AI135

N-400 July 2019 Filers!!! Join here!!!

1,242 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, blushbaby said:

You already got approved? WOW I remember you applying the same month I did. I am really happy for you. I cannot imagine the way you felt after the interview.Did they approved you the same day or after? what state are you in? My fingerprints were done in Greer SC and my interview is in Charlotte NC Oct 8th at 2:15 PM Yes I am planning to "dress to success" business casual like I am going to a job interview 

Yes, I was approved same day. IO told me and gave me a form she printed out saying approved. My Oath Ceremony has been scheduled and I have received the document.

I just got finished with my interview a few minutes ago. I got sworn in, passed all the tests and got my form questionnaire reviewed. BUT officer could not