2,997 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi! I already got my EAD from last yr but it’s expiring on March 2020. So I’m actually thinking on whether to renew it or just wait for my c31 EAD since my lawyer is charging me $925 🙄 How about you? 

I think you should renew on your own, because year 2020 is around the corner, and they still working with late 2017 and beginning of 2018 so is not for sure you will have C31 by than is better to be save and have a valid EAD to continue working.... I think before doing it you should inform your lawyer you can't afford the fee they are charging you and you will be doing it own your own so everything will be clear.

I-765 form is a simple Form, you fill out online and print out, follow USCIS instruction, and sent copy of your I-485 and I-360 and the others requirements to Vermont Service Center. Receipt may go to your lawyers address since is the save address Vermont have, I usually received a copy of everything that is sent to my lawyer as well. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, Dordor1 said:

Hello guys, finally submitted my vawa application. What’s next? Will my attorney receive a notice of receipt? Also, I want to start my divorce? How do I do it without a lawyer?

Yes your attorney will receive the receipt within 10/60 days .

Go to the family court  to get the forms to file for divorce  (pro se packet),read the forms instructions.

1 hour ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi! I already got my EAD from last yr but it’s expiring on March 2020. So I’m actually thinking on whether to renew it or just wait for my c31 EAD since my lawyer is charging me $925 🙄 How about you? 

file it by your own. you do not need an attorney. make sure you use c09 category. and do not pay renewal fee

12 hours ago, Hopenyc said:

I’m Nov 2018 filers. My lawyer submitted only I360 coz I’m in removal proceeding but my case not even file with immigration court. I received NTA with no date set in March 2018. I wait patiently for miracle i360 approval so my lawyer could start to do something with removal proceedings. 

Don't worry my dear..if you read previous threads you'll find out that there were folks in your particular kind of situation who eventually had success stories! I pray with you for a speedy approval..that's the beginning of the turn around!🙏😊

57 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi! I already got my EAD from last yr and it’s expiring on March 2020. Still thinking of renewing it or wait for c31 EAD. Im a sept 2018 filer. When did you file?

Go ahead and renew like I adviced yesterday..you don't know when the i360 will be approved..all the best dear!🙏👍

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

file it by your own. you do not need an attorney. make sure you use c09 category. and do not pay renewal fee

She must inform her  attorney if she will file without her  attorney help  ,because when people submit  something to immigration without their attorneys knowledge most of the attorneys withdraw the   representation .

Edited by sandranj

Hello all,

I hope that you are all doing well. I had 2 follow up questions that I’m unsure about. I would greatly appreciate your feedback. 

1. What does it mean if the request to new EAD under c09 category in the I-765 application was denied? If I file under c31 category now after vawa was approved, is the processing time still 3-6 months or is it longer? I’m not clear on this. 

2. Once the file gets transferred to the local field office, how can I find out exactly which field office is in charge? Is it based on my address/borough residence? Or, is it based on the attorney’s office location, which is in Manhattan, in my case. 

Thank you all for the positive feedback, support and encouragement. I love the positive energy in this forum, thanks to everyone for putting in their time, energy and dedication and for sharing your knowledge and experiences to lift others up. 

Best of luck to everyone on this journey. Remember, you are not alone. 

1 hour ago, MGJ_NY said:

Don’t take a chance and wait for the vawa to be approved and to receive a new work permit under c31 category, the currrnt processing timelines are way too unpredictable. 

The safest option is to just file an application to renew your EAD under c09 category instead. 

1 hour ago, MGJ_NY said:

I would say discuss with your attorney and inform him/her that you prefer to file the

I-765  application to renew your EAD by yourself. The primary reason being the legal expenses associated with going through an attorney. 

2 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

Hello all,

I hope that you are all doing well. I had 2 follow up questions that I’m unsure about. I would greatly appreciate your feedback. 

1. What does it mean if the request to new EAD under c09 category in the I-765 application was denied? If I file under c31 category now after vawa was approved, is the processing time still 3-6 months or is it longer? I’m not clear on this. 

2. Once the file gets transferred to the local field office, how can I find out exactly which field office is in charge? Is it based on my address/borough residence? Or, is it based on the attorney’s office location, which is in Manhattan, in my case. 

Thank you all for the positive feedback, support and encouragement. I love the positive energy in this forum, thanks to everyone for putting in their time, energy and dedication and for sharing your knowledge and experiences to lift others up. 

1. I-765 C09 is base on a pending I-485, if your I-485 is still pending no need for them to deny... (people received both EAD C09 and C31 they are different category) C31 Category is after Vawa approval is taking 18 - 23 months as now as it says on the processing time at USCIS. 

2. Field Office is determine by your address,  you Mention Manhattan it will be at Federal Plaza. 

Hope this help. 

6 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

1. I-765 C09 is base on a pending I-485, if your I-485 is still pending no need for them to deny... (people received both EAD C09 and C31 they are different category) C31 Category is after Vawa approval is taking 18 - 23 months as now as it says on the processing time at USCIS. 

2. Field Office is determine by your address,  you Mention Manhattan it will be at Federal Plaza. 

Hope this help. 

Thank you. 

But, it was denied. Does anyone know if there is any recourse for me? They did not give me a reason. 

My attorney said its it’s only a diff category but work permit is a work permit. 

So if it takes so long to get a new work permit under c31 and c09 was denied after vawa was approved, what can I do to expedite my EAD application? 

Thank you. 

Edited by namastenyc

5 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

Thank you. 

But, it was denied. Does anyone know if there is any recourse for me? They did not give me a reason. 

My attorney said its it’s only a diff category but work permit is a work permit. 

So if it takes so long to get a new work permit under c31 and c09 was denied after vawa was approved, what can I do to expedite my EAD application? 

Thank you. 

Your questions is bit confusing, Your vawa case is approved or not? If is approve than you should apply for C31 category base on your approval if you did not requested when filling I-360 from.

'Usually USCIS does provide your a reason for a denial is on the NOA notice. Did you attorney provide you a copy?  

Do you have a pending I-485..?? 

27 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

Hello all,

Your attorney's address is not always the address that it turns out except it was indicated as such on the i485...your zip code is more reliable..use the USCIS office locator using your zip code! For example I live in Queens but my field office is Long Island..you can find out exactly through your congressperson...that's how I found out mines!💁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.