Sarge21555

October 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

721 posts in this topic

So happy to be here! I hope I'm not joining too quickly as I have only seen an approval on the old website, nothing else yet.  But if changed there I think it's bound to change everywhere else! I want that letter in my hands!! I'm ready to get going and move forward with next steps : ) 

43 minutes ago, kec523 said:

So happy to be here! I hope I'm not joining too quickly as I have only seen an approval on the old website, nothing else yet.  But if changed there I think it's bound to change everywhere else! I want that letter in my hands!! I'm ready to get going and move forward with next steps : ) 

Sometimes it doesn't show up anywhere. So don't wait around for additional confirmation. The only true confirmation you will need is the NOA2.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Sometimes it doesn't show up anywhere. So don't wait around for additional confirmation. The only true confirmation you will need is the NOA2.

Yes, I am waiting for that dang letter!! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

So happy to be joining this thread! Got our NOA2 yesterday October 24th! Gonna read the PDF now and get ready for the next steps ☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Just joining you all here! 🤗 NOA1=7/15, NOA2= 10/22 (vía app) I haven’t received the letter yet. My fiancée is Cuban and we’ll be interviewing in Guyana when the time comes. If anyone is in the same situation let me know so we can talk. It would be nice to check in with someone else!

5 minutes ago, Artem&Karolina said:

NOA2 - 4 october 2019. Yesterday they called in NVC, there is no number yet.

The transfer of the case file to NVC from USCIS is at least 30 days. Upon receipt with NVC it can be 1-30 days before the number is assigned. Just saying that it might be just a tad to early to be calling.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

8 hours ago, livinginlove said:

Just joining you all here! 🤗 NOA1=7/15, NOA2= 10/22 (vía app) I haven’t received the letter yet. My fiancée is Cuban and we’ll be interviewing in Guyana when the time comes. If anyone is in the same situation let me know so we can talk. It would be nice to check in with someone else!

In your other post in a different thread I gave instructions on how to complete your profile that each of us has. It's the one that shows in the left column. 

If he is interviewing in Guyana then did you list his address when completing the I-129f? If not how will they know that's where he wants to interview? Also, he must be a resident of that country for him to interview their? Just things to be considering.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
18 минут назад Гринбаум сказал:

Передача материалов дел в NVC из USCIS составляет не менее 30 дней. После получения с NVC номер может быть назначен за 1-30 дней. Просто сказать, что это может быть немного рано, чтобы позвонить.

Ok, wait. We are all set. All documents are prepared😎

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

In your other post in a different thread I gave instructions on how to complete your profile that each of us has. It's the one that shows in the left column. 

If he is interviewing in Guyana then did you list his address when completing the I-129f? If not how will they know that's where he wants to interview? Also, he must be a resident of that country for him to interview their? Just things to be considering.

All Cuban applicants have to interview in Guyana.

1 hour ago, livinginlove said:

All Cuban applicants have to interview in Guyana.

Thank you for the update. Knowing which embassy gives me the necessary answer to which embassy and now here is why. Good luck. I would still recommend changing your profile as the information that anyone provides is going to be geared toward the country. In your case, it's confusing. Do as you please.

Embassy Instructions for Georgetown, Guyana

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/Havana-GEO.pdf#page5

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you Greenbaum!! Very knowledgeable and helpful! I was able to complete the DS-160, pay for the interview and set up the interview with the embassy, make an appointment for ACS and make a medical appointment. I am still waiting for the official letter from the embassy, they stated they received my file on 10/16/19 and it is 10/26/19 and I have not received a letter nor my fiancé. Apparently we need a copy of that invite to interview (along with many other items!) but I heard it can be printed out at the embassy. Challenge is my fiance has medical appointment on Monday at 7am  (he is flying in on Sunday) and needs the letter so he can go through the medical appointment, I hope that not having the letter will not stop him from going through the medical appointment. What are your thoughts?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.