abum

Mattis Takes Swipe At Trump: 'I Earned My Spurs On The Battlefield'

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/18/771206785/mattis-takes-swipe-at-trump-i-earned-my-spurs-on-the-battlefield 

"I earned my spurs on the battlefield ... Donald Trump earned his spurs in a letter from a doctor," he said in a reference to a medical deferment for bone spurs that kept Trump from serving in the military during the Vietnam War.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/05/13/best-people-trump-hired-then-attacked/

😂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, his writers were very funny, and he delivered a great speech.  Now of course if you read his book, he also slammed Biden pretty good.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

On 10/18/2019 at 11:12 AM, Steeleballz said:

I like Mattis, but he did say he wouldn't criticize a sitting president.  He's putting his own reputation on the line now to take cheap shots at Trump. That's not a good trade off. 

i was expecting him to be diagnosed with the dumb "TDS" label that ardent supporters would love to give critics of their dear leader with 😛

surprising for someone who hired only the best people to be dismissing/firing them and then being criticized by them . 

20 minutes ago, abum said:

i was expecting him to be diagnosed with the dumb "TDS" label that ardent supporters would love to give critics of their dear leader with 😛

surprising for someone who hired only the best people to be dismissing/firing them and then being criticized by them . 

If you want to talk the about I consent then I expect you to at least tell the truth. Matt is was not fired he resigned because he disagreed with Trump about pulling the troops out of Syria. 

Filed: Timeline
On 10/18/2019 at 10:12 AM, Steeleballz said:

I like Mattis, but he did say he wouldn't criticize a sitting president.  He's putting his own reputation on the line now to take cheap shots at Trump. That's not a good trade off. 

It's also against the UCMJ, and could result in him losing his pension.  Would suck for Mattis if Trump decided to make an example out of him.

7 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

If you want to talk the about I consent then I expect you to at least tell the truth. Matt is was not fired he resigned because he disagreed with Trump about pulling the troops out of Syria. 

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/01/02/trump-insists-he-fired-mattis-says-former-defense-secretary-was-not-too-good-at-the-job/

Trump insists he fired Mattis, says former defense secretary was ‘not too good' at the job

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/02/us/politics/trump-mattis-defense-secretary-generals.html

Trump Says Mattis Resignation Was ‘Essentially’ a Firing, Escalating His New Front Against Military Critics

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/02/politics/trump-mattis-resignation/index.html

Trump says he 'essentially' fired Mattis (who actually resigned in protest)

Have some faith on the dear beloved leader please :D . If the dear leader said so, it must be true and it should be supported all the way to the end! 

(since when truth matters to the ardent supporters?)

1 minute ago, abum said:

Ok, whatever. Since you keep talking about Saint Mattis like that then I will help you understand alittle bit about me. I am a Marine who served overseas in Combat. I did NOT serve under Mattis but I know people that have served under him. Saint Mattis resigned because he wanted us to have a permanent presence in Rojava (just like I do) and Trump wanted to pull us out of Syria which he did. 

I know very few of us, if not none, that like Trumps policies, who agree with his bombastic juvenile posts etc.

Trump never should have had bad things to say about Mattis. He should have just let him resign. Thank him for his loyal service to his country and move on.

I love Trumps policies. I hate his 3rd grade like personal attacks on people. He needs his own mod.

As for Mattis, didnt Obama fire him for questioning him, while still on active duty?? If I remember without looking it up

Not sure the UCMJ political statues apply to retired members ???

55 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I know very few of us, if not none, that like Trumps policies, who agree with his bombastic juvenile posts etc.

Trump never should have had bad things to say about Mattis. He should have just let him resign. Thank him for his loyal service to his country and move on.

I love Trumps policies. I hate his 3rd grade like personal attacks on people. He needs his own mod.

As for Mattis, didnt Obama fire him for questioning him, while still on active duty?? If I remember without looking it up

Not sure the UCMJ political statues apply to retired members ???

He got fired because he kept asking what they were going to do and what the plan was after a initial strike on Iran. He kept calling BS about their poor lack of planning and this got fired. 

I agree with everything you said as well

Edited by Cyberfx1024

7 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I think he's an a## but I do like the positive effect on my TSP. I have no problem separating the two things. President Trump's immigration policies are very similar to President Obama's but I don't remember the media uproar or ICE workers ducking protest blood back then....

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

1 hour ago, boris64 said:

I think he's an a## but I do like the positive effect on my TSP. I have no problem separating the two things. President Trump's immigration policies are very similar to President Obama's but I don't remember the media uproar or ICE workers ducking protest blood back then....

My TSP has been literally exploding because I only have a small amount in the G fund