Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, em001 said:

My husband is a LPR and I am an F1 student. We filed concurrently as F2A visa category is current and I have already done my Biometrics on the 10th of October, but I received an RFIE from USCIS asking to provide evidence that my petitioner is US citizen. Any suggestions on what to do because he isn’t a citizen but a LPR  

Clearly USCIS is wrong - a reviewer not paying attention to the file and just finding an excuse for an RFE without doing homework.  You had every right to make the application as the spouse of a LPR at a time when F2A was current.  I suggest you write back with a photocopy of the front/back of the Green Card and printout of the State Dept visa bulletin page for October showing F2A was current, with a cover letter saying you applied on that basis.  Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Sam.az said:

Woke up to a notification saying I’ll be receiving an RFE , probably this week :( 

Do you have any idea  what its for?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:
1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

Do you have any idea  what its for?

It’s for the I485 but I haven’t received the letter yet.

i’m thinking it could be for the affidavit of support cuz we mistakenly submitted the I 134 instead of the I 864, but let see 

13 hours ago, em001 said:

My husband is a LPR and I am an F1 student. We filed concurrently as F2A visa category is current and I have already done my Biometrics on the 10th of October, but I received an RFIE from USCIS asking to provide evidence that my petitioner is US citizen. Any suggestions on what to do because he isn’t a citizen but a LPR  

The reply that NYJ215 gave you is absolutely right. I am in the exact same position and my lawyer sent the same documents NYJ215 mentioned for my RFIE. I believe the officers have not been trained well as we are in a very peculiar situation and the last time this happened was in 2013. 

Edited by Giftyfromcali

10 hours ago, Ayrton said:

This thread is for K1 and probably most of the people here won't know what to do with your case. Try asking in the right part of the forum.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/130-adjustment-of-status-from-work-student-amp-tourist-visas/

Unfortunately there isn’t many of us and our situation is much closer to yours since we are filing concurrently. 

8 hours ago, nyj215 said:

Clearly USCIS is wrong - a reviewer not paying attention to the file and just finding an excuse for an RFE without doing homework.  You had every right to make the application as the spouse of a LPR at a time when F2A was current.  I suggest you write back with a photocopy of the front/back of the Green Card and printout of the State Dept visa bulletin page for October showing F2A was current, with a cover letter saying you applied on that basis.  Good luck.

Yes,i got legal advice from just answer.immigration law that i should  respond to the RFE" by submitting a letter that states that this is a Petition through a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, copy each of those pages from the I-130 and I-485, highlight those two answers with a highlighter, and submit proof that the Petitioner is a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident and that the Beneficiary was maintaining legal status on the day that the I-130 and I-485 were filed."...This was done last night and sent via Fedex this morning... I went ahead to submit my I-20 as proof that i have maintained legal status up till date.....*fingers crossed*

10 minutes ago, Giftyfromcali said:

The reply that NYJ215 gave you is absolutely right. I am in the exact same position and sent of the same documents they mentioned for my RFIE. I believe the officers have not been trained well as we are in a very peculiar situation and the last time this happened was in 2013. 

Have they received your RFIE

26 minutes ago, em001 said:

Have they received your RFIE

It was delivered yesterday but have not received an update on my USCIS tracking app. I assume it’ll take a few days for them to update that. 

I’ll let you know if I get any updates ! 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 11/12/2019 at 9:48 AM, Trinidemfinn said:

Hello there we also received an RFE requesting for my petitioner’s latest tax return which I believe, we included it when we sent our docs but for some reason it went missing :( we just sent it to them yesterday. 

Any update on your RFE?

Received RFE in the mail yesterday dated from 6th. Needing to provide further tax information and a joint sponsor. After a small cry, I'm getting a new i-864 prepared for our friend to act as joint sponsor. Onward!

This may be a dumb question, but I see a lot of people needing joint sponsors all of a sudden. How were they able to pass the k1 interview with the same financials as they have now? Also, what happens if someone can’t get a co-sponsor? Do they deport the spouse? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, thausa said:

Sorry, might be a dumb question but What is long form birth certificate? 

it's the version that has both parents, location of hospital where birth took place, and a signature of the mother and doctor. The short form just has the names and city where person was born 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

This may be a dumb question, but I see a lot of people needing joint sponsors all of a sudden. How were they able to pass the k1 interview with the same financials as they have now? Also, what happens if someone can’t get a co-sponsor? Do they deport the spouse? 

I have the same joint sponsor as I did for the K1 process, and I sent in the exact same tax information which is what he got when he filed, but I got an RFE saying I needed more information which seems to be what a lot of people have gotten. There is a difference in income requirements which could be why some people didn't need one until now. If they can't find a joint sponsor, they'll be declared a public charge and be denied their adjustment. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.