Greenbaum

November 2019 I-129f Filers

699 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
On 12/23/2019 at 8:44 AM, Sarge2155 said:

Very quiet in here! Happy Holidays all!

Haha we are all just "patiently" waiting for those noa2 😊 Happy Holidays to you and yours! 

38 minutes ago, TeamWelshican said:

Haha we are all just "patiently" waiting for those noa2 😊 Happy Holidays to you and yours! 

Won't  be long now!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 hours ago, AB UK US said:

Mailed our I-129F forms on 11/12/2019 and received our NOA1 on 11/21/2019.

Welcome to the thread  and congratulations.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi everyone my fiancée filled the petition on November 25th, just a week after the check was cashed and on December 5th she was notified by text the NOA1, I check the website everyday like crazy, sometimes I don't even wanna check cause I think they track the IP address and will see I'm checking every day and they'd think I'm desperate (which I am lol), she's been working a lot cause she doesn't want us to have any issues when we change status so she's more focused on making more money and here I am working in my country too but anxious at the same time, can't wait to be with her, btw our case went to California service center so if somebody's has gone there too and can tell how long it took please comment

Edited by RoxyJen

12 hours ago, RoxyJen said:

Hi everyone my fiancée filled the petition on November 25th, just a week after the check was cashed and on December 5th she was notified by text the NOA1, I check the website everyday like crazy, sometimes I don't even wanna check cause I think they track the IP address and will see I'm checking every day and they'd think I'm desperate (which I am lol), she's been working a lot cause she doesn't want us to have any issues when we change status so she's more focused on making more money and here I am working in my country too but anxious at the same time, can't wait to be with her, btw our case went to California service center so if somebody's has gone there too and can tell how long it took please comment

It will take anywhere from 3 months to 7 months and sometimes longer to reach approval (NOA2). This is a grueling process and if you lack patience it's best you call around in search of a mental institution of your choosing because that is where you will end up if you are checking every day. Just an opinion. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

It will take anywhere from 3 months to 7 months and sometimes longer to reach approval (NOA2). This is a grueling process and if you lack patience it's best you call around in search of a mental institution of your choosing because that is where you will end up if you are checking every day. Just an opinion. 

I'd say you're opinion is a bit rude, I believe everyone in this site is experiencing the same as I am, calling a mental institution is too much for someone new in this topic who's only asking to have an idea of the time frame but thanks anyways for you comment

10 minutes ago, RoxyJen said:

I'd say you're opinion is a bit rude, I believe everyone in this site is experiencing the same as I am, calling a mental institution is too much for someone new in this topic who's only asking to have an idea of the time frame but thanks anyways for you comment

Relax. My comment was not done for spite as it was tongue in cheek humor. I'm here to help you.

I'm trying to point out that you and others are making this into some kind of painful exercise and it needn't be that. I explained how to avoid all your anxiety in the process. It's simple but everyone, wants to do this and that, call and check and so on and on when it's not necessary. There are some simple tools to use and they don't include calling USCIS, NVC or your Embassy.

It's as simple as knowing the timeline when you can expect to have your NOA2. That you get by watching others from your country who are processing a month or two ahead of you. If their file is taking 200 days on average to adjudicated then more than likely yours will take that long. Calling at 180 days when other timelines are showing 200 days is ludicrous. So set the alarm for 200 days and when it goes off then check your progress. But all the time, keeping an eye on those ahead of you because if the trend changes either shorter waiting periods or longer you'll know. BTW have I ever once advised you to call USCIS, NVC or your Embassy during this diatribe? NO! Once you have your NOA2 then you send an email to NVC requesting that your (petitioner and beneficiary's email) emails be updated and to reflect to contact you when any movement has taken place with your case. Now sit back and wait for the email. Once you have the email that will be your approval. Hey, did I tell you yet to call USCIS, NVC or your Embassy? NO!

The key is to follow other timelines so you can compare it against your experience and or you'll know what to expect. And here is how that works.

There are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them. Also, there is another place you can go and follow others who are processing at the same time you are and for the same Embassy. Go to the blue ribbon at the top of this page and select "portals". Scroll down the left-hand side of the page till you get to VJ "your country's name" Timelines. Just below it, you'll see "K-1" so you select it and out pops a window with others from your country.

You have to trust the process.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

10 minutes ago, emma24 said:

What is the next case status after case received? Will it not change until closer to NOA2?

The next status is approved if no RFE or other unforeseen things.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

The next status is approved if no RFE or other unforeseen things.

wonderful! I didn't know if maybe it would change to in progress or anything. thanks! :) 

2 hours ago, USUK8 said:

Looks like some October approvals are starting..good news.

Greenbaum, you seem to be a patient man! You're doing great work here and have my thanks.

Thanks. I haven't Pi$$ off anyone today but I did yesterday. I told he/she that google is a good use for research they said I was rude. Thin skin I guess. But anyways, thanks for the accolades.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.