2,997 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Thank you, But you also confuse us, you already got your EAD C31 on hand LOL this is a renewal... You can renew either C09 or C31 you qualify for both, but just renew under one category, Also after VAWA is approved the wait time forย renewal EAD C31 is the same time as a C09. (5-8months)

ย Remember to sent it to Vermont Service Center.ย 

Lol sorry about thatย 

I thought I write renewal, no?ย 

My mind is just everywhere and nowhere,ย lately

sorry should the confusion

2 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

I think you should be fine.

i think mine was an exception.ย 

The lady I spoke to earlier advised to file under the c09 category.ย 

ย 

Do you guys know with if itโ€™s trueย that under certain categories likeย c09 based EADย once we receive the receipt notice, we can use that to showย the employer we automatically getย aย 180 day extension in our work permitย even if we donโ€™t have the physical EADย card on hand yet?ย 

ย 

ย 

Sure your NOA doubles as your 180 days extension! Also your case is not an exception concerning EAD denial...some folks have reported same following issuance of C31 category! Or Greencard approval like I stated earlier..but let's see how mine plays out...not that I need it anyway..๐Ÿ˜Š

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day people, has anyone shipped anything to Vermont via USPS . Whatโ€™s the cheapest rate they have for priority ?ย 

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello

1. I have to ask for the migration documents that he submitted for marriage. To know his US passport.
I do not have his US passport ...
This must be done through FOIA
But I donโ€™t know how to work with this service and where to look for information on this issue.

ย 

2. The psychologist will not give an assessment for me. She said it is forbidden, as disclosure of the patientโ€™s secrets.

ย 

3.ย Police reports that I have - little information for USCIS

ย 

I Do not know how to do properly.
Maybe I need to quit this thing (Case) ...

ย 

Edited by natalysmile

18 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

Sure your NOA doubles as your 180 days extension! Also your case is not an exception concerning EAD denial...some folks have reported same following issuance of C31 category! Or Greencard approval like I stated earlier..but let's see how mine plays out...not that I need it anyway..๐Ÿ˜Š

Things can only get better for all of us, now.

There is no way but up...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, Fishy89 said:

Iam following Vawa group on facebook and visa tracker application ..ย 

iam a February 2018 ย filler and still waiting .. but i saw February , March , aprilย 2018 applicationsย ย that have been approved couple months ago !ย 

when did you file ?ย 
ย 

Dear friends is there someone who applied in April 2018 got approvalย 

32 minutes ago, natalysmile said:

Hello

1. I have to ask for the migration documents that he submitted for marriage. To know his US passport.
But I donโ€™t know how to work with this service and where to look for information on this issue.

ย 

2. The psychologist will not give an assessment for me. She said it is forbidden, as disclosure of the patientโ€™s secrets.

ย 

ย 

ย 

No, donโ€™t give up so quickly. It takes time.ย ย 

ย 

First step is to gather all your documents and prepare the paperwork esp collecting evidence is your top priority. Letter, chats, emails, text msgs, phoneย records, apt lease, photos, tickets, travel records, national IDs or passports, birth and marriage certificates, engagement and wedding photos, shared rent, cell phone, utility, or Internetย bills. Affidavits from friends and family members.ย 

ย 

Next, find an immigration attorney and therapist that you trust.

If you feel overwhelmed, can you reach out to someone in/from yourย community who is/speaks Russian? You can find them through yelp and schedule a consultation via Skype etc.

Find someone with good reviews who is trustworthy and reliable. They are also moreย likely to have connections with therapists and psychologists and give you a referral.ย 

ย 

I think you should first doย some research and book an initialย consultation. Most times itโ€™s free. Then, go from there. See how you feel.ย 

ย 

The payoff will be worth it.ย 

ย 

The therapist should be able toย gather information from you and produce a report that he/she will share with you later on because as a client, you should keep a copy for yourself. Take as much documents as you have with you and give asย many concrete and specific ย examples as you can recall. Providesย him/her with examples of events/incidents that occurred which affected you the most with dates and location (according to your timeline from when and how you met hom

abd how the relationship evolved and how things finally ended ย between you too).ย 

ย 

Since the therapist is private rather thanย court appointed and you have chosen the therapist, it is your right toย ask forย and keep a copy of the report he/she submits with your application.ย 

ย 

I agree it will be more difficult since you are in a diff country/continent altogether. But, donโ€™t give you up so fast. I think you should try and see how things turn out.ย 

ย 

Also, the rules for reporting and guidance onย confidentiality between the therapist and patient are likely to be veryย diff in Russia vs. America.

