Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I would not use WF either, I was able to add my wife to my B of A account with her SSN under her  maiden name for now but she is on the account. WF heavens no after what they did!

Did you try capital one?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Prizm123 said:

i am not opening up a bank account with some shady people like wells fargo just for this, that would be too fake. she cant get added to my credit union until she gets a TX ID, and well, you know the story on that.

Did you try capital one?

9 minutes ago, Robify said:

Did you try capital one?

No need I used my own bank B of A

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

19 minutes ago, Robify said:

Did you try capital one?

why would i open an account i will never use?

thats also considered a red flag according to some folks

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

1 hour ago, Prizm123 said:

why would i open an account i will never use?

thats also considered a red flag according to some folks

I agree I would think it better to add to a existing account, but joint account is the operative word.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

I agree I would think it better to add to a existing account, but joint account is the operative word.

It's not necessary to have a joint bank account, depending on what other evidence you have.

1 hour ago, Moe428 said:

It's not necessary to have a joint bank account, depending on what other evidence you have.

Most married  couples do have a joint account wouldn't you agree? Of course it's  not necessary, but don't  you want to give yourself every chance at success?

Citizenship Complete!

36 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Most married  couples do have a joint account wouldn't you agree? Of course it's  not necessary, but don't  you want to give yourself every chance at success?

A significant number of them that don't (especially millennials). Me and my wife don't have one, because we never saw the practical point of having one.  It depends on the totality of the circumstances - in other words what other evidence do you have supporting bonafideness of your marriage.   I think for the poster, it might not be a bad idea to create one (and regularly use it) for ROC - that's what I am planning on doing as well, for the reason you mentioned that it will help with USCIS.  But having jointly filed taxes, jointly owned house, joint mortgage etc are a much bigger deal than joint bank accounts IMO.   

Edited by Moe428

27 minutes ago, Moe428 said:

A significant number of them that don't (especially millennials). Me and my wife don't have one, because we never saw the practical point of having one.  It depends on the totality of the circumstances - in other words what other evidence do you have supporting bonafideness of your marriage.   I think for the poster, it might not be a bad idea to create one (and regularly use it) for ROC - that's what I am planning on doing as well, for the reason you mentioned that it will help with USCIS.  But having jointly filed taxes, jointly owned house, joint mortgage etc are a much bigger deal than joint bank accounts IMO.   

I'm not a millennial but I concur with your examples. I stand by my statement about the joint account though.

Citizenship Complete!

3 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I'm not a millennial but I concur with your examples. I stand by my statement about the joint account though.

Don't disagree with you.  It will only help your case.  Looking at the list of evidence provided by the poster, I think it's borderline but he should be fine.

26 minutes ago, Moe428 said:

Don't disagree with you.  It will only help your case.  Looking at the list of evidence provided by the poster, I think it's borderline but he should be fine.

One thing I've  learned dealing with USCIS is you never know lol!

Citizenship Complete!

9 hours ago, Moe428 said:

as soon as we can get a TX ID with the green card she will be added to the credit union account, so thats a non issue.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
22 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

lease

renters insurance

release of information forms for medical insurance

internet bill

medical insurance cards

about 60 pictures

thats what we are bringing. hope its enough.

this is a good list. my car insurance card also shows all authorized drivers, including my wife, so that might be a good add to the above list :)

20 minutes ago, Zoltan K said:

this is a good list. my car insurance card also shows all authorized drivers, including my wife, so that might be a good add to the above list :)

she doesnt know how to drive lol

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

she doesnt know how to drive lol

getting a local driver's license has been a challenge for mine too. she has a valid Thai license, which at least she can use to drive. When first she took the DMV test she failed the max 8 questions around question 12. After that she admitted she didn't understand the  English for most questions. I purchased her an oregon DMV online test, which had a predicted probability to pass the knowledge test and I told her she cannot go again to test until the probability is at 85%. When she reached it (~1.5 months practicing and learning mostly English words), she passed immediately. Now we are waiting for her work authorization card to arrive (approved just Jan 3rd) and with that we can go back, prove her legal presence and then she will be allowed to take the road test, which will be the final step to get her a local driver's license. ....with her married name on it, so finally we can live normal.

It's been a journey for sure :)

Edited by Zoltan K

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.