CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, jcracked52 said:

Nothing yet, starting to get concerned. No checks cashed yet. They received it 10/11. Still nothing.

Same here. Saw lots saying theirs were recieved 10/12, 10/15 (obviously later than ours) and they already have their NOAs. 😥

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It is a month - you have to give USCIS a month. If any of you went through the K1 visa, probably you know how randomly people were getting approved for their NOA2. I went through the K1 route and people who submmited their applications before me, got their NOA2. With USCIS, there is no order. The way the handle applications is random and aleatory. No need to worry about this; it will be all good in the end. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Martha R said:

It is a month - you have to give USCIS a month. If any of you went through the K1 visa, probably you know how randomly people were getting approved for their NOA2. I went through the K1 route and people who submmited their applications before me, got their NOA2. With USCIS, there is no order. The way the handle applications is random and aleatory. No need to worry about this; it will be all good in the end. 

Thank you. 

30 minutes ago, jcracked52 said:

At least I am not alone. Keep me updated. 

Yup, will do. Holler in me if you hear anything yourself.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I had my biometrics today in New Orleans, went in 30 minutes early before my appointment and I was out without 10 minutes. It was pretty quick and easy. The officers there were very professional, also very down to earth. 😀

My timeline so far.....

10/01/2019 mailed out my AOS package. 

10/02/2019 AOS package received by USCIS Lockbox.

10/08/2019 money has been cashed by USCIS.

10/09/2019 received 3 Official Receipts Notice (I-797) via text.

10/15/2019 Hard copy NOA received with a notice date of 10/08/2019

10/19/2019 received I-797C biometric appointment. 

11/01/2019 Biometrics completed.

10/02/19 AOS Package received.
10/15/19 Hard copy NOA received with a notice.
10/19/19 Received I-797C biometric appointment.
11/01/19 Biometrics completed.
11/08/19 Case was updated to Fingerprints were taken and in Process.
11/26/19 Form I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview".
01/21/20 I-765 "New card is being produced".
01/22/20 I-765 "Case was approved".
01/23/20 Form I-485 "Interview was scheduled".
01/24/20 I-765 "Card Was Mailed to me".
01/27/20 I-765 "Card was picked up by USPS" expected delivery by 01/29/20.
01/27/20 I-765 "Approval notice letter".
01/27/20 Form I-485 Interview Letter received. Interview Date 03/04/2020.

01/29/20 EAD Card in hand.

03/04/20 Interview was complete but my case must be reviewed.

03/05/20 New Card is being Produced.

03/06/20 I-130 and I-485 "Case was approved"

03/10/20 10 years Green card in hand.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
20 hours ago, Nafis8 said:

Yes got it without any problems in 3 weeks!

Had to go back to change it after getting married and this time wait was longer. After not getting anything in 4 weeks I called SS office and found out that card was sent back to SS office because my name wasn't on our mailbox. The lady on the phone said some postmen do that. They sent it back to me and I got it in a week after calling them

Did you actually change your name on the SS card after getting married? I went to do it too but the guy adviced me not to, until I get my EAD card, because it could complicate the paperwork. Not sure how though, something about different names in systems..?

2 hours ago, Martha R said:

Exactly no real need to stress. Don't  look at other cases and try to predict yours that is a quick way to high stress. USCIS works on no schedule no rhyme no reason. Patience is the key, like @Martha R

said give them a month then you can panic. I assure you it'll be here before a months end. We are supposed to be veterans now (if you are adjusting from a K1) meaning we know how to wait. Relax you'll be fine all of you/us.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

7 minutes ago, Pinda said:

Did you actually change your name on the SS card after getting married? I went to do it too but the guy adviced me not to, until I get my EAD card, because it could complicate the paperwork. Not sure how though, something about different names in systems..?

That's  correct we went back to change names and they would not do it till EAD or GC  Your latest immigration  document has to have your married name in this case  your I94 before they will change it ( or passport). So you have to wait  for EAD or GC. But some couples have been able to change their name. It depends on the SSA clerk and the SSA office.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Agreed! It is childish to be comparing your case to someone else’s case. We need to be patience and understand the process, especially if we are coming through K1 route. We should know this drill by now. 

23 hours ago, JCo said:

Hi! I had the same issue and even took 2 months for me calling and going to the SSA office to follow it up. I got tired of waiting so I researced and found a way by contacting DHS, and the agent told me what to do. Turned out they had already responded to my case inquiry back on Sept 9. I went to the SSA just this Tue and "guided" them on what to do so they could find my case. And yes, it was there asking them to submit the documents which I aslo gave them when I applied on Sept 3rd. So now, another 2 weeks of waiting again.

Anyway, if they tell you that there's still no update in their system, tell them to log into SAVE and check there coz u already saw that it was already verified. Hope everything works out for you. 

Can you please tell me how did you contact DHS? Thank you! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

That's  correct we went back to change names and they would not do it till EAD or GC  Your latest immigration  document has to have your married name in this case  your I94 before they will change it ( or passport). So you have to wait  for EAD or GC. But some couples have been able to change their name. It depends on the SSA clerk and the SSA office.

Yes that's what the clerk said, just couldn't remember exactly. He said I could change if I wanted to, he just didn't recommend it, so I waited.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have a question! So for some reason i was having issues with my bank and my debit card being cloned! When USCIS tried to cash the check it bounced 2 times! But what I am amazed with, its that they tried a third time! And finally the bank cashed the check! Will USCIS returned my case? Even though the check was cashed on the third attempt?

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

39 minutes ago, Indira/Charlys said:

I have a question! So for some reason i was having issues with my bank and my debit card being cloned! When USCIS tried to cash the check it bounced 2 times! But what I am amazed with, its that they tried a third time! And finally the bank cashed the check! Will USCIS returned my case? Even though the check was cashed on the third attempt?

If they tried  3 times  and finally got their money there is no need to reject your case. They will process now.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Pinda said:

yes, I did change my name after getting married! And Didn't have any problems with that..Nobody even told me not to🤨 So I guess marriage certificate was enough for it. Actually this was the easiest and non problematic step in this whole immigration journey so far

Edited by Nafis8

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.