AI135

N-400 July 2019 Filers!!! Join here!!!

1,242 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-3 Timeline

Someone deleted my timeline entry :cry:

ITS ALL GOOD. VERY WELL DONE!!!!!!!

I could be an ASSSSSSSSHOLEEEEEEE and delete the whole thing but I refuse to be STUPID

Edited by Stevo1979

48 minutes ago, Stevo1979 said:

I could be an ASSSSSSSSHOLEEEEEEE and delete the whole thing but I refuse to be STUPID

This is getting ridiculous. I’m sorry to hear that dear Stevo!!! Do you have a copy of your info so we can try to put it back? 

Guys, this is just my personal opinion, but I’m really just going to say this once despite it being repeated by others multiple times.

Ok so here we go.  I appreciate all the formatting some of us are doing to make the data sheet more analytical, but remember that the sheet is shared among us (on the other tab are the August filers’ data so if you are an August filer reading this, make sure you are editing on the right sheet). Also, when you are editing your own entry or the whole table, or editing collectively, please make sure that you do not alter any one else’s information. If you make a mistake, please undo before saving. If you need help, I have a long professional experience in excel programming. Please message me. I can help you! 

Now, it seems pretty explanatory from this end not to touch what’s not yours etc etc.... But I feel that it is necessary to write a seasonal reminder about this. 

Please remember, keeping tabs of our progress should be the least of our worries with all the immigration thing going on. Let us be better than USCIS about handling our own files ok? We are all in this together! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline
7 hours ago, Stevo1979 said:

Mine has gone also 

14 hours ago, erikavsw said:

This is getting ridiculous. I’m sorry to hear that dear Stevo!!! Do you have a copy of your info so we can try to put it back? 

Guys, this is just my personal opinion, but I’m really just going to say this once despite it being repeated by others multiple times.

Ok so here we go.  I appreciate all the formatting some of us are doing to make the data sheet more analytical, but remember that the sheet is shared among us (on the other tab are the August filers’ data so if you are an August filer reading this, make sure you are editing on the right sheet). Also, when you are editing your own entry or the whole table, or editing collectively, please make sure that you do not alter any one else’s information. If you make a mistake, please undo before saving. If you need help, I have a long professional experience in excel programming. Please message me. I can help you! 

Now, it seems pretty explanatory from this end not to touch what’s not yours etc etc.... But I feel that it is necessary to write a seasonal reminder about this. 

Please remember, keeping tabs of our progress should be the least of our worries with all the immigration thing going on. Let us be better than USCIS about handling our own files ok? We are all in this together! 

You nailed it!

I would have to enter all that info again so the jerk who did it doesn't feel he won

Hello!! I just came back from my combo interview at the San Antonio field Office.  The experience was great, our IO was super nice and had both my files on her desk and announced right away that she will conduct both interviews today.  My husband was there for both, she just reviewed information about us and our children.  My children where included on my i-751 application.  So once we went trough that, she said she will approve it once we completed the N-400 part.  I got my English reading and writing first, then my civics questions.  I got the first 6 right, and I  passed.  She told me they have an Oath ceremony this coming Friday, and asked me if I wanted to be included, to wich I of course said YES! since we are staying in San Antonio for work until friday because of work anyways.  So we were asked to wait so they could schedule me for the Oath and meanwhile she worked on approving the ROC, and came back out to let me know that she approved and my children will be receiving their green cards.  She put a sticker on my Green card, stating that Conditions where removed so I can present it at the oath.  My estimated completion time was March 2020, now it will be November 1st God willing.

Thank you everbody for your support, and good luck on the rest of our journey!

@monicat71 congratulations to you and your family!! 

K-1 Visa

Event...................................Date

Service Center : .............Vermont Service Center

Consulate :.....................London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent :....................2007-05-17

I-129F NOA1 :..................2007-05-21

I-129F NOA2 :..................2007-08-17

NVC Received :................2007-08-24

Packet 3 Received :...... ..2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent :............... .2007-11-15

Medical :...........................2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received :.........2008-01-28

Interview Date :................2008-02-12

Visa Received :.................2008-02-15

US Entry : .........................2008-02-16

Marriage : ........................2008-04-19

AOS

AOS I-485 : ......................2008-05-09

EAD I-765 : ......................2008-05-09

Biometrics : ....................2008-06-10

Transferred :.....................2008-08-08

Card production ordered:..2008-09-04

EAD arrived :....................2008-09-12

RFE Notice :....................2008-10-08

Got VISA :........................2008-11-09

ROC

ROC I-751 : .....................2010-08-17

NOA 1.....: .......................2010-08-20

BIO.......: ..........................2010-11-

Approved..: .....................2010-12-03

N-400

Date Filed: ......................2019-07-09

Biometrics:.....................2019-08-01

8 minutes ago, scottsvisa said:

@monicat71 congratulations to you and your family!! 

Thank you!!!  This was really a best case scenario for us :)

16 hours ago, monicat71 said:

Hello!! I just came back from my combo interview at the San Antonio field Office.  The experience was great, our IO was super nice and had both my files on her desk and announced right away that she will conduct both interviews today.  My husband was there for both, she just reviewed information about us and our children.  My children where included on my i-751 application.  So once we went trough that, she said she will approve it once we completed the N-400 part.  I got my English reading and writing first, then my civics questions.  I got the first 6 right, and I  passed.  She told me they have an Oath ceremony this coming Friday, and asked me if I wanted to be included, to wich I of course said YES! since we are staying in San Antonio for work until friday because of work anyways.  So we were asked to wait so they could schedule me for the Oath and meanwhile she worked on approving the ROC, and came back out to let me know that she approved and my children will be receiving their green cards.  She put a sticker on my Green card, stating that Conditions where removed so I can present it at the oath.  My estimated completion time was March 2020, now it will be November 1st God willing.

