2,997 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

we cant keep changing lawyers right... plus there is a severe lack of expertise in VAWA. I really believe that this is just misinformation that they do not have time to educate themselves about and remember people, It's hard for people to say they were wrong!   

This makes this platform so much more precious and valuable resource! I am so glad I found this family!! 

You’re definitely right . I knew nothing about vawa, this thread took me in like a family and I appreciate everyone. I’ve only being on here for a month and half . God will see us through . 

9 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

The notification of this post just woke me up and I'm just laughing😄😄 after reading this! @ annoyed look! 👀😏 LOL! My attorney sounds irritated as we mostly do this over the phone ☎ or e-mails! Still she sends it out to NBC! But if I ever need to renew EAD again..I will just do it myself..the sending of course, after requesting the G28 from her! The obvious explanation is that they don't know the first thing about VAWA! 👎😏

If we file for renewal ourselves we need to request G28 from the attorney on the case? What if I didn’t send, Will it get denied? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, flyup123 said:

If we file for renewal ourselves we need to request G28 from the attorney on the case? What if I didn’t send, Will it get denied? Thanks.

I've never done it myself before..but since you're being represented and it's on file at the USCIS end..you should require that! Also my VAWA approval letter states that all further correspondence should include a form G28! Read yours, also the deffered action status..I recall reading it in one of them..a couple of days ago..👍

11 minutes ago, flyup123 said:

Just confirmed it now! It's on the deffered action letter..second to last paragraph..says " If you're represented by an attorney, all further correspondence should be accompanied by a form G28" 💁

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, Screecher said:

So what’s the infopass for ? 

I mean they updated the address - right ? 

So why the infopass now ? 

USCIS cannot confirm over the phone if your address was updated or not, then after the person informs VCS the change of address the person should go to infopass to conform if the address was changed or not because most of the time they don't update the address.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Screecher said:

I wish sandra could be the lawyer for all of us ... I bet we all could have our lives so much easier if we all hired Sandra .... 

I am yet to find any lawyer who is as knowledgeable as Sandra 

Thank you my dear.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Screecher said:

Did you mean “ unlawful status “ ? 

I thought status for all of us is “ pending AOS “ or pending 360 ? 

This info would help us all a lot ? 

It won't hurt  her case what she wrote in the cover letter " ...the I am in the United States as a : NO LAWFUL STATUS. I overtime my B2 visa in my case. EAD is not legal status",   but please do not write  what she wrote  in the  cover because it doesn't make any sense, legally speaking ok.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello my friends.

I got an answer about FOIA
But I still didn’t understand anything ...
Perhaps this applies to requests for videos from the Police (although I gave the police a certified signature)
such an answer

You need to contact USCIS as previously stated in my email regarding NRC2019581749.

Both NRC2019585656 & NRC2019581749 are not perfected FOIA request.

You made an online FOIA/Freedom of Information Act request for your records and created a FIRST account for a digital release of your file. 

The request was closed as it did not include verification of identity from the subject of record.

In accordance with 6 CFR § 5.21, verification of identity consists of a written statement from the records subject stating his/her full name, current address, and date and place of birth. Additionally, the subject of record must sign the written statement and the signature must either be notarized or signed under penalty of perjury.

The G-28 attached to your request provided certification of agreement to release information to you from the records subject and is not consent from the subject to release the records from his file.  This can be done with an executed G-639 or a written statement that is either be notarized or signed under penalty of perjury. You will need to include the Form G-28 AND verification of identity for the subject of record.  Please make a note on your new request that all the required criteria is now being provided an to not duplicate to NRC2019585656.

We are the National Records Center and we provide copies of records for anyone that has filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for their immigration file.  We do not, discuss, advise, adjudicate, make corrections, or make decisions on anything that might be in that file. You may resubmit your request online at www.uscis.gov/FOIA and click the “File Online” button.

If you are not requesting a copy of your file then you may contact your local USCIS office if you are nee.  You may use https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office to find the nearest field office to you. You may also want to call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283.  You can also use https://www.uscis.gov/ .

2 hours ago, Deserteagle said:

It happened 1st, 2nd and 3rd time and you still kept keeping the services of such law firm smh 🤦‍♀️

I had already paid for everything beforehand and it’s not the biggest mistake as long as I can continue to work and taking off an attorney seems like a big mess so unless something really crazy happens I’ll use the attorney 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, flyup123 said:

If you have a lawyer in your case  representing you, then you should file form G28. 

If you are doing it yourself and don’t have a lawyer representing you, then you don’t need the form G28.

Timeline
1 hour ago, sandranj said:

USCIS cannot confirm over the phone if your address was updated or not, then after the person informs VCS the change of address the person should go to infopass to conform if the address was changed or not because most of the time they don't update the address.

True , they usually don’t confirm anything but I spoke to the Officer on the phone and he did confirm my address on file and even told me that my i485 is in Vermont now. 

Timeline
55 minutes ago, sandranj said:

It won't hurt  her case what she wrote in the cover letter " ...the I am in the United States as a : NO LAWFUL STATUS. I overtime my B2 visa in my case. EAD is not legal status",   but please do not write  what she wrote  in the  cover because it doesn't make any sense, legally speaking ok.

Just to not make things confused. I did not write that in my cover letter. 

The Form AR-11 has a question “ I am in the United States as a “

that’s where I wrote 

NO LAWFUL STATUS.

Not in the cover letter. I believe Nonimmigrant is also ok.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, John_ said:

True , they usually don’t confirm anything but I spoke to the Officer on the phone and he did confirm my address on file and even told me that my i485 is in Vermont now. 

But just to remind that I was calling regarding my i485 and not i360. When I submitted my i360 change of address to VSC they sent me a letter confirming. 

Filed: Other Timeline
16 minutes ago, John_ said:

But just to remind that I was calling regarding my i485 and not i360. When I submitted my i360 change of address to VSC they sent me a letter confirming. 

the address you gave me, was that for change of address on the I485? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.