Rob007

Mandatory Administrative Processing

17 posts in this topic

Hi fellow members,

My apologies if it has been answered before. I’m USC and I filled i130 for my wife and it was approved in Dec 2018. She went for an interview and got 221(g) white. We submitted the needed documents after 2 days and the case has been in Ap from Dec 2018. I’m from Nepal and we haven’t married religiously. Couple of months ago, the embassy called my parents as well as my in-laws to verify the marriage. Since, it is a bonafide marriage, they gave the same reply. Whenever I inquire the embassy, I always get the same generic reply but last one said, your case has been placed for “mandatory administrative processing”.  What does this mean. The last update was made in June 5th.

Does this have anything to do with her stay in Bangladesh for 5years? We did provide the police clearance certificate from Bangladesh.

I heard when it is mandatory, they have something to do with FBI, is it true?

All of your answers and feedback are welcome.

Thank you!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

All cases go through administrative processing.  It is mandatory for all cases........it takes longer to complete for some cases and some countries.  It can not be waived or expedited.......it can be days, weeks, months, or even years........there is no remedy other than patience.

5 minutes ago, Rob007 said:

I heard when it is mandatory, they have something to do with FBI, is it true?

Where did you hear this?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Just now, missileman said:

All cases go through administrative processing.  It is mandatory for all cases........it takes longer to complete for some cases and some countries.  It can not be waived or expedited.......it can be days, weeks, months, or even years........there is no remedy other than patience.

Where did you hear this?

thank you!!

It's the result of reading people's blog. Don't have concrete evidence or source.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

The fact that they called parents of both spouses suggests they have doubts in your marital relationship, that could be the reason for lengthy AP, definitely not the FBI involvement. What sort of supporting evidences were provided during i130 and during the interview?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Just now, arken said:

The fact that they called parents of both spouses suggests they have doubts in your marital relationship, that could be the reason for lengthy AP, definitely not the FBI involvement. What sort of supporting evidences were provided during i130 and during the interview?

At the time of submission, we sent our marriage certificate, marriage registration at the local municipality, pics when we were together, with friends and family, text messages to my friends informing about my marriage, our chat logs and the bank statement to show the financial support I’m providing.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Rob007 said:

At the time of submission, we sent our marriage certificate, marriage registration at the local municipality, pics when we were together, with friends and family, text messages to my friends informing about my marriage, our chat logs and the bank statement to show the financial support I’m providing.

The list seems ok but could have been added much better, but wat’s done is done.      Hope your wife gets it approved soon. Was she asked about traditional marriage, did she mess up answering some questions?

There is one case that i know (not in VJ) that’s in AP for more than a year because the beneficiary told the CO that they will be doing traditional marriage later on. 

Spouse:

Myself:

9 minutes ago, arken said:

The list seems ok but could have been added much better, but wat’s done is done.      Hope your wife gets it approved soon. Was she asked about traditional marriage, did she mess up answering some questions?

There is one case that i know (not in VJ) that’s in AP for more than a year because the beneficiary told the CO that they will be doing traditional marriage later on. 

i think yes. we got married in 2016 and they asked why there is no photos of your marriage. she told the 1st year my grand father passed away the 2nd year her uncle passed away and 3rd year i was finishing my school so didnot had a time to go back. which is true in every year. 

she might have said we'll get married soon.

if my wife told we are getting married soon and the Co took a note for it. so it seems the only way to get out of AP is getting married traditionally. but how do we let them know we got married?

lot of things going on my head..

Thanks Arken for the reply and do share me more if you could think of anything.

Timeline

Yeah, it seems the CO has the serious doubt on whether the marriage is real. Not sure what was asked in 221g and what was submitted post interview, but at this time all you can do is wait for the decision. Doing traditional marriage does not help AP at this time as it will simply suggest you two just got married and that the previous marriage did not happen. Wait for AP to resolve or if they ask anything more before doing anything. Good luck.  

Spouse:

Myself:

9 minutes ago, arken said:

Yeah, it seems the CO has the serious doubt on whether the marriage is real. Not sure what was asked in 221g and what was submitted post interview, but at this time all you can do is wait for the decision. Doing traditional marriage does not help AP at this time as it will simply suggest you two just got married and that the previous marriage did not happen. Wait for AP to resolve or if they ask anything more before doing anything. Good luck.  

221(G) was for additional photos and we gave them a lot with friends and family. 

Thanks for the suggestion !! 

12 hours ago, Rob007 said:

i think yes. we got married in 2016 and they asked why there is no photos of your marriage. she told the 1st year my grand father passed away the 2nd year her uncle passed away and 3rd year i was finishing my school so didnot had a time to go back. which is true in every year. 

if my wife told we are getting married soon and the Co took a note for it. so it seems the only way to get out of AP is getting married traditionally. but how do we let them know we got married?

Are you married, or not?  If even you two are not completely sure, how can you expect the embassy staff to approve a marriage visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
14 hours ago, Rob007 said:

Your saying your wife may have told the CO at the interview we'll get married soon AND you here posting on VJ that your married already. Im confused trying to understand your case and if I was a CO, i'd be confused too. 

Are you married now or not?

were you married before your wife's interview?

if you were married b4 your wife's interview, then why would your wife might be telling the CO we'll be getting married soon

something isn't adding up and that's why your case is on hold for that very reason

Edited by kingdomcome84

NoA1 - September 26, 2018

NoA2 - February 4, 2019  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
20 hours ago, Rob007 said:

I am going to be the third confused.

one moment you said you had a religious marriage, and then you said your wife told them you will be married soon.

soooo, being as you are a USC did you get married through the way and have it registered legally for the USA government?

IE: The traditional way? getting a religious marriage such as in Egypt is not binding for the US Embassy, so too married for a Fiancee visa but not married enough for a spouse visa, this could very well be your issue.

8 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Are you married, or not?  If even you two are not completely sure, how can you expect the embassy staff to approve a marriage visa?

yes we are married. As i mentioned above, we are married legally but in our country religious marriage is a normal rather than going to the registrar for the marriage. And the staff asked my wife why didn't we had a religious marriage.

6 hours ago, kingdomcome84 said:

Your saying your wife may have told the CO at the interview we'll get married soon AND you here posting on VJ that your married already. Im confused trying to understand your case and if I was a CO, i'd be confused too. 

Are you married now or not?

were you married before your wife's interview?

if you were married b4 your wife's interview, then why would your wife might be telling the CO we'll be getting married soon

something isn't adding up and that's why your case is on hold for that very reason

As i mentioned above i'm from Nepal. we practice religious marriage more than the legal marriage.

we were married in 2016 legally at registrar office. The local staff asked the question to my wife about religious marriage to my wife in the presence of CO and my wife told we will hold the ceremony in later year. The people in the embassy is well aware of the ceremony and that's where we failed to provide the proof of ceremony.

39 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I am going to be the third confused.

one moment you said you had a religious marriage, and then you said your wife told them you will be married soon.

soooo, being as you are a USC did you get married through the way and have it registered legally for the USA government?

IE: The traditional way? getting a religious marriage such as in Egypt is not binding for the US Embassy, so too married for a Fiancee visa but not married enough for a spouse visa, this could very well be your issue.

I never mentioned, we are married religiously. when we were married i Was a LPR and got married as a citizen of Nepal in the registrar office and got my marriage registered in the municipality office.

The staff at the embassy is well aware about the ceremony or the religious marriage. they asked about the religious marriage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.