27 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I searched for a forum that was in my shoes, but I couldn’t find one so instead I created one. I am a US citizen and my husband is in Nigeria. I filed our documents through a lawyer in June 2019 and I am currently in the waiting process. I have my tracking number they provide to check on the website for when they approve me or through my lawyer. I am believing God for a miracle of a short processing time. I am filing through Nebraska Service Center. Has anyone receive notice yet? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, ThatLadyChidera said:

Hello all!

I searched for a forum that was in my shoes, but I couldn’t find one so instead I created one. I am a US citizen and my husband is in Nigeria. I filed our documents through a lawyer in June 2019 and I am currently in the waiting process. I have my tracking number they provide to check on the website for when they approve me or through my lawyer. I am believing God for a miracle of a short processing time. I am filing through Nebraska Service Center. Has anyone receive notice yet? 

You filed in June,  you have a long ways to wait 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, ThatLadyChidera said:

I’m believing God for divine intervention. How long have you waited?

Nebraska is quoting 12 to 16 months,  

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, ThatLadyChidera said:

There are people that are US citizens filing in Nebraska that are getting approved before that 12 month mark

Have you filed an i129f?

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, ThatLadyChidera said:

No, I filed I-130

Then there is very little chance you will be one of "those" people who are approved in less than 12 months in Nebraska.  "Those" people for the most part are people who filed an i129f (for k3) after filing the i130

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

i have 2 friends one who wife filed for him in march 2019 and the other oct 2018. the march one is moving on to NVC after to RFEs the october one has not heard yet. I don't know what they are going by but it is a long process and thats one way to look at it keep the faith and think ahead already claim it. Good Luck to all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, Gbhhnxxnxn said:

Hello all!

Hi,

Please check out my timeline.

Married May 2019

I-130 June 2019

I-129F August 2019

I-130 Approval September 2019

Now I am waiting for the NVC notification. My applications were both filed with the Nebraska Center. 

43 minutes ago, Pedro & Rosa said:

June 2019 Fillers

I am a June filer and was approved last week.

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, Gbhhnxxnxn said:

No, I filed I-130

The I-129F might help speed up the process.

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.