laylalex

SoulCycle hit with Bay Area-fueled backlash over chairman’s Trump fundraiser: ‘A lot of women are going to be outraged’

55 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

I don't get it either. I'll stick with yoga, walking/hiking, and pilates. Dancing video games with calorie counters are also pretty fun and do work well. Unless you're really big into training... the fees are ridiculous.

I have to say, Equinox is super nice, and the facilities are excellent, definitely better than the LA Fitness I used to go to. The spa at the one here is so lovely. But I also agree there are more economical ways of getting in shape. 

2 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

Not much different than the right really. What you observe often depends on your perspective. 

If Obama's press secretary had been refused service becuase of thier affiliation with Obama cites would have burned and the justice Dept would be filing charges

On 8/8/2019 at 3:03 PM, laylalex said:

I decided to put my money where my mouth is and have cancelled my Equinox membership -- that's $300 back in my pocket every month! I occasionally go to SoulCycle classes too, scratch that off the list. There are so many other gyms around here that cost less -- I just got used to going there because I used to go to the one in Pasadena. I figure if people were outraged by Target having gender neutral kids' toys aisles and adopting a transgender friendly bathroom policy and stopped shopping there, I could stop going to a fancy gym!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/07/soul-cycle-hit-with-bay-area-fueled-backlash-over-chairmans-trump-fundraiser-a-lot-of-women-are-going-to-be-outraged/

That as astonishes me that you would pay that much for a gym at all. When I lived in Pasadena I looked around at gyms like that and said forget that. I ain't paying more than $40-50 a month for a gym membership. The first year I was in Pasadena I used to go to the Caltech gym for free because I was considered a "external affliate". Then they wanted to charge $300 a year for a membership. So I just decided to go to the Gold's gym in East Pasadena. 

My big issue with having to pay for a Caltech membership was that I wasn't going to pay to have to watch some nerdy PhD student try to lift light weight while they sat on the bench.

6 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That as astonishes me that you would pay that much for a gym at all. When I lived in Pasadena I looked around at gyms like that and said forget that. I ain't paying more than $40-50 a month for a gym membership. The first year I was in Pasadena I used to go to the Caltech gym for free because I was considered a "external affliate". Then they wanted to charge $300 a year for a membership. So I just decided to go to the Gold's gym in East Pasadena. 

My big issue with having to pay for a Caltech membership was that I wasn't going to pay to have to watch some nerdy PhD student try to lift light weight while they sat on the bench.

I use to be really into, heavy lifting. Mind you not body building. I could bench 400 and weighed 330. I was huge. Not healthy. 

Nothing use to get me enraged like poor gym ethic. 

Some nerd and his girl friend pulled a bench right next to mine, while I was doing reps with 315.

Then when i got up the chick perches on my bench with a magazine. I think I scared them to death .

Also pet peeves sitting around on equipment chating 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

$25 a month for gym is what I pay and yes I hate chatty people in the gym. You are there to workout not socialize. 😎

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, Boris Farage said:

I've been around quite awhile, longer than you actually, although I did admittedly spend some years away. I had a different account, but have since lost the password. It was part of my older life anyway, so even if I could be arsed to recover it, I wouldn't want to.

But to your (seemingly) real point, what exactly have I said that was a misrepresentation of this forum? Is it not a bastion of reason? Do the liberals not show up, only to leave quickly?

Perhaps you disappeared from 2008-2016, but the liberals were here in full force, mocking the right, making personal attacks, and getting away with it.  They ruled the roost, as it were.

Now here we are today, with not quite a balanced crowd, but those that endured and remained,  combined with some newcomers,  are having a delightful time.  Do your best not to wreck the train, eh?

Edited by ALFKAD

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I use to be really into, heavy lifting. Mind you not body building. I could bench 400 and weighed 330. I was huge. Not healthy. 

Nothing use to get me enraged like poor gym ethic. 

Some nerd and his girl friend pulled a bench right next to mine, while I was doing reps with 315.

Then when i got up the chick perches on my bench with a magazine. I think I scared them to death .

Also pet peeves sitting around on equipment chating 

I was as well and now not so much. Now I am mainly doing more functional workouts with my co-worker during the day at the on base gym while I go before work to workout heavier. I can still.bench 385 with no issues.

I used to have the nerds at the Caltech gym that camped out on a bench. 

3 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Well, my ex paid for us both to have memberships there, so I got used to going there. For him, it was a matter of having the "best" he could pay for, and someone he was doing a deal with told him Equinox was the place to go, so... yeah. I was at the LA Fitness before, which was fine and I think I had some grandfathered in rate of about $30/month. It was pretty reasonable, but it was not luxurious in the least. But then after I moved up here, I was so used to paying $300/month for Equinox, I kept paying it. (Pretty sure I had it baked in as part of my support payment.) It's so ridiculous now that I think about it, and to be honest, I hadn't really thought about it much until yesterday. I'm going to be dropping by a couple of smaller gyms over the weekend to see what's out there for less. 

5 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Perhaps you disappeared from 2008-2016, but the liberals were here in full force, mocking the right, making personal attacks, and getting away with it.  They ruled the roost, as it were.

Now here we are today, with not quite a balanced crowd, but those that endured and remained,  combined with some newcomers,  are having a delightful time.  Do your best not to wreck the train, eh?

I recall a time prior to that when it was generally the righties causing problems, until eventually most of the troublemakers got suspended enough times to get the boot permanently. Also a few of the right leaning crowd went completely off the deep end after Obama got elected, just as some of the lefties did when Trump won. Hopefully they are all well and back to normal now. Politics is not worth going crazy over. I used to work nights back then so I did enjoy the late night drive by's before the mods woke up.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an