AI135

N-400 July 2019 Filers!!! Join here!!!

1,242 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-3 Timeline

I need your opinion peeps.

So i got a ticket  (125 bucks) yesterday morning for driving a car with expired tag  (my car is at the shop and my mechanic who sells cars on the side gave me to drive pending when my car is fixed. Told me everything was good)

He said he did not know and will pay the money but that will go on my record which I don't want even though its a "non-moving violation"

The court case is not untill after my Interview I am thinking about fighting it because the court clerk said if he comes with me (which he is willing to) renews the tag before the date the citation will be dismissed but I don't wanna take chances cos I may be getting Same day oath

Should I fight it or just suck it up and let him.pay the fees,it stays on my record and i don't have a delay with my application?

Edited by Stevo1979

I had my interview today at the Atlanta field office. I had a 9:15 appointment. So, I reached there around 8:50. After security check and check-in, I was asked to go the

third floor. After waiting for about an hour, my interviewer walked over and called for me based on the token number. She had 1 another associate watching over her perform

the interview. The civics questions, reading and writing were all simple. The interviewer then read through my application and confirmed the details with me.

I had gone on a cruise last month (N400 was applied in the first week of July 2019). I had taken the itinerary with me. She updated my application with that information and made

me sign for it. Then she gave me a printed letter which said that she is recommending my case for approval. She also told me that my oath ceremony would

likely be in 4-6 weeks. 

Thank you all for sharing your experience in this forum. It was very helpful for me.

I wish you all good luck!!

Edited by crazylad

7 minutes ago, implife said:

I don't see how one has anything to do with the other. I would fight the ticket.

It is not a good idea to argue with ignorant people but sometimes their ignorance is very hard to ignore so  they do not  take it for wisdom . . .

Edited by Stevo1979

17 minutes ago, Iamornext said:

@Stevo1979 wow!

Yup I was mad as hell. I feel like the best bet is to pay the ticket. The opportunity cost of maintaining  a clean record is not worth my 700 bucks N400 app lol

54 minutes ago, Stevo1979 said:

It is not a good idea to argue with ignorant people but sometimes their ignorance is very hard to ignore so  they do not  take it for wisdom . . .

ok, calm down. let's see if we can get this straight.

1. you got into business with a "mechanic" who also sells cars "on the side" (illegally?)

2. you decided to drive someone else's car without any formal paperwork that one would normally get from a car rental agency (where people go if they need to rent a car)

3. you then, apparently, also decided to accept legal advice from the said "mechanic", instead of consulting an attorney (who people consult if they want a legal advice)

4. you somehow decided that a traffic violation will go on your "record", even though it is not a criminal offence (again, without consulting an attorney)

5. you now want to ignore the advice of a court clerk (the first reasonable individual in this strange story)

6. finally, you asked for input on this forum, and then proceeded to attack an opinion provided at your request

does that pretty much sum it up?

On 11/14/2019 at 5:58 PM, crazylad said:

I had my interview today at the Atlanta field office. I had a 9:15 appointment. So, I reached there around 8:50. After security check and check-in, I was asked to go the

third floor. After waiting for about an hour, my interviewer walked over and called for me based on the token number. She had 1 another associate watching over her perform

the interview. The civics questions, reading and writing were all simple. The interviewer then read through my application and confirmed the details with me.

I had gone on a cruise last month (N400 was applied in the first week of July 2019). I had taken the itinerary with me. She updated my application with that information and made

me sign for it. Then she gave me a printed letter which said that she is recommending my case for approval. She also told me that my oath ceremony would

likely be in 4-6 weeks. 

Thank you all for sharing your experience in this forum. It was very helpful for me.

I wish you all good luck!!

Quick update: I received an update SMS yesterday morning that my Oath Ceremony has scheduled. Late last night, I was able to see the notice in the USCIS my account site.

It is scheduled for Friday, Dec 06th at the Atlanta field office. Happy Weekend!

1 hour ago, crazylad said:

Quick update: I received an update SMS yesterday morning that my Oath Ceremony has scheduled. Late last night, I was able to see the notice in the USCIS my account site.

It is scheduled for Friday, Dec 06th at the Atlanta field office. Happy Weekend!

Thanks for update and Many Congratulations. I filed online Sept 30 based on employment (5 year green card) and finished my biometrics Oct 25 at ATL office. Hoping for Interview sometime Jan with oath in Feb if things move as fast as they did in your case. Can you please provide details of what documentation you  took for the interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, crazylad said:

Hi, first of all congratulations.

I’m curious on the SMS updates. Is that specific to the oath? If not how do you sign up, please?

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Iamornext said:

@Cécy go into your settings, you will find it under notifications

Thank you! That will save me a lot of email checking ;)

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Getting all of my paperwork ready for my interview on 12/10. Does it matter if my document originals (marriage certificate, my husband and kids’ birth certificates) are a few months/years old, or should I get newer ones?

AOS Timeline:
August 29, 2015: AOS package mailed to the USCIS in Chicago.
August 31, 2015: AOS package delivered.
September 8, 2015: NOA1 received by text and email (4 receipt numbers).
September 12, 2015: NOA1 received by mail (3 receipt numbers).
September 14, 2015: NOA1 received by mail (1 receipt number).
September 18, 2015: Biometrics appointment letter received for October 1, 2015.
September 22, 2015: Biometrics done. Early walk-in at a different ASC.
September 30, 2015: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
November 11, 2015: EAD card is being produced (Form I-765) and Form I-131 is approved.
November 12, 2015: Form I-765 is approved.
November 15, 2015: Interview scheduled on December 22, 2015.
November 16, 2015: EAD card mailed to me.
November 19, 2015: EAD/AP card received.
December 22, 2015: AOS Interview. Approved on spot.

December 31, 2015: Green Card received.

ROC Timeline:

September 29, 2017: ROC package mailed to the California Service Center.

October 6, 2017: NOA received by mail (receipt date: October 2, 2017).

October 16, 2017: Biometrics appointment letter received for October 23, 2017.

October 23, 2017: Biometrics done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.