laylalex

The Real Scandal Behind AOC’s Haircut

83 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ALFKAD said:

I don't see why they wouldn't be taxed just as everything else in life is.  Food is a necessity, and most states tax it as well (though some do not).

Generally, though, most states make exemptions for food staples as opposed to food luxuries. So milk and bread are staples, but croissants are a luxury. Feminine hygiene products are similarly staples of life. We really, really can't live our lives without pads, at the very least. (And I'm sorry to the ladies that only use pads, but... yuck.) If they were "nice to haves" sure, tax away. But I can't do my job, can't do much of anything without them for a week a month. Without them, I'd be stuck in my first world shame hut wearing an untaxed loincloth for a week that I needed to wash out in the sink.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, elmcitymaven said:

Have you considered marketing menstrual loincloths? I expect you'd find women are just aching to wear something bulky that needs sterilizing. 

It's really not that difficult. Why is it that something that is reserved for biological female human beings only, that is a necessity of (as someone else pointed out) living life with dignity, taxed? What exists in the marketplace that is both a necessity of dignified male life, and is reserved only for biological men? 

Surely you're not actually coming out in favor of taxation, are you? *bats eyes*

child support is taxed..........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

27 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Alimony is taxed. The recipient must claim it and the payor can deduct it. Child support is not included as taxable income. 

Yes, but alimony isn't necessary for a man to live with dignity. 

I mean, it may be necessary for me to live with dignity, but then I'm not a man. 👸

Make no babies = no child support needed.

Hardly an agonizing physical condition which afflicts a woman every single month and requires some sort of necessary product to live dignified and not frighten fragile sensibilities. Reminds me of a glorious Key and Peele episode that isn't VJ friendly, but if men were afflicted, I suspect not only would there be advancements in science on the subject but taxes wouldn't be a factor either.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

10 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Yes, but alimony isn't necessary for a man to live with dignity. 

I mean, it may be necessary for me to live with dignity, but then I'm not a man. 👸

I do know a man who gets $400 a month in alimony. His ex wife is a pharmacist. He is .. I'm not even sure what he does. However he gets alimony and child support. 

Anyway my main point was child support is not taxable for the recipient. The money is for support of a child, not to supplement the income of an ex spouse. The IRS treats it as such. It is taxed as income only for the person who earned it. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

Alimony is taxed. The recipient must claim it and the payor can deduct it. Child support is not included as taxable income. 

it's taxed before the guy pays it..........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

In the summer my wife cuts my hair (Statham cut) in the backyard before I mow the yard. Fertilizes the grass. In the winter I am allowed an indoor cut)))  I agree being a woman stinks for comparable aesthetic expectations))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, boris64 said:

In the summer my wife cuts my hair (Statham cut) in the backyard before I mow the yard. Fertilizes the grass. In the winter I am allowed an indoor cut)))  I agree being a woman stinks for comparable aesthetic expectations))

I get a cut every Saturday night by my wife. She wants me looking good for mass Sunday morning.

26 minutes ago, luckytxn said:

I get a cut every Saturday night by my wife. She wants me looking good for mass Sunday morning.

I don't even try with Alex. His hair is quite curly and when I tried once to cut it I got it completely lopsided, so he had to have it cut very short. He was okay with this, but I was not -- I prefer to have his hair messy and curly. He's happy with whatever I'm happy with, so I send him to my stylist in Berkeley.

Timeline
Just now, laylalex said:

I don't even try with Alex. His hair is quite curly and when I tried once to cut it I got it completely lopsided, so he had to have it cut very short. He was okay with this, but I was not -- I prefer to have his hair messy and curly. He's happy with whatever I'm happy with, so I send him to my stylist in Berkeley.

Yeah well my babe has a business doing it and is real good at it. She also does my brothers that lives with us now. She wants me to look as spiffy as is possible at my age because sometimes they need someone to collect the money or bring the sacraments in because someone didn't show up they come find me and I always say yes and do it. I even like being a doorman and could care less I look like santa claus but the wifey is more picky. She even hates when I choose a pants with a hole and I see no reason as no one is looking at my rear anymore or could care less. 

1 hour ago, luckytxn said:

Yeah well my babe has a business doing it and is real good at it. She also does my brothers that lives with us now. She wants me to look as spiffy as is possible at my age because sometimes they need someone to collect the money or bring the sacraments in because someone didn't show up they come find me and I always say yes and do it. I even like being a doorman and could care less I look like santa claus but the wifey is more picky. She even hates when I choose a pants with a hole and I see no reason as no one is looking at my rear anymore or could care less. 

When I met Al, he wore terrible sweaters that were full of moth holes and these disgusting "old man" overcoats that stank of cigarettes, and all his t-shirts were stained or had tears in them or were in some other way totally not presentable outside of his room. He said it was part of his "look" which I guess was "impoverished student"? His girlfriend at the time said she really didn't care, because she wasn't with him for his wardrobe. :rolleyes: He eventually got the memo on being well dressed when he got his first job. Now the only really horrible thing he has left from then is this gross old "silky" polyester dressing gown in a paisley design which will never smell right no matter how many times I have washed it. I call it his Ted Cruz robe because it is like what Cruz's college dressing gown sounds like! 

Four independently offered the word “creepy,” with some pointing to Cruz’s habit of donning a paisley bathrobe and walking to the opposite end of their dorm’s hallway where the female students lived.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3474215/Ted-Cruz-s-former-roommate-Craig-Mazin-shares-horror-stories-Princeton-dorm.html

Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

When I met Al, he wore terrible sweaters that were full of moth holes and these disgusting "old man" overcoats that stank of cigarettes, and all his t-shirts were stained or had tears in them or were in some other way totally not presentable outside of his room. He said it was part of his "look" which I guess was "impoverished student"? His girlfriend at the time said she really didn't care, because she wasn't with him for his wardrobe. :rolleyes: He eventually got the memo on being well dressed when he got his first job. Now the only really horrible thing he has left from then is this gross old "silky" polyester dressing gown in a paisley design which will never smell right no matter how many times I have washed it. I call it his Ted Cruz robe because it is like what Cruz's college dressing gown sounds like! 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3474215/Ted-Cruz-s-former-roommate-Craig-Mazin-shares-horror-stories-Princeton-dorm.html

Yeah well she has holes in her jeans that she bought that way so when I brought that up and being told her holes were fashion holes so it OK doesn't fly with me. I think my strategic placed holes in my jeans are fashion holes too and are just as valid.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Just split Bar Oil on my Jeans, fortunately not my best pair.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”