Jump to content
TBoneTX

Spare the Angst Over the 'Public Charge' Rule

25 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Clearly stated, it appears.  Observations?

Quote

Spare the Angst Over the 'Public Charge' Rule

Rachel Bovard - August 17th, 2019

 

The Trump Administration is continuing to take steps to enforce existing immigration laws.  And the response from the Left and the mainstream media (at this point, one and the same) has been what you’d expect.

 

Earlier in the week, [...]

 

Continues here: https://amgreatness.com/2019/08/17/spare-the-angst-over-the-public-charge-rule/
 

 

 

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, but it's causing everyone to freak.


06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TB: If you browse through the thread where there are a lot of freakouts, angst, confusion, and panic - you'd see my thoughts. It's relatively unchanged since I originally brought up some concerns with the wording of the policy when it was in it's first draft stages. They do admit that the majority of those that cared enough to put (and if you read them valid points and questions) to the USCIS/DHS at the time were negative in opinion - not to the principles of self sufficiency but to how it was being implemented and the use of troubling overreach and language.

 

It is always firmly my opinion that immigration rules belong in the hands of congress, there it is not catered to by the whims of an administration - which can easily change the rules without a lot of thought into the process when the next administration arrives on the scene. The concerning and intentionally confusing language of months ago is still there, and there is still inherent overreach of 'big brother' becoming a little too involved in the lives and choices of its citizenry.  

 

It may indeed reduce visas to many persons who were not self sufficient for their spouse's care, but neither were actually relying on benefits or doing anything amiss or illegal.

 

It may indeed reduce visas to those intending to already do illegal things. But research definitely shows it will do a lot of damage in other ways, while at the same time not addressing critical issues, and perhaps increasing it - illegal immigration and backlog. It does not clarify the process. It does not make it easier or fair. It makes it more burdensome and increases the involvement of government in our lives. From a libertarian perspective, these are not things I take lightly.


K-1 - AOS & ROC Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

 

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo) 8/13/18 (18 mo)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 - Error will need to file I90 >_<

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

TB: If you browse through the thread where there are a lot of freakouts, angst, confusion, and panic - you'd see my thoughts. It's relatively unchanged since I originally brought up some concerns with the wording of the policy when it was in it's first draft stages. They do admit that the majority of those that cared enough to put (and if you read them valid points and questions) to the USCIS/DHS at the time were negative in opinion - not to the principles of self sufficiency but to how it was being implemented and the use of troubling overreach and language.

 

It is always firmly my opinion that immigration rules belong in the hands of congress, there it is not catered to by the whims of an administration - which can easily change the rules without a lot of thought into the process when the next administration arrives on the scene. The concerning and intentionally confusing language of months ago is still there, and there is still inherent overreach of 'big brother' becoming a little too involved in the lives and choices of its citizenry.  

 

It may indeed reduce visas to many persons who were not self sufficient for their spouse's care, but neither were actually relying on benefits or doing anything amiss or illegal.

 

It may indeed reduce visas to those intending to already do illegal things. But research definitely shows it will do a lot of damage in other ways, while at the same time not addressing critical issues, and perhaps increasing it - illegal immigration and backlog. It does not clarify the process. It does not make it easier or fair. It makes it more burdensome and increases the involvement of government in our lives. From a libertarian perspective, these are not things I take lightly.

This rule has been in place for many many years. Not so whim of Trump's

 

unlike the Dreamer EO that Obama did after congress flatly did not pass that into law. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

This rule has been in place for many many years. Not so whim of Trump's

 

unlike the Dreamer EO that Obama did after congress flatly did not pass that into law. 

EOs and other administration maneuvering is no way to govern.

The rule has been in place yes. But not how it is defined, nor the new ways of paperwork burdens, restrictions, and government involvement in our lives.


K-1 - AOS & ROC Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

 

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo) 8/13/18 (18 mo)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 - Error will need to file I90 >_<

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, yuna628 said:

EOs and other administration maneuvering is no way to govern.

The rule has been in place yes. But not how it is defined, nor the new ways of paperwork burdens, restrictions, and government involvement in our lives.

The only thing that I am not in agreement with in regards to this new rule is the credit score for the beneficiary. The rest of it is ok by me but I do wish it could have gone through Congress but we both know that it would never ever get passed. 

 

But it does make me laugh when I hear politicians like Gavin Newsom say that this new rule is racist because it just shows that the race angle is all they got. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2019 at 12:03 AM, yuna628 said:

EOs and other administration maneuvering is no way to govern.

The rule has been in place yes. But not how it is defined, nor the new ways of paperwork burdens, restrictions, and government involvement in our lives.

When is the last time Congress passed any meaningful immigration measures.  Both side like the political football for their various reasons.  Additionally, any law passed by Congress is always going to face enforcement interpretations based on the current Executive Branch.


Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

When is the last time Congress passed any meaningful immigration measures.  Both side like the political football for their various reasons.  Additionally, any law passed by Congress is always going to face enforcement interpretations based on the current Executive Branch.

You mean like the current admin trying to enforce decades-old laws, but getting hampered at every turn?  I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

When is the last time Congress passed any meaningful immigration measures.  Both side like the political football for their various reasons.  Additionally, any law passed by Congress is always going to face enforcement interpretations based on the current Executive Branch.

A lot of things shouldn't be political footballs.


K-1 - AOS & ROC Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

 

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo) 8/13/18 (18 mo)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 - Error will need to file I90 >_<

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yuna628 said:

A lot of things shouldn't be political footballs.

Like legal immigration, time frame for ROC is now up to 19-24 months at Nebraska Service Center, focus on legal paying customers over line jumpers ...


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Randyandyuni said:

Like legal immigration, time frame for ROC is now up to 19-24 months at Nebraska Service Center, focus on legal paying customers over line jumpers ...

That is so crazy! When we went through ROC in 2013, it took about 3 months at the California Service Center, if I recall correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, laylalex said:

That is so crazy! When we went through ROC in 2013, it took about 3 months at the California Service Center, if I recall correctly. 

It was 9 months in 2015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

It was 9 months in 2015

In 2011 from the time I filed K1 to she arrived in ATL was on 4.5 months.

 Recent citizenship took almost 1.5 years.

 

Trump has ruined America 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

In 2011 from the time I filed K1 to she arrived in ATL was on 4.5 months.

 Recent citizenship took almost 1.5 years.

 

Trump has ruined America 

Lol, maybe! :lol: 

 

My ex's citizenship back in 2017 (I think) took way less than a year, maybe seven months? I dunno, I was glad to have the I-864 be over and done with. Congrats to you and your wife though. :) 

18 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

It was 9 months in 2015

That's too long too. I'm not looking forward to going through AOS again, I hear it takes forever now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...