Nicolerae

Made a stupid mistake and submitted expired version I129-F

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Somehow submitted the expired version of the I-129F 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ my mom got the rejection in the mail today and our packet was sent back all intact (minus the tabs I created at the bottom of the packet to separate the pages). I’ve redone everything on the CORRECT form now.

The individual passport photo pages we submitted were both dated and signed 09/05/19 and since that’s been almost a month I’m wondering if I should redo that page to say 10/01/19 since photos need to be taken within 30 days of submitting and we’d be cutting it close. If that's close enough that the date will be okay, I will just switch out the I-129F and send everything back the way it was with original dates and just with the new I-129F form. Should that be okay?

I’m emailing the updated form to my mom and she is mailing it all back in since I’m not in the US right now. I just want to avoid having to redo all of the dates on the other pages of the packet if I can so she doesn’t have to organize too much of it.

Timeline
On 10/1/2019 at 6:52 AM, Nicolerae said:

Somehow submitted the expired version of the I-129F 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ my mom got the rejection in the mail today and our packet was sent back all intact (minus the tabs I created at the bottom of the packet to separate the pages). I’ve redone everything on the CORRECT form now.

The individual passport photo pages we submitted were both dated and signed 09/05/19 and since that’s been almost a month I’m wondering if I should redo that page to say 10/01/19 since photos need to be taken within 30 days of submitting and we’d be cutting it close. If that's close enough that the date will be okay, I will just switch out the I-129F and send everything back the way it was with original dates and just with the new I-129F form. Should that be okay?

I’m emailing the updated form to my mom and she is mailing it all back in since I’m not in the US right now. I just want to avoid having to redo all of the dates on the other pages of the packet if I can so she doesn’t have to organize too much of it.

You should be fine, just make sure you file it with the passport photos still within the 30 days.

I'm gonna file mine this month, which one is the updated form? I thought they were going to be updated on October 15th.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, DesiJase said:

How do you know if you have an expired form or not?

If it's the latest version on the USCIS web site as of when you sent it, it's not expired (even if the OMB Expiration Date on the form has passed).

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
5 hours ago, DesiJase said:

How do you know if you have an expired form or not? Will it be updating October 15th?

I was have trouble filling in the pdf form online so I think when I finally found a website that worked I somehow used an older version. The expiration is shown at the very top right corner of the first page. I didn’t realize that was the forms expiration. The current ones expire in November 2020. Mine was from 2018. I didn’t see anything different at all between the two forms though besides expiration. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 10/1/2019 at 12:52 PM, Nicolerae said:

Happened to me as well! My fiance just called the USCIS last night and was told that we got rejected because we used an outdated form. 

We are not even sure if he have received the visa packet as he is deployed right now and I don't live in the states 😧.

Dated for almost 3 years before he proposed. 💍

16 Oct 2019 - Sent I-129F

18 Oct 2019 - Delivered

24 Oct 2019 - NOA1 notice date

7 Feb 2020 - NOA2 notice date

13 Mar 2020 - P3 Received

20 Mar 2020- DS-160 fee paid

15 Jan 2021 - Visa Approved!

21 Jan 2021 - Visa status changed to "issued"

27 March 2021 - Entered US

21 April 2021 - Married 👰🤵

30 April 2021- AOS delivered

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lili_K said:

Happened to me as well! My fiance just called the USCIS last night and was told that we got rejected because we used an outdated form. 

We are not even sure if he have received the visa packet as he is deployed right now and I don't live in the states 😧.

Ugh that’s awful! I swear I got it off the USCIS website too. I just re-did the I-129F and put it back in its place and resent everything. My mom said she could see that they'd all been given a barcode and scanned in. It came with a green sheet and said to basically send it back as it was with the green sheet on top. It’s still been less than a month since we dated everything so I left all the original dates and all the other pages as they were. I did sign the new I-129F as 10/01/19 since that’s when I redid that. 

1 hour ago, Nicolerae said:

Ugh that’s awful! I swear I got it off the USCIS website too. I just re-did the I-129F and put it back in its place and resent everything. My mom said she could see that they'd all been given a barcode and scanned in. It came with a green sheet and said to basically send it back as it was with the green sheet on top. It’s still been less than a month since we dated everything so I left all the original dates and all the other pages as they were. I did sign the new I-129F as 10/01/19 since that’s when I redid that. 

This is exactly what happened to us as well! And we thought that we had the latest as we just downloaded the form from the USCIS website. But damage been done, so good thing this is just a minor mistake and you shouldn't be too worried. We just re-submitted the docs with the correct form then received our noa-1 5 days after they received it. :)

Edited by silvertruck

2016-04-22     Met in NJ, USA

2019-01-16     Engagement

K-1                                                                             AOS                                                                        ROC

2019-05-22     I-129F Submission                              2020-05-22    I-485/I-765/I-131 Submission       2023-03-07   I-751 Submission

2019-06-19     NOA1 received                                     2020-06-04    NOA1 received                                   2023-03-08  NOA1 received

2019-09-19     NOA2 received                                     2021-02-25    I-765/I-131 (APPROVED)

2020-01-16     Embassy interview (APPROVED)      2021-04-30    I-485 (APPROVED)

2020-03-15     US POE (JFK)

2020-04-09     Wedding

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nicolerae said:

ME TOO! I swear i got it off USCIS website too! We waited a month to call them. so the documents are all dated a while back (july). I had to reprint everything out just to be safe and mail it to his mom in the States. Fingers crossed both of our packet will not be rejected this time. 

18 Oct 2019 - Delivered

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, DesiJase said:

How do you know if you have an expired form or not? Will it be updating October 15th?

Always download the forms directly from the USCIS website.    < those are the current forms, even if they show an expired date.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/3/2019 at 7:34 PM, Lili_K said:

ME TOO! I swear i got it off USCIS website too! We waited a month to call them. so the documents are all dated a while back (july). I had to reprint everything out just to be safe and mail it to his mom in the States. Fingers crossed both of our packet will not be rejected this time. 

Just got our NOA1 today! We sent our packet back re-done the very next day after it was rejected and overnighted it. Received on October 2nd and NOA1 was dated October 7. Hope yours gets approved quickly too! 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/13/2019 at 7:36 AM, Nicolerae said:

Just got our NOA1 today! We sent our packet back re-done the very next day after it was rejected and overnighted it. Received on October 2nd and NOA1 was dated October 7. Hope yours gets approved quickly too! 

We are still waiting for our NOA1. His mom mailed it out 2 weeks ago and was delivered on the 19th October. So I am hoping he will be notified this week. Did you receive notification via email or text message?

I am feeling nervous that they might reject it again. 

18 Oct 2019 - Delivered

Timeline
5 hours ago, Lili_K said:

We are still waiting for our NOA1. His mom mailed it out 2 weeks ago and was delivered on the 19th October. So I am hoping he will be notified this week. Did you receive notification via email or text message?

I am feeling nervous that they might reject it again. 

We overnighted ours so it was received October 5th and we got our NOA1 in the mail on October 12th but it was dated October 7th so our packet would’ve been approved on the 7th. I filled out the form for electronic notice of receipt for a text/email the first time but I guess it was destroyed when it was rejected because I didn’t send one the second time and I never got an email or text. I hope you get your notice soon! Our approved packet was sent to the California service center for the next step. 

Edited by Nicolerae

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nicolerae said:

We overnighted ours so it was received October 5th and we got our NOA1 in the mail on October 12th but it was dated October 7th so our packet would’ve been approved on the 7th. I filled out the form for electronic notice of receipt for a text/email the first time but I guess it was destroyed when it was rejected because I didn’t send one the second time and I never got an email or text. I hope you get your notice soon! Our approved packet was sent to the California service center for the next step. 

Our checks had been cashed :) so i hope we will receive the NOA this week! 

Good luck to us both! 

18 Oct 2019 - Delivered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am so happy I saw this post. I quickly went to see the PDF I printed and noticed it was the old version too! I mailed the packet yesterday and was able to re-route it back to my place so I can swap for the correct version! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.