Loren Y

A way to call Internationally really cheap.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It only includes 60+ countries it says so far, but if you have a spare unlocked phone laying around and want to only pay 10.00 for unlimited international calling on their cheapest plan, it seems like a win win to me. I just ordered the sim card now, and will report back in how it works. My wife needs to call Thailand all the time, and I am currently using Oomas 17.99 international unlimited plan for her, but this way it is a cell phone, so she is not tied to home, and other than carrying a 2nd cell phone if she wants, it is a good way to save some bucks on international calling. My research shows it uses Sprint for CDMA, and Tmobile for GSM phones. Like I said, I'm just going to get their 10 a month plan for the unlimited calling, don't really care about the data, but it does have 1gb included, and then unlimited text also. Just throwing this out there because I know one of the big expenses is being able to have your loved one call home to talk with friends and family, and this looks like a cheap way to do it. Link is below. I just noticed they have a 5 dollar a month plan that includes 500 minutes of talk a month, so if you only need 500 international minutes, then your only out 5 dollars a month for over 8 hours of international calling, seems like a good deal to me.

https://hellomobile.com/internationalplans

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the ´´Moving to the US´´ forum to Off Topic.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

+1 for Whatsapp! The best invention ever :joy:

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

Facebook Messenger? 

My wife uses FB Messenger to make phone calls and video calls all the time to her family out in the provinces of Mindanao without problems. They talk for literally hours at a time without paying a dime. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

My wife uses FB Messenger to make phone calls and video calls all the time to her family out in the provinces of Mindanao without problems. They talk for literally hours at a time without paying a dime. 

Yep. I talk to my girlfriend in Mindinao daily on messenger

19 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

Yep. I talk to my girlfriend in Mindinao daily on messenger

Where in Mindanao is she from if you don't mind me asking? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Whatsapp and Messenger use the data portion and wifi if available. I only use Whatsapp though, there are some other msgs through wifi app as well like google voice but that's just 1 example and I am not too strong knowledge about every country compatibility/free charges across the world.

There was Simple Mobile that have a good cheap plan that's the best I've known in the US so far, yet found out that Simple Mobile, Straight Talk, etc are the sub phone organization of a Mexico Company, and the Mexico Company seem to be one of the largest phone carrier across the US that compete against the US phone corporations like Verizon/AT&T/Sprint/Etc.

The phone service in mexico company make enough $ profiting from low margins vs the US phone corporation I think. The service coverage available is an important role as well.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-...]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.