billding

Seeing a civil surgeon after entry as k1?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Only problem with this is finding a civil Surgeon that is willing to just transcribe the vaccination records. 90 plus percent of them will require you to do a full medical exam again at a cost of 300 plus dollars. Some will just do a transcribe for around 100 bucks, if you can find them. I was thinking we might have needed to do another medical also coming on the K-1, but since everything was marked complete on the DS-3025, I just sent in copies of that. I will return as soon as the AOS interview is complete ( Early next year) and update this post with my results, but as stated, you may find someone with an recent AOS interview that can post on this.

We only sent in copies of my wifes completed DS3025 with our AOS from when she had her medical done in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Nothing was asked of at the AOS interview as far as medical. Verbally approved at interview. As far as we know the 1 year rule stands. Thats all you should have to worry about.

As long as you arrive with a DS3025 from her over seas medical, all will be fine. Yes they will give her a copy.

Best of luck.

20 hours ago, geowrian said:

I get that, but then I will refer to the I-693 instructions again. What parts get filled out if there is a properly completed and submitted DS-3025 already? What if there is not? It kinda sounds like it would be the same sections (since no new medical is needed), but the instructions only describe what happens if there is an incomplete or missing DS-3025? That's....incredible unusual to put in the instructions (if a then b && if ~a then also b).

Edit: Also, how long has it been this way? The VJ AOS from K-1 instructions should have been updated for this if that was the case.

I know when we submitted our AOS in late 2017, we only used the copy of the DS-3025 (no I-693). That was under 2 years ago (I'm not saying it couldn't have changed, but it's not that long ago either and this is fairly significant and the first I have ever heard of it).

I had always thought that this part below: 

"If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will need to have the Part 10.Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon."

is determined via the checked mark n DS3025 that shows complete. 

Like geowrian, I did my AOS too back in 2017. My medical vaccinations was less than one year by then and so I only submitted a copy of DS 3025. My AOS processing took a while. The vaccination was already more than a year when my GC was produced. Gladly, no RFEs.

ds3095.jpg

Pinoy Ako! ^_^

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I will share our experience  with "civil surgeon" so far before the interview. Our DS-3025 for K-1 visa was not marked vaccination requirement are complete. 

jvPTgoJ.jpg?1

After calling a number of them from USCIS websites, and getting nowhere (quite a few responses along the line "we haven't been doing this for 5 years, why are you calling us?") I managed to find one that actually had e-mail listed on his personal site, that looked like it belongs on geocities. @gmail.com e-mail address, very professional.
We e-mailed him the image above, to ask what is missing, if anything. Response was "only Tdap" To be clear we had no letters from USCIS about needing completed I-693 or anything at all along those lines, and we sent that same DS-3025 to them. Case status was "Ready to schedule"
I've asked what would be involved in getting Tdap, he states "$40 for me to write prescription, then whatever else pharmacy will charge, but I will transcribe it if you bring me a record from another doctor or pharmacy" Luckily, we were able to get SSN and get added to insurance, so we went to family doc who gave painful Tdap right there and printed out a paper to that effect. 

We went to civil surgeon "Come after 4pm ok!" Tiny 2 room office, it is just him there, nobody else. Explained we only need part 10 of I-693 completed, the vaccination part. He assures us it will get refused, because we need X-Rays, blood, urine etc. We press,  he relents and says he will do it for $115 US. We agree, he looks at DS-3025 again and says "Oh, you also missing 2nd dose of MMR!" and "you need flu!"
We point out that flu is not in season yet. He seems to think otherwise. I am pretty sure he is wrong about 2nd dose of MMR, as for the purposes of I-693 one doze is enough, and regardless, she didn't have "MMR" but instead 3 individual vaccines, and measles one was given twice indeed. But I feel like this argument is a loss for us, since it is medical in nature, so we schlep back to Family Doc, who gives MMR script, that is fulfilled by local CVS. 