Thank you everbody for your support, and good luck on the rest of our journey!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Mine is Nov 14, also in San Antonio!!!!

Hi All,

I had my N-400 interview on Monday and just wanted to give my experience for anyone interested.

My appointment was at 12.45pm. Got there about 12pm and just took a moment to breathe. I was confident that our case was good but I was worried about the civics questions.

We went through the main doors and had to go through security. Of course there was a women who seemed surprised that she would need to show ID to get into a Federal building! So we were all held up while she dumped everything out of her purse. This kind of thing drives me crazy..why aren't people prepared? Anyway, finally got through security and then lined up again to show Interview letter. They ask for you all to have the letter ready to show. I was given a printed ticket with a number on and told to take a seat. It was interesting seeing so many different nationalities in one room.

I thought I would be there for ages as there was loads of people in front of me. But pretty much at 12.45 my number was called. My husband gave me a hug and told me I've got this!

I had to go up in the elevate to the 2nd floor. I had a panic when the doors open as there was no one there...just lots of doors. I stood there for a few seconds trying to decided what to do! Then a guy came out of a door and told me someone would be along in a second. The officer then came out, shook my hand and took the interview letter from me. She lead me into her private office. I immediately had to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth. Once that was done, I took a seat and the interview began.

First off it was basically confirming all my details, showing my passport, green card and state issued ID.

We started with the Oral and Written tests. There was an Ipad in front of me. A sentence came up on the screen and I had to read it out loud. "Where does the President live?". I then had to write "The President lives at the White House". She apologized that someone had taken the pen to use on the Ipad so I would have to use my finger! It looked like a 5 year old had written it but all ok.

Then the civics questions

1) What did the Declaration of Independence do? This tickled me as I had to reply It declared the United States independence from Great Britain (I'm from Great Britain and normally reply with "your welcome!" but held my tongue!!

2) What is one promise you make when you become a US Citizen?

3)Who is the Father of our Country?

4) What Ocean is on the West Coast of the US?

5) Name one state that borders Canada?

6) What is the capital of the US?

When that was completed we then moved on to the N-400. I had made one mistake of entering a job wrong so she showed the error on the Ipad and i had to sign the screen to agree to the change.

Then she asked me to confirm that all the details that would appear on the certificate were correctly spelt etc.

We went through all the Yes/ No questions again.

Then she confirmed that she was putting me forward as approved to her supervisor. Gave me a form confirming that I had passed all the tests and was approved.

I should look out for the letter with the Oath ceremony date and time. To only fill out the questions on the back the day of the ceremony.

We then had a little laugh about the Ipad and she walked me back to the elevator and shook my hand again.

The relief I felt on that ride back down was huge! We started the original paperwork for the K1 fiancee visa in December 2012.

Good luck to everyone with interviews coming up!!

2 minutes ago, LMK74 said:

Hi All,

I had my N-400 interview on Monday and just wanted to give my experience for anyone interested.

My appointment was at 12.45pm. Got there about 12pm and just took a moment to breathe. I was confident that our case was good but I was worried about the civics questions.

We went through the main doors and had to go through security. Of course there was a women who seemed surprised that she would need to show ID to get into a Federal building! So we were all held up while she dumped everything out of her purse. This kind of thing drives me crazy..why aren't people prepared? Anyway, finally got through security and then lined up again to show Interview letter. They ask for you all to have the letter ready to show. I was given a printed ticket with a number on and told to take a seat. It was interesting seeing so many different nationalities in one room.

I thought I would be there for ages as there was loads of people in front of me. But pretty much at 12.45 my number was called. My husband gave me a hug and told me I've got this!

I had to go up in the elevate to the 2nd floor. I had a panic when the doors open as there was no one there...just lots of doors. I stood there for a few seconds trying to decided what to do! Then a guy came out of a door and told me someone would be along in a second. The officer then came out, shook my hand and took the interview letter from me. She lead me into her private office. I immediately had to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth. Once that was done, I took a seat and the interview began.

First off it was basically confirming all my details, showing my passport, green card and state issued ID.

We started with the Oral and Written tests. There was an Ipad in front of me. A sentence came up on the screen and I had to read it out loud. "Where does the President live?". I then had to write "The President lives at the White House". She apologized that someone had taken the pen to use on the Ipad so I would have to use my finger! It looked like a 5 year old had written it but all ok.

Then the civics questions

1) What did the Declaration of Independence do? This tickled me as I had to reply It declared the United States independence from Great Britain (I'm from Great Britain and normally reply with "your welcome!" but held my tongue!!

2) What is one promise you make when you become a US Citizen?

3)Who is the Father of our Country?

4) What Ocean is on the West Coast of the US?

5) Name one state that borders Canada?

6) What is the capital of the US?

When that was completed we then moved on to the N-400. I had made one mistake of entering a job wrong so she showed the error on the Ipad and i had to sign the screen to agree to the change.

Then she asked me to confirm that all the details that would appear on the certificate were correctly spelt etc.

We went through all the Yes/ No questions again.

Then she confirmed that she was putting me forward as approved to her supervisor. Gave me a form confirming that I had passed all the tests and was approved.

I should look out for the letter with the Oath ceremony date and time. To only fill out the questions on the back the day of the ceremony.

We then had a little laugh about the Ipad and she walked me back to the elevator and shook my hand again.

The relief I felt on that ride back down was huge! We started the original paperwork for the K1 fiancee visa in December 2012.

Good luck to everyone with interviews coming up!!

Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.