Mrs Thor

Request for Initial Evidence ADVICE

15 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone! I just need someone to tell me that everything is alright with my husband and i's application. 

We just got a mail from the USCIS of a Request for Initial Evidence. What we're mad and frustrated about is that they're asking for A COPY OF MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE in which I do have a duplicate of what we sent to them and we did send them a copy of my birth certificate. We followed everything they asked from us. Are they doing this to make our application long or THEY'RE NOT JUST DOING THEIR JOB? I hope they're taught how to read (in which they should because they're supposed to be smart people working for the immigration). Also, I do not need to translate my birth certificate because it's already written in English. Ughhhh. I am just so frustrated right now because we did send them more evidences as we could. We would still send them ANOTHER copy of my birth certificate along my college transcripts tomorrow.

In line with this, does this affect the timeline of the process of my application? I am really bored staying at home and I do want to have my employment authorization already so that I can start working. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

They need a photocopy of an actual "certified copy" of your birth certificate.  Front and back if there is anything on the back.  You may have sent something else, or they may have lost it.  Just send the correct document and you'll have a decision within a few weeks.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

They need a photocopy of an actual "certified copy" of your birth certificate.  Front and back if there is anything on the back.  You may have sent something else, or they may have lost it.  Just send the correct document and you'll have a decision within a few weeks.

This.

Now I actually didn't sent any photocopy of the birth certificate, I sent the original and they sent it back.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-...]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Since the OP is worried about work authorization, it would appear this is not a visa case.  It's adjusting status.  Answer is the same as to the RFE though.  Typically, an RFE on the I-130 would have no impact on the EAD or Advance Parole.  They still take about six months.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

*** Moved to  "Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas"

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

10 hours ago, pushbrk said:

I really did send a photocopy of an actual "certified copy" of my birth certificate. I triple checked it and my husband triple checked it before we sent. Like I said we have a duplicate of what the packet looks like so we know what we sent, but yes, we will still send the document and I'll include my college transcripts (school records with my birth date and parents name), just to be very sure. Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We had a similar issue. We received an RFIE for my USC husband's proof of citizenship when we already sent them a copy of his birth certificate. Our lawyers were confused as well.
We just resent the same copy, with a copy of his passport, and didn't have any problem.

57 minutes ago, Mrs Thor said:

I really did send a photocopy of an actual "certified copy" of my birth certificate. I triple checked it and my husband triple checked it before we sent. Like I said we have a duplicate of what the packet looks like so we know what we sent, but yes, we will still send the document and I'll include my college transcripts (school records with my birth date and parents name), just to be very sure. Thank you!

sometimes forms and documents are misplaced, it's a pain, it's an inconvenience but better to respond with what they want in a timely manner than to argue ineptitude on their, in the end, you still have to provide it. Good luck!

1 hour ago, alam said:

We had a similar issue. We received an RFIE for my USC husband's proof of citizenship when we already sent them a copy of his birth certificate. Our lawyers were confused as well.
We just resent the same copy, with a copy of his passport, and didn't have any problem.

Thank you for this! I will make sure to send a copy of my passport as well including my birth certificate and my school records. 

1 hour ago, Randyandyuni said:

sometimes forms and documents are misplaced, it's a pain, it's an inconvenience but better to respond with what they want in a timely manner than to argue ineptitude on their, in the end, you still have to provide it. Good luck!

True! Was frustrated the first time we read the letter, but we gotta do what we gonna do instead of complaining. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Wierobles said:

Did you submit the birth certificate issued by the National Statistics Office or NSO?

Yes, that's what I submitted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
8 hours ago, Mrs Thor said:

Thank you for this! I will make sure to send a copy of my passport as well including my birth certificate and my school records. 

School records won’t be accepted as proof of citizenship. Anyone can go to school citizen or not. You can send both a photocopy (front and back if there’s anything on the back) of your birth certificate AND your passport if you want, but it would be excessive IMO as only 1 proof of citizenship is required. Also if you submit photocopies of your passport you have to include every page 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

2 hours ago, LilyJ said:

School records won’t be accepted as proof of citizenship. Anyone can go to school citizen or not. You can send both a photocopy (front and back if there’s anything on the back) of your birth certificate AND your passport if you want, but it would be excessive IMO as only 1 proof of citizenship is required. Also if you submit photocopies of your passport you have to include every page 

The letter from USCIS specifically stated that I can send my school records listing with my parents' name and my date of birth. I believe the USCIS didn't need for to send a copy of every page in my passport. You gotta read and be careful what you tell to the people who needs help here in Visa Journey because your advice can cause more problems to their problem. 

On 8/26/2019 at 12:34 AM, Mrs Thor said:

Hi, everyone! I just need someone to tell me that everything is alright with my husband and i's application. 

We just got a mail from the USCIS of a Request for Initial Evidence. What we're mad and frustrated about is that they're asking for A COPY OF MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE in which I do have a duplicate of what we sent to them and we did send them a copy of my birth certificate. We followed everything they asked from us. Are they doing this to make our application long or THEY'RE NOT JUST DOING THEIR JOB? I hope they're taught how to read (in which they should because they're supposed to be smart people working for the immigration). Also, I do not need to translate my birth certificate because it's already written in English. Ughhhh. I am just so frustrated right now because we did send them more evidences as we could. We would still send them ANOTHER copy of my birth certificate along my college transcripts tomorrow.

In line with this, does this affect the timeline of the process of my application? I am really bored staying at home and I do want to have my employment authorization already so that I can start working. 

Not worried about it because they want delay your case that happens with everybody and this problems have a name , this name is Stephen Miller he is a person order to delay all case 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.