Back to "Civil Surgeon" Since it was couple days now, he is satisfied with MMR and he forgets about flu, and correctly marks it as out of season. He emphatically keeps telling us all through out the process that we will denied to other parts of I-693 being incomplete (cost of those is $400) To get a copy of them is another $30 (but we are allowed to take pictures with mobile phone for free) We verbally acknowledge his warnings, and eventually he hands us complete sealed packet with couple more warnings "You open, I will reseal $115, not negotiable!" "You put it into mail it will return to me! You want it back $115!"

Our current plan is to bring sealed I-693 to interview (less than a month from this post) but not bring it up UNLESS they mention a problem with vaccination requirements from the oversea medical. 
I guess we will see how it goes. I will try to remember to return to this thread with an update. 

Yup, dealing with a CS for vaccinations only is a akin to a slow torture. Whenever at all possible (I understand it's not always possible, such as if one is pregnant), get everything done with the panel physician. Then make sure it marked completed and make sure you get a copy.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

On 8/17/2019 at 3:13 PM, payxibka said:

Why not get an answer from someone who recently was approved, that is your best source 

🙋‍♀️

Original medical date July 14th, 2018.

Completed all vaccines abroad and DS3025 marked as complete.

Submitted I485 on Oct 22nd, 2018. So I complied with one year filing requirement.

No I693 or vaccination section of I693.

No Civil Surgeon.

Approved for AOS from K1 Visa status on June 17th, 2019 at ATL FO.

On 8/18/2019 at 6:03 PM, Shiran said:

I will share our experience  with "civil surgeon" so far before the interview. Our DS-3025 for K-1 visa was not marked vaccination requirement are complete. 

jvPTgoJ.jpg?1

After calling a number of them from USCIS websites, and getting nowhere (quite a few responses along the line "we haven't been doing this for 5 years, why are you calling us?") I managed to find one that actually had e-mail listed on his personal site, that looked like it belongs on geocities. @gmail.com e-mail address, very professional.
We e-mailed him the image above, to ask what is missing, if anything. Response was "only Tdap" To be clear we had no letters from USCIS about needing completed I-693 or anything at all along those lines, and we sent that same DS-3025 to them. Case status was "Ready to schedule"
I've asked what would be involved in getting Tdap, he states "$40 for me to write prescription, then whatever else pharmacy will charge, but I will transcribe it if you bring me a record from another doctor or pharmacy" Luckily, we were able to get SSN and get added to insurance, so we went to family doc who gave painful Tdap right there and printed out a paper to that effect. 

We went to civil surgeon "Come after 4pm ok!" Tiny 2 room office, it is just him there, nobody else. Explained we only need part 10 of I-693 completed, the vaccination part. He assures us it will get refused, because we need X-Rays, blood, urine etc. We press,  he relents and says he will do it for $115 US. We agree, he looks at DS-3025 again and says "Oh, you also missing 2nd dose of MMR!" and "you need flu!"
We point out that flu is not in season yet. He seems to think otherwise. I am pretty sure he is wrong about 2nd dose of MMR, as for the purposes of I-693 one doze is enough, and regardless, she didn't have "MMR" but instead 3 individual vaccines, and measles one was given twice indeed. But I feel like this argument is a loss for us, since it is medical in nature, so we schlep back to Family Doc, who gives MMR script, that is fulfilled by local CVS. 

Back to "Civil Surgeon" Since it was couple days now, he is satisfied with MMR and he forgets about flu, and correctly marks it as out of season. He emphatically keeps telling us all through out the process that we will denied to other parts of I-693 being incomplete (cost of those is $400) To get a copy of them is another $30 (but we are allowed to take pictures with mobile phone for free) We verbally acknowledge his warnings, and eventually he hands us complete sealed packet with couple more warnings "You open, I will reseal $115, not negotiable!" "You put it into mail it will return to me! You want it back $115!"

