Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About silvertruck

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  • Member # 323406
  • Location Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
    Franklin Park
  • State
    New Jersey

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    K-1 Visa
  • Place benefits filed at
    California Service Center
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

1,037 profile views
  1. Yes, I have an SSN and you'll need that to check your credit score. I agree with @kec523, we still need to provide evidence that we don't have a credit report and I think a mail from any of those three bureaus certifying as such is the best way, regardless of whether we have a newly-issued SSN or not.
  2. I am on this situation as well. I am still outside the US but will be using my K-1 visa next month, and I am also already preparing for my AOS as soon as I am ready. Here are my initial thoughts on some of the questions in I-944: a. Health insurance - it is better if you will be added in your spouse's insurance if that's possible. Otherwise, you may opt to buy one out of pocket b. US Federal Tax returns - I think it would be understandable if we indicate we haven't filed any tax returns for the obvious reason that we just recently arrived in the US and most of us would not have any work (or even SSN). There is a section where you can explain why you haven't filed your taxes from the previous year c. Credit score - same as above it is understandable that we will not have US credit scores if we just recently arrived in the US. But in the questionnaire it specifically mentioned that if we don't have a credit score we should provide evidence that indeed we have none. I think this evidence can be obtained from any of the three credit bureaus - Equifax, Experian, TransUnion. (https://www.usa.gov/credit-reports) I tried online and all are getting error which I suppose that means I don't have credit score, and the results can be requested via mail. Another option, if already possible, is to provide evidence of continued payment of bills if there is no credit report or credit score - perhaps your mobile phone utility bills etc. d. Financial assets - on top of the financial assets of my USC spouse/sponsor, I am also planning to include mine as well, like my foreign savings accounts, foreign investments, etc. It would be in foreign currency, yes, but you can easily convert them to USD and besides, the more assets you can present, the better chance that the adjudicating officer will see your application positively. e. English proficiency/education/skills - I am coming from a non-English country but the language of instruction in our school/college is in English so I don't have English language course certificates. What I think can prove my English proficiency is by providing my transcript of records when I was in college and highlight the English courses I took. And again, I would still be jobless the first few months after I arrive in the US as I will still be waiting for my EAD (note: I really do hope that DHS would see this ambiguity!) and therefore cannot answer that I have a job, but luckily I have some professional certifications which I am planning to submit as well just to prove that I am a skilled professional and would have better chances to land a job when I am already legally able. These are just my twopence. I am not saying these are correct and will work out as we are the lucky guinea pigs that will undergo the public charge rule - and we might not see any results from other AOS applicants until after 5-8 months when they've received their decision/results!
  3. So as I was saying, we were just on the NVC hotline, literally just minutes ago..they said they have received our case yesterday (Oct. 16), but no case number yet. Our NOA2 date is Sep. 19th.
  4. We were just on the call..and waited for about an hour before we were entertained. And yes, they started late today - the line opened around 07:30 ET
  5. This is exactly what happened to us as well! And we thought that we had the latest as we just downloaded the form from the USCIS website. But damage been done, so good thing this is just a minor mistake and you shouldn't be too worried. We just re-submitted the docs with the correct form then received our noa-1 5 days after they received it.
  6. I had the same confusion when I was filling out my I-129F form. I've been to the US before but at the time I'm applying for K-1 I am already living outside the US. What I did is what @Letspaintcookies suggested - I left it blank as I am not in the US anymore. But I also added a printed copy of my recent I-94 and US visa stamps in my passport in the list of documents I submitted just to let them know I have previous US travel history - though I don't think this is really needed (just for my peace of mind). Then my petition got approved, we just received our NOA2.
  7. Our packet has been returned for the reason of using the old version of I-129F. We actually downloaded the form from the USCIS official website on February 2019. We noticed that at that time, the version available (04/10/17) in their site is way past the expiration date (08/31/2018) but they also noted that they would soon post a new version but in the meantime we can use the 04/10/17 version. We submitted the form mid-May but didn't check if they have a newer version! It was our mistake to have overlooked that simple check! So they have returned all the documents plus the check. Anyway, the bright side is we can still re-submit the packet using the new and correc version of I-129F form. So question now: 1. The returned documents have now scanned "serial number-like" at the bottom of each page. So we're wondering if we would just re-submit everything, or do we have to re-print all the documents? 2. Would there be additional fees on re-submission, or it is the same $535? 3. Do we need to label our packet and cover letters as "RE-SUBMISSION" or this is still considered as "ORIGINAL SUBMISSION"?
  8. Thanks for all the replies. Yes, it seems L-1 is more cost-saving and convenient, but I think we would still push through the K-1 submission as a failover plan. In case the L-1 application got denied or my work assignment would be cut short. At least we still have the K-1 ongoing without wasting processing time (our planned wedding date is Q1 2020). Agree the $535 fee may just go down the drain, but that's the uncertainty of the future, and a risk we're willing to take.
  9. Oh that's nice! Was actually getting paranoid as I might be flagged with misrepresentation with having K-1 and L-1 simultaneously. But then again, it isn't my fault - it just so happens my employer would need me in the US to work, at almost the same time with my "personal" plan to immigrate via the fiance visa. And I think, come interview at AOS it would be less difficult to prove our good intention with this scenario. Yeah, the IO might scrutinize it more but as long as we can explain all that has happened was done in good faith, then we'll be fine...hopefully.
  10. My fiance (US petitioner) and I (alien beneficiary) are almost complete with our K-1 requirements and is ready to submit the K-1 packet by next week. However, my employer recently notified me to apply for an L-1 visa as I might be needed by our client in the US. We're thinking to go ahead with our K-1 submission as previously planned, but with the L-1 might complicate some things: 1. Is it advisable to submit the K-1 first, then apply for L-1? Or the other way around? 2. If we decide to submit K-1 first, then at the time of my L-1 application, there would reflect a pending K-1 petition for me. Would it affect my L-1 application? 3. Say I got the L-1 approved then entered the US using L-1, with the K-1 still pending...can we get married in the US (as my work assignment might be long-term), then abandon our K-1 application, then just have an AOS from L-1 to Green Card? Would it raise any red flags?
  • Create New...