EnyoEk

Spouse visa not granted

42 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

about 6 months after the case reaches the US office,  you will get either a NOID or NOIR

A NOID is a letter issued by USCIS when the officer determines that the applicant has not demonstrated eligibility for the requested immigration benefit. ... Your NOID response is likely your last chance to convince the USCIS adjudicator of your eligibility. NOIDs differ from Requests for Evidence (RFEs).

For NOID you need to rebute the issues that will be listed and have STRONG evidence showing that the issues are incorrect

you have only 30 days to respond to a NOID

Salvaging a visa petition after receiving a Notice of Intent to Revoke (NOIR) is difficult, ... USCIS can issue a NOIR for any type of visa petition: immigrant petitions .... provided to the you in the NOIR, you will have a strong argument on appeal.
appeals can take a year or more /ours was over a year and marriage was declared bona fida and we were told to reapply

As for the Congressman ,  he/she can not be much help/  he /she can get only a copy of the correspondence sent to you 
they do not control immigration which works on our fees not under a Federal budget

Thanks a lot for your explanations. What can be prepared as STRONG evidence to support that we are in a bona fide marriage? Do you think trips to Africa to spend time with my husband can be convincing? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Fail to see the connection.

I think OP means to say that her husband and her are trying for a baby, and in case of a fake marriage it won’t be needed.

Edited by portorusa

25 minutes ago, EnyoEk said:

But how can our marriage be a fraud when we even show documentation of fertility treatments and artificial inseminations as evidence? 

Well despite that SOMETHING has made them suspect fraud.  Stokes interviews are not SOP.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, EnyoEk said:

What can be prepared as STRONG evidence to support that we are in a bona fide marriage?

Depends on what points are brought up in the letter when you receive it.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

1 hour ago, EnyoEk said:

Thanks a lot for your explanations. What can be prepared as STRONG evidence to support that we are in a bona fide marriage? Do you think trips to Africa to spend time with my husband can be convincing? 

Evidence of time spent together is usually the best for high-fraud embassies.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i will get backlash over this but i am going to try to think like a CO 

many K1 USC women get pregnant and still denied /  many young american girls sleep one time with a man and get pregnant

a baby does not prove a real relationship (at times ) /  it means 2 people slept together

The CO is not looking for you to prove even the marriage

they are looking for you to prove the relationship is real / that you took the time to get to know each other 

love does not always last /  getting to know each other and that you like the person and you can successfully be day to day and night to night with them is different 

many things can break apart a marriage

money

other family interference

difference of cultures

difference of likes and dislikes

but you still do not know what the denial is about

you need to know that to accomplish your evidence to support your marriage

you are going to have to prove you can last and last and last

i know this because we had to do an appeal and worked 6 years to get my husband's visa

some people just give up

so,  to make more trips to be together

and prove the embassy wrong with evidence that will back up whatever issues the CO has come up with

Good luck to you both

7 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

i will get backlash over this but i am going to try to think like a CO 

many K1 USC women get pregnant and still denied /  many young american girls sleep one time with a man and get pregnant

a baby does not prove a real relationship (at times ) /  it means 2 people slept together

The CO is not looking for you to prove even the marriage

they are looking for you to prove the relationship is real / that you took the time to get to know each other 

love does not always last /  getting to know each other and that you like the person and you can successfully be day to day and night to night with them is different 

many things can break apart a marriage

money

other family interference

difference of cultures

difference of likes and dislikes

but you still do not know what the denial is about

you need to know that to accomplish your evidence to support your marriage

you are going to have to prove you can last and last and last

i know this because we had to do an appeal and worked 6 years to get my husband's visa

some people just give up

so,  to make more trips to be together

and prove the embassy wrong with evidence that will back up whatever issues the CO has come up with

Good luck to you both

6 years? I’m in tears as I read your post, but at the same time I’m confident that we will make it through just like you and your spouse did. 

I’m naturalized American, but my husband and I have the same culture and traditions as we both are born and raised in Togo. We are in our early 30’s and We are working on starting a business over there since it seems like his relocation to the US is taking more time than we expected. Just as you said, we will do everything possible to prove the embassy wrong; meanwhile, I will keep on traveling back there at least once a year to spend time with my husband in order to reinforce our relationship. 

Thank you so much for awakening me with your testimony and information. I appreciate your time ! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, portorusa said:

I think OP means to say that her husband and her are trying for a baby, and in case of a fake marriage it won’t be needed.

No end of fraudulent marriages on here involving children.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.