*Rachel*

Affidavit of Support - Wet signature

12 posts in this topic

Hi folks, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I'm trying to figure things out!

I noticed the affidavit of support that you have to take with you to the embassy for the K1 visa must have a "wet signature" - does that mean I have to ask my fiancé to fill the forms out, sign them and post them to me, or can he just scan his wet signed forms and send them via email? Anything that involves the post worries the heck out of me because you all know what our post system is like (I sent him passport photos in February and they took almost 3 weeks to arrive, I think they were held in customs?? like...they're photos...why? 😩) but if that's the way it must be done, so be it. If anyone could let me know I'd be very grateful! x

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 minutes ago, *Rachel* said:

I noticed the affidavit of support that you have to take with you to the embassy for the K1 visa must have a "wet signature" -

Where does it say that?

The embassy in London has accepted scans of signed forms. In my opinion, a proper scan on a flatbed scanner saved to a PDF file, is a much better choice than taking a photo of a document with your smart phone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
25 minutes ago, *Rachel* said:

Hi folks, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I'm trying to figure things out!

I noticed the affidavit of support that you have to take with you to the embassy for the K1 visa must have a "wet signature" - does that mean I have to ask my fiancé to fill the forms out, sign them and post them to me, or can he just scan his wet signed forms and send them via email? Anything that involves the post worries the heck out of me because you all know what our post system is like (I sent him passport photos in February and they took almost 3 weeks to arrive, I think they were held in customs?? like...they're photos...why? 😩) but if that's the way it must be done, so be it. If anyone could let me know I'd be very grateful! x

If you are not sure I would call/e-mail the embassy. It most likely depends on the embassy if they accept the scanned ones or they want it with "wet signature". When I went thru the process I called the embassy and they confirmed that a copy suffice.

Good luck at your interview!

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, *Rachel* said:

Wet signature means original.

We don’t use the postal service for these types of documents.

DHL or Fedex is usually quick and reliable.

I was sure it said something about it having to be wet signed on the main stickied forum topic about K1 on this board? 

Anyway, this is all really helpful! I'll ask the embassy to be sure and then make sure Kev gets it done ASAP! I just booked my interview for 27th Sept!! AHH

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
50 minutes ago, *Rachel* said:

I was sure it said something about it having to be wet signed on the main stickied forum topic about K1 on this board? 

Anyway, this is all really helpful! I'll ask the embassy to be sure and then make sure Kev gets it done ASAP! I just booked my interview for 27th Sept!! AHH

Those pinned threads are extremely out of date, and I wish they could be unpinned.

You can have him scan his form and email it, then put it in the regular mail to you. If it doesn't arrive, you have the scan. I do know London has been okay with scanned.

I have my interview tomorrow and have the original affidavit and a copy - however, as the original is signed in black ink and the photocopier used was a really good one, the original and the copy are identical - it’s impossible to tell which one actually is the original 😆🤷🏻‍♀️ - but I don’t think it really matters. I’ll be giving them both and they can look at/take whichever they want 🙃.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 9/9/2019 at 10:23 AM, Zoeeeeeee said:

I have my interview tomorrow and have the original affidavit and a copy - however, as the original is signed in black ink and the photocopier used was a really good one, the original and the copy are identical - it’s impossible to tell which one actually is the original 😆🤷🏻‍♀️ - but I don’t think it really matters. I’ll be giving them both and they can look at/take whichever they want 🙃.

Hi Any update on whether it mattered if it was original or not?

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, celene0220 said:

Hi Any update on whether it mattered if it was original or not?

Thanks!

The guy who took my documents really wasn’t bothered 🙃

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

They didn't even take my printed I-864, I had a copy with a 'wet' signature printed on  Letter Paper and two signed-scanned-printed copies on A4. The document collector didn't any of them. Barely looked it at it on CEAC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.