Galina&Abdo

Red flags for CR1 visa

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Galina&Abdo said:

RJandHamid no we didn’t submit the I-130 yet ! 

Might be a good idea to submit after that second visit, then plan to submit more at the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Galina&Abdo said:

Carmel34 thanks for responding! Yes I was in Morocco for 1 month now I’m going in October for 11 days and probably next year I will go few more times ! I also want  to be there for his interview! But how did you get bank accounts together since he was in Brazil and you were here in USA? 

We did not have any joint bank accounts, but I was able to add him as an authorized user on my credit card account and he used it for a few monthly expenses, we submitted those statements with the I-130 application package.  Also I added him as beneficiary on all my financial accounts, bank account, retirement account, life insurance, and added him to my health insurance and dental insurance with no SSN.  He was added as my emergency contact and spouse with my HR department at work.  I also did a will naming him as beneficiary and a living will if I am unable to make health decisions on my own, things like that were possible to do living in different countries.  We filed 2018 US taxes as married filing jointly with a W-7 applying for an ITIN for my husband.  Good luck!

I agree - more face-to-face time before submitting the I-130 would be beneficial.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

17 hours ago, Galina&Abdo said:

How someone will tell me when I should get marry and if I’m really in love !

This is not the purview of US immigration or anyone else.  You are free to marry anyone, anywhere in the world where it is allowed.   Still have to follow the rules to bring that person to the US.

15 hours ago, Galina&Abdo said:

It’s soo sad that someone else will decide if my marriage is real or not ! This is so personal and I feel violated but I  know it’s not only me ! 

Really?  You feel violated?  But marrying someone in another country was your choice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Galina&Abdo said:

JeanneAdil what is POA I’m not familiar with this abbreviation! ! 

Power of attorney 

Adil had one made up in Arabic and translated into English

If you plan to marry in Morocco check out the needed documents and costs on embassy web page to marry

https://ma.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/marriage-information/

give a minimum of 3 weeks to complete / more than that is really great

FYI  when asked about children,  he should not say "we can adopt "   thinking it helps to  get approval  but it doesn't.   since he is not here yet and will still undergo a long process,  adoption is almost impossible/  i have seen others say this but the embassy knows the following:   you have to prove a long and lasting relationship to adopt ,  and the process takes almost 3 years putting you over 50.   just make sure he concentrates on you and him

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

People tend to get over excited, obviously can get married can live together, just a question of where, or more exactly where not.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
18 hours ago, Galina&Abdo said:

Hi everyone, my names is Galina and I have few questions about the red flags ! I met my husband last September online ! I visited him April and we got married May 17, 2019. So we got married on the first visit ! My divorce was finalized April 25, I’m older than my husband 11years ( he is 36 and I’m 47). He is Muslim I’m a Christian. I’m originally from Bulgaria but I live in USA almost 18 years ! I’m a nurse obviously I have degree , soo all this it’s seems to be red flags ! I’m very concerned about that ! We just got all our documents needed for I-130 ., and I hire a law company  for that ! I did ask the paralegal what will happen if we are not approved but I didn’t ask about the red flags and how we can overcome the issues ! So I’m very frustrated because I was married for a man with the same background as mine and the same religion and nationality and it end up in divorce and now when I found the person that I love and care about ,they will tell me “oh all your marriage is RED FLAG because is not in the norms “ ! I mean norms in terms of what it’s supposed to be a norm for falling in love and when you should get married! Absurd!!! How someone will tell me when I should get marry and if I’m really in love ! It’s frustrating! I’m asking if anyone have the same experience as mine and how was it ? 

Thanks and apologies for the long post ! 

Hi.  Morocco is difficult, however there are things you can do to prepare for the big day, interview.  Your age difference is not so bad, although not having the same faith or belief might be a problem.  A suggestion is to make certain both of your family have given you their blessings.  Have pictures of family & friends, chat logs, everything that proves you are a genuine couple who loves each other.  Also, it's always good to have a couple of letters from family or friends who approve of your relationship.  I wish you the best & a speedy process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, Boiler said:

Perhaps he could complete his education in the mean time?

yes,  tell him to enroll as education is free

also,  tell (help him if you must) get a driving license there to learn how to handle a car

you know most of have to drive here unless living in a big city but even those are expensive to use bus and subways and trains daily to work

i looked into driving lessons here (relatively cheap state to live in) and it would be $85 an hour so i gladly paid the $250 for him  to learn to handle a car there/  saved me money in the long run

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jorgedig we talked about children and he is ok not having any but I’m sure he will be happy to have a child together so we will try ! 

1 minute ago, Galina&Abdo said:

Jorgedig we talked about children and he is ok not having any but I’m sure he will be happy to have a child together so we will try ! 

Anticipate being asked about that at the interview. It is something they have done before.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

PandT yes Morocco is difficult ! I did hire law firm for that ! I follow a suggestion from this website and I just added him as a authorized use to my credit card! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.