Del A.

Does EVA Air include travel tax in ticket price?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As the title suggests. I've been researching online for a while now to no avail. I'm not sure if I should pay the Philippine travel tax of Php1,620 for my flight to Chicago. The ticket receipt only indicates a "taxes and fees" item for $91.07, no breakdown of these charges. Maybe someone out there has flown/knows EVA Air and could help me out. I don't want to make duplicate payments.

Note: Flight was booked through a third party app called "Orbitz", not the airline site. I thought about calling the airline but I just thought it's unlikely they would have expertise in these local matters. Or is calling them the best option right now?

Please enlighten me. If you could give me official links containing the answer I would greatly appreciate it. But any help is most welcome.

P.S. I will be flying from Manila/NAIA Terminal 1. Am I correct in saying I don't have to pay the terminal fee? From what I know, this fee applies to airports outside Manila. Kindly confirm if you can.

Thanks in advance!

It is included in your ticket as you are traveling through Manila.  

Putting it in the ticket started way back in 2014.  https://globalnation.inquirer.net/107380/airline-tickets-to-include-terminal-fees-by-october

It is not an issue.  Relax a little.

Edited by Talako

Finally done.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Talako said:

It is included in your ticket as you are traveling through Manila.  

Putting it in the ticket started way back in 2014.  https://globalnation.inquirer.net/107380/airline-tickets-to-include-terminal-fees-by-october

It is not an issue.  Relax a little.

That is the terminal fee,  it is included for NAIA.    The travel tax is not.

46 minutes ago, Del A. said:

As the title suggests. I've been researching online for a while now to no avail. I'm not sure if I should pay the Philippine travel tax of Php1,620 for my flight to Chicago. The ticket receipt only indicates a "taxes and fees" item for $91.07, no breakdown of these charges. Maybe someone out there has flown/knows EVA Air and could help me out. I don't want to make duplicate payments.

Note: Flight was booked through a third party app called "Orbitz", not the airline site. I thought about calling the airline but I just thought it's unlikely they would have expertise in these local matters. Or is calling them the best option right now?

Please enlighten me. If you could give me official links containing the answer I would greatly appreciate it. But any help is most welcome.

P.S. I will be flying from Manila/NAIA Terminal 1. Am I correct in saying I don't have to pay the terminal fee? From what I know, this fee applies to airports outside Manila. Kindly confirm if you can.

Thanks in advance!

For NAIA the terminal fee is included in the airfare (as noted by Talako)

The travel tax still needs to be paid separately.  There are a variety of options for paying the travel tax

Travel tax info is under the last tab on this page:  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

30 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

The travel tax still needs to be paid separately.  There are a variety of options for paying the travel tax

Travel tax info is under the last tab on this page:  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

I should have read more carefully.  I hate when I do that. 

Finally done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Anyone leaving the Philippines will have to pay that travel tax which is NOT included in the airfare. My Filipina wife travelled from the Phil to Las Vegas and was required to pay that travel tax as well. Hank is the man!! Anything you need to know he's the go to guy!!

That is so weird. Because when my fiancé left a week ago, she did not have to pay the travel tax, personally. All the taxes were paid for in the Delta ticket I purchased for her.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

That is so weird. Because when my fiancé left a week ago, she did not have to pay the travel tax, personally. All the taxes were paid for in the Delta ticket I purchased for her.

that is very different

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

Just last week to come to the US and those were all the fees I paid for her.

I just spotted the terminal fee .. never mind

Still that is very different that the travel tax was collected by Delta  ... PAL is known to do that  ... This is the first for "outside" airlines  collecting the fee, only PAL before

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I just spotted the terminal fee .. never mind

So, I am guessing each airline does the required taxes differently? Delta was great to use, for us.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

So, I am guessing each airline does the required taxes differently? Delta was great to use, for us.

I usually fly Delta.

It could be that the Philippines has decided to add this to airfare (again), they tried adding a few years ago and the OFWs threw a fit .. so they backed away from adding the travel tax to airfare originating in the Philippines .. looks like they are trying it again.   After that it was only added if the airfare was purchased in the Philippines and the person was not an OFW.   Interesting that you purchased the airfare online and it was added. 

A new process to keep an eye on ...  ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

im with you @Zach2015 i travel last August 5,2018 with Delta and our travel tax was included in our air fare too..

i have a different question about travel tax though😅 if moderator dont mind me interfere to the op post😬

im traveling back to Philippines this coming Friday and going back to state on august 6 im gonna try United airlines this time..any moderator had flew back to pinas with this airline and had to pay travel tax before leaving Philippines? my husband said i dont have to because its already included to our airfare.

Thanks in advance..if its not allowed ill make my own thread.

Screenshot_20190723_163319.jpg

1 hour ago, FilAm24 said:

im with you @Zach2015 i travel last August 5,2018 with Delta and our travel tax was included in our air fare too..

i have a different question about travel tax though😅 if moderator dont mind me interfere to the op post😬

im traveling back to Philippines this coming Friday and going back to state on august 6 im gonna try United airlines this time..any moderator had flew back to pinas with this airline and had to pay travel tax before leaving Philippines? my husband said i dont have to because its already included to our airfare.

We traveled last month, and my wife did not pay travel tax.  She stood in line at the travel tax counter to pay, but she was told that it was not required.  Her visit was only for two weeks.  If I remember correctly, they told her that you have to come and stay for a certain length of time before it is imposed. 

I looked it up so Hank doesn't correct me again...

TRAVEL TAX AND AIRPORT FEES
Philippine Nationals are expected to pay for the Philippine Travel Tax upon departure from the Philippines. It is usually paid at the airport upon departure or; oftentimes, already included in the cost of the ticket when purchased. US Nationals and Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) are exempt from the Philippine Travel Tax.

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/about-the-philippines-dc/

Finally done.

Timeline
2 hours ago, FilAm24 said:

Relax.   You won't be in the Philippines long enough to require that travel tax be paid.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.