both people waiting on their EAD/AP cards and people who already have their AP/EAD cards.

Thank you for your response on my post. Got curious about it because i am expecting a letter of approval for my AP and im ending receiving that 😆and i was a bit concern and anxious about it coz they don't do any update on my EAD just my AP. By the way thanks again

Timeline
6 minutes ago, fhevzfei said:

Thank you for your response on my post. Got curious about it because i am expecting a letter of approval for my AP and im ending receiving that 😆and i was a bit concern and anxious about it coz they don't do any update on my EAD just my AP. By the way thanks again

Are you signed up with an account on the USCIS website? If so, you should be able to see if the AP has been mailed to you and the tracking info.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Those who have their EAD approved: did you have your interview ready to schedule before or it has nothing to do with that?

I also received the AP random letter today 

On 3/7/2020 at 12:19 PM, sandraannie said:

Just got a weird letter from USCIS in the mail. It just says that USCIS is processing my I-131. I am so disappointed. I thought I’d be an approval notice for my EAD. Why did I get this now? It’s an NOA, but I’ve already received my NOA1 for my AP and it clearly states that “this notice is not an approval of your pending application”.  I figure it’s to say that they have resumed processing after my RFIE. It also says that I won’t have to redo my BIO. It’s just so weird that it was only for my AP.

And like I said: I was so disappointed because I really thought it would be an approval notice. I was about to listen to my EAD playlist on Spotify (yes I’ve made one of those😂)

We're the same. Hope it's a good sign. 🙏🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/7/2020 at 3:19 PM, sandraannie said:

Just got a weird letter from USCIS in the mail. It just says that USCIS is processing my I-131. I am so disappointed. I thought I’d be an approval notice for my EAD. Why did I get this now? It’s an NOA, but I’ve already received my NOA1 for my AP and it clearly states that “this notice is not an approval of your pending application”.  I figure it’s to say that they have resumed processing after my RFIE. It also says that I won’t have to redo my BIO. It’s just so weird that it was only for my AP.

And like I said: I was so disappointed because I really thought it would be an approval notice. I was about to listen to my EAD playlist on Spotify (yes I’ve made one of those😂)

I received the very same thing yesterday. I couldn’t understand what it was all about - especially the part about not needing to go give my bios. 

Very confused. 🤔

11 hours ago, jaysaldi said:

No, except I just got a letter in the mail from USCIS reiterating that they are processing my wife's I-131 and using the fingerprints she gave in December.

Just fyi... I got that same notice and 3 days later my combo card was mailed out (this past Friday) should have it tomorrow or Thursday 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

Just fyi... I got that same notice and 3 days later my combo card was mailed out (this past Friday) should have it tomorrow or Thursday 

That’s incredible!! Congrats!! 

Timeline

Just wanted to write up an update regarding my interview today. When I was called up the interviewer asked my husband to wait in the waiting area. When we went inside she went over the form and asked me to confirm all the information like dates of entry, marriage, parents names, etc. Then most of the yes or no questions on the form. Then she said the reason my husband wasn’t called in to interview with me is because we had already filed for the K1 and when she interviews couples together it means she wants to verify questions between them. She said she believed our relationship was real basically. And so she asked me how we met and how it turned into a marriage. Gave her all the supporting documents. And she said she couldn’t approve me on the spot because if she goes back and reviews the documents and she’s missing something then it would delay the green card so I should just wait for the update online. That’s pretty much it. I’ll update everyone when I get the approval! Good luck to all! 

Edited by LOve17

42 minutes ago, Zsazsa said:

That’s incredible!! Congrats!! 

Just got my Usps tracking number It’s here Thursday! 

Timeline
10 hours ago, jaysaldi said:

Are you signed up with an account on the USCIS website? If so, you should be able to see if the AP has been mailed to you and the tracking info.

Yes i am. This is the last update i had. Then my EAD is still saying they applied my biometrics. So when I've got this update i thought that i will not receive a combo card. Do you think i need to call them for this matter?

20200309_193154.jpg

Timeline

I've been sitting on "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" for exactly 2 months now. Not complaining, I've got a ways to go with the Norfolk office, just poppin' in since it's been awhile!

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.