ย 

If I are in your place, I would find a Russian attorney who speaks my language and understands my needs and ask them if they can suggest/recommend any therapist etc.ย 

ย 

Try and schedule a consultation to find out moreย and ease your mind. Then, seeย how you feel afterwards.ย 

ย 

In NY, there are aย lot on Russian immigration attorneys based in Brooklyn & Queens. I personally donโ€™t know anyone, though, otherwise, I could be of more help to you. Best of luck to you, though!ย 

Edited by namastenyc

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, natalysmile said:

Hello

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

1. You can always substitute his US passport for his birth certificate, voters registration information (if heโ€™s registered to vote as a US citizen ), try vital records online too. You can request his birth records since youโ€™re still married to him legally .ย 
ย 

2. Look for another Psychologist and explain to him / her what you need the reports for, that can substitute for a police report too.ย 
ย 

3. Submit the little police report you have and the texts and mails. That evidence you think is little might be something big for USCIS .ย 
ย 

4. Quitting is for losers. And @natalysmile youโ€™re not a loser. You must fight till the end. Always come here for any questionsย 

57 minutes ago, natalysmile said:

Hello

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Why would you quit ?ย 
You submit what you have ... worst case they deny you - you will appeal again !ย 
read carefully what others wrote to you - very useful information there .

there are ways to prove he is US citizen - you are still married to himย 

there is vital records , Drivers license,ย passport ....ย 

there are several pyschologist who may agree - one refuses , other will agree .

go to a domestic violence shelter in Russia - ask their pyschologist ...

Some pyschologist do Skype sessions - they are from USA ... ask them ...

ย 

yes you need some money to do all thisย 

you will have to work and save some money just for thisย 

but why quitย 

ย 

I donโ€™t understand the quit partย 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, namastenyc said:

Thank you.ย 

ย 

Iโ€™ll doubleย check why why I was not notified.ย 

Thanks.ย 

Dear house I have a question that if you are receiving the work authorization under c31 ie VAWA approved itโ€™s only for work authorization.

But the case is that the c09 work authorization comes with advance parole so even if the VAWA is approved The C09 should not be declined otherwise the petitioner will be declined from the advance parole as well if itโ€™s a combo card.

35 minutes ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear house I have a question that if you are receiving the work authorization under c31 ie VAWA approved itโ€™s only for work authorization.

But the case is that the c09 work authorization comes with advance parole so even if the VAWA is approved The C09 should not be declined otherwise the petitioner will be declined from the advance parole as well if itโ€™s a combo card.

Yes VAWA C31 is just work authorization only! C09 is the combo card and C9 is just the work permit! VAWA C31 is totally different from the EAD under C9 category.. So VAWA approval has nothing to with approving/denying C9 or the combo card..as this category is only through a pending i485..so yes through this route..if the EAD is denied it will only affect the AP if it's a combo card!

So I took everybodyโ€™s advice and asked my lawyer to file my EAD renewal on my own and she was okay with it. Thank you guys! ๐Ÿ˜Š@Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Šย @Shroy123ย @Gogetter18ย @namastenycย @FeDanielaย @sandranjย Any tips or advice on how to do it โœŒ๐Ÿป

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
9 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

If you have pending AOS, you do not need to pay any fee for AP. Just add your i485 receipt

I did that and it was rejected a month back and reason was that I didn't pay the fee

1 minute ago, MGJ_NY said:

So I took everybodyโ€™s advice and asked my lawyer to file my EAD renewal on my own and she was okay with it. Thank you guys! ๐Ÿ˜Š@Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Šย @Shroy123ย @Gogetter18ย @namastenycย @FeDanielaย @sandranjย Any tips or advice on how to do it โœŒ๐Ÿป

Awesome! I believe FeDaniela mentioned all you need in earlier posts..fill out the i765 form print out..copy of i485, two passport style photographs, probably a copy of your govt issued i.d card, fee waiver perhaps..although I've never done it myself, I believe that's about what you'll need..

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.