Our current plan is to bring sealed I-693 to interview (less than a month from this post) but not bring it up UNLESS they mention a problem with vaccination requirements from the oversea medical. 
I guess we will see how it goes. I will try to remember to return to this thread with an update. 

so you sent  the ds 3025 as is and got to the point of the interview? i wonder if its something they dont really check too thoroughly since it seems they want to get these done faster now.... i am wondering if i have enough time to get the vaccinations done after she is on my insurance and whether this white packet will fit in the manila envelope... pretty much everything is done, just need to get a few more certified copies of the marriage licence, and ideally would have it done and sent before Sept 9

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
2 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

so you sent  the ds 3025 as is and got to the point of the interview? i wonder if its something they dont really check too thoroughly since it seems they want to get these done faster now.... i am wondering if i have enough time to get the vaccinations done after she is on my insurance and whether this white packet will fit in the manila envelope... pretty much everything is done, just need to get a few more certified copies of the marriage licence, and ideally would have it done and sent before Sept 9

Yes, we send DS-3025 as is (you don't really have to send it IMO, there is a copy of it inside the sealed packet that was collected from her at POE) and there were NO requests for medical. Out Interview is scheduled but we didn't have it yet. I will report how it goes. 

3 hours ago, Shiran said:

Yes, we send DS-3025 as is (you don't really have to send it IMO, there is a copy of it inside the sealed packet that was collected from her at POE) and there were NO requests for medical. Out Interview is scheduled but we didn't have it yet. I will report how it goes. 

thanks, its good to know. I am going to try and get the vaccinations updated asap anyways if I have time and an agreeable civil surgeon just to be sure in case there is an RFE or asked at the interview then.

did you send certified marriage license or just a regular photocopy? I can get certified but i dont know how long they will take and i want to send this packet

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

did you send certified marriage license or just a regular photocopy? I can get certified but i dont know how long they will take and i want to send this packet

We ordered several certified copies (for $15 a pop) right away. They were ready less than a week after marriage. We send certified copy with I-485, and photocopies of it with I-131 and I-765 which I don't think was really needed, but why the heck not. Did you only order one certified copy? Description implies that photocopy of certified copy should be fine but we erred on the side of caution. 

we just got the actual license in the mail with the seal affixed and we have several photocopies of that which we are also sending with the EAD and AP forms, i am going Monday in person to request 3 certified copies and see how long it will take to send and that way we also have backups if needed for anything else coming up. already working on the comingling and will be able to add her to bank accounts as soon as we get her name changed with SSA and get her a REALID Identification card since she doesnt know how to drive

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

Hello guys! 

Well, I admit that this part about having some parts of I-693 filled out or not is puzzling me. 

The more I read, the more confused I get.

I came on a K1 Visa.

I am ready to file my AOS

I have the DS 3025 and I’m still confused if I should forward only this DS 3024 or if I need to include any parts of I-693 form. 

Jesus Christ!

This one has been tricky for me.

I’d very much appreciate a concise response of someone who recently filed the AOS to guide me.

Thanks a million. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Mazzie said:

Hello guys! 

Well, I admit that this part about having some parts of I-693 filled out or not is puzzling me. 

The more I read, the more confused I get.

I came on a K1 Visa.

I am ready to file my AOS

I have the DS 3025 and I’m still confused if I should forward only this DS 3024 or if I need to include any parts of I-693 form. 

Jesus Christ!

This one has been tricky for me.

I’d very much appreciate a concise response of someone who recently filed the AOS to guide me.

Thanks a million. 

Read the instructions to the I693 paying close attention to the section on K visas.  The answer is there

YMMV

Timeline
23 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

we just got the actual license in the mail with the seal affixed and we have several photocopies of that which we are also sending with the EAD and AP forms, i am going Monday in person to request 3 certified copies and see how long it will take to send and that way we also have backups if needed for anything else coming up. already working on the comingling and will be able to add her to bank accounts as soon as we get her name changed with SSA and get her a REALID Identification card since she doesnt know how to drive

If your registrar is anything like the one here in CA, they literally print them out on a fancy paper right there and then, with no waiting. 

that would be ideal if it was the same.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.