Sarge21555

October 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

721 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, UAreWhatuBecame said:

Thanks. I thought it may be similar with others. 

There in lies the problem when answering questions. If I don't know 100% I don't answer or I refer to a document or website that the OP can contact and read to see if the information answers his questions. I have many of the embassy's P3 letters and there I am able to answer the OP's question. I also keep notes on different nuances for each country. 

Before asking a question that relates to your embassy go to the embassy's website and search or go to your country's sub-forum with others have experience. Sub-forums can be found at the top of the page, blue ribbon, select "forums' and then scroll 3/4 of the page down to find yours. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

6 hours ago, Anthony446 said:

Finally made it to this thread and excited to join this journey with you guys! 

Welcome. Read the PDF from the first entry in this thread.

NOTE:

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

50 minutes ago, MalinB said:

Joining this thread since we got our NOA2 yesterday, October 23rd 😁

Welcome! Please read the pdf from the first entry of this thread. Lots of information to use at this step.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

7 hours ago, GwenM said:

Just received my NOA2! So I have read the PDF, but the link to update the email with NVC is not working for me. Any insights or different links? Thank you!

Worked for me.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

NOTE:

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Worked for me.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

NOTE:

Thanks

@Greenbaum perhaps I’m being a dunce, but when I get to that page it is an ‘Ask NVC’ and you’re supposed to submit questions to NVC. So that is where my confusion is.

1 hour ago, GwenM said:

@Greenbaum perhaps I’m being a dunce, but when I get to that page it is an ‘Ask NVC’ and you’re supposed to submit questions to NVC. So that is where my confusion is.

There is no confusion if you read the entirety of the entry as it says to insert such and such information in the box and send it on to NVC. Please read it carefully as it walks you through with everything you need to add to that box so that you achieve your email registration. 

Don't forget to update your profile.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

26 minutes ago, SP&DT said:

Joining this thread too!

Welcome. Please read the pdf file in the first post on the first page of this thread.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We got our Noa2  approved on 10/3/19  just spoke with NVC today the have received everything from USCIS today    but the're  still processing for the date of SEPT. 23 this week   Any movement forward is always great news   

Hi, Can someone tell me if interviewing in guangzhou, do we submit documents to NVC ONLINE and wait for documents to be qualified as well as send in with P3? Thankyou!

1 hour ago, Alforte05 said:

Hi, Can someone tell me if interviewing in guangzhou, do we submit documents to NVC ONLINE and wait for documents to be qualified as well as send in with P3? Thankyou!

The GUZ P3 is what prevents people in China from getting a head start, they want the instructions page mailed back with the requested documents.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp#KVisaPetitions

P3 Letter for China:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gcrLW0OCkGfdz43tehWNmgDayJUrRTdj/view?usp=sharing

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview. K visa applicants will be notified by the U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview. You cannot schedule your interview appointment till such time as you have been sent the P3 letter from the Embassy and have returned the requested documents. 

Here is some help from other members here on VJ:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/94-china/

And the Portal here on VJ for processing in China and what to expect
http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=China&cty=Guangzhou

and the http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp

Don't waste time while you're waiting for P3, complete DS-160 and print confirmation page. Since you are from China go to the 2nd link below and click immigrant to register under K1 visa. After you register and enter info it should be clear on how to pay fee, make sure you print bank deposit slip. Just follow directions under Nonimmigrant Visa, but make sure when you register K1 is under Immigrant Visa. 

Directions go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-niv-visaapply.asp 

Register(Create Account) https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=China 

After you register make sure to choose K1 visa under Immigrant, it wasn't an option for under non-immigrant. 

Hows that for an answer?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

54 minutes ago, kumbaya said:

finally getting to join this thread! 😎

thank you guys for compiling all this info for us!

Guys?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.