14 posts in this topic

I had my k1 visa interview yesterday, and it seemingly went well. I gave all the answers confidently as I had prepared for the all possible questions before hand & had sufficient proof of relationship evidence to support my case. After the interview the CO stated that they had 'everything they need' and just needed to do some 'additional processing' and they will contact me once they are done. At this time I did not receive a letter stating that my VISA had been denied under some section or I wasn't told that I was ineligible for the VISA. I also did not receive a slip (221g) stating that I had incomplete documents. I was fine with them doing additional processing or checks as it seemed normal in a K1 case. I would like to point out that the CO asked for my 'nikkah nama' (marriage contract) to which I reconfirmed that we are engaged and not married so there is no 'nikkah nama'. I don't know if she was trying to throw me off or she genuinely believed that we were married because of my engagement pictures (i did clarify that was not the case).

The same day while checking my VISA status on the CEAC  website my status changed from 'ready' to 'refused' and it is mentioned at the bottom that I need to review the letter handed to me after the interview to understand the reason for the 'refused' status. My issue with this abrupt and unexpected status change on the same day as my interview is that I did not receive any letter or incomplete document slip or any indication that my case would be refused.

I want to know if this has happened before or if this is normal or if there is a possibility that this might be an error and my status is likely to change. I heard in a few cases that 'refused' means temporarily refused until they do some further investigating and the status might change. Also they kept my passport (it is still with the embassy). 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Check you email, including your spam folder it is possible the embassy emailed it.

Engagement party photos in some countries can be construed as a wedding .. visa killers for sure.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Check you email, including your spam folder it is possible the embassy emailed it.

Engagement party photos in some countries can be construed as a wedding .. visa killers for sure.

I have been checking my email (including the spam folder) regularly since the status change. Haven't received anything from them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shizaam1021 said:

After the interview the CO stated that they had 'everything they need' and just needed to do some 'additional processing' and they will contact me once they are done

Meaning your Passport wasn't collected by the CO? 
Engagement Pictures are a huge red flag especially if you guys look "too married" in the pictures.
If your passport was collected then perhaps theres' hope, if not then perhaps you should contact the embassy for verification.

Always lead with love ❤️ 

14 minutes ago, Tegs&Lols said:

Meaning your Passport wasn't collected by the CO? 
Engagement Pictures are a huge red flag especially if you guys look "too married" in the pictures.
If your passport was collected then perhaps theres' hope, if not then perhaps you should contact the embassy for verification.

That is why I am confused. My passport was collected by the CO. I am assuming if I haven't heard from them then there is still hope that the status might change.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shizaam1021 said:

That is why I am confused. My passport was collected by the CO. I am assuming if I haven't heard from them then there is still hope that the status might change.

Well then I suggest you wait till you get your passport back. I know its a frustrating situation to be in. Hopefully someone with a similar experience might pop up and give you better advice. Hang in there buddy. 

Always lead with love ❤️ 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Shizaam1021 said:

I had my k1 visa interview yesterday, and it seemingly went well. I gave all the answers confidently as I had prepared for the all possible questions before hand & had sufficient proof of relationship evidence to support my case. After the interview the CO stated that they had 'everything they need' and just needed to do some 'additional processing' and they will contact me once they are done. At this time I did not receive a letter stating that my VISA had been denied under some section or I wasn't told that I was ineligible for the VISA. I also did not receive a slip (221g) stating that I had incomplete documents. I was fine with them doing additional processing or checks as it seemed normal in a K1 case. I would like to point out that the CO asked for my 'nikkah nama' (marriage contract) to which I reconfirmed that we are engaged and not married so there is no 'nikkah nama'. I don't know if she was trying to throw me off or she genuinely believed that we were married because of my engagement pictures (i did clarify that was not the case).

The same day while checking my VISA status on the CEAC  website my status changed from 'ready' to 'refused' and it is mentioned at the bottom that I need to review the letter handed to me after the interview to understand the reason for the 'refused' status. My issue with this abrupt and unexpected status change on the same day as my interview is that I did not receive any letter or incomplete document slip or any indication that my case would be refused.

I want to know if this has happened before or if this is normal or if there is a possibility that this might be an error and my status is likely to change. I heard in a few cases that 'refused' means temporarily refused until they do some further investigating and the status might change. Also they kept my passport (it is still with the embassy). 

Typically if it is a temporary refusal they will request additional documentation.    Watch your email for updates.   If they return the petition the  status may change to "returned to NVC"  you'll get a paper mailed with the passport but it won't explain any details.   At this point you just have to be patient and see what happens.  

On 8/6/2019 at 5:22 PM, Tegs&Lols said:

Well then I suggest you wait till you get your passport back. I know its a frustrating situation to be in. Hopefully someone with a similar experience might pop up and give you better advice. Hang in there buddy. 

Thanks for the help :) Hopefully will get some clarity in the coming days 

18 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Typically if it is a temporary refusal they will request additional documentation.    Watch your email for updates.   If they return the petition the  status may change to "returned to NVC"  you'll get a paper mailed with the passport but it won't explain any details.   At this point you just have to be patient and see what happens.  

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 6/8/2019 at 3:51, Shizaam1021 said:

Tenía mi visa k1entrevista ayer, y aparentemente salió bien. Di todas las respuestas con confianza ya que me había preparado para todas las preguntas posibles de antemano y tenía pruebas suficientes de evidencia de relación para apoyar mi caso. Después de la entrevista, el CO declaró que tenían 'todo lo que necesitaban' y que solo necesitaban hacer un 'procesamiento adicional' y se comunicarán conmigo una vez que hayan terminado. En este momento no recibí una carta indicando que mi VISA había sido denegada en alguna sección o no me dijeron que no era elegible para la VISA. Tampoco recibí un recibo (221 g) que indicara que tenía documentos incompletos. Estuve bien con ellos haciendo un procesamiento adicional o verificaciones, ya que parecía normal en un caso K1. Me gustaría señalar que el CO pidió mi 'nikkah nama' (contrato de matrimonio) con el que reconfirmé que estamos comprometidos y no casados, por lo que no hay 'nikkah nama'. No sé si estaba tratando de rechazarme o si realmente creía que estábamos casados debido a mis fotos de compromiso (aclaré que ese no era el caso).

El mismo día, mientras revisaba mi estado de VISA en el sitio web de CEAC, mi estado cambió de "listo" a "rechazado" y se menciona en la parte inferior que necesito revisar la carta que me entregaron después de la entrevista para comprender el motivo del " rechazado 'estado. Mi problema con este cambio de estado abrupto e inesperado el mismo día de mi entrevista es que no recibí ninguna carta o recibo de documento incompleto ni ninguna indicación de que mi caso sería rechazado.

Quiero saber si esto ha sucedido antes o si esto es normal o si existe la posibilidad de que esto sea un error y es probable que mi estado cambie. Escuché en algunos casos que 'rechazado' significa temporalmente rechazado hasta que investiguen un poco más y el estado pueda cambiar. También guardaron mi pasaporte (todavía está con la embajada). 

hello, finally what happened to your visa? my status also changed to "refused" after 4 months in AP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Progress Reports, from Process and Procedures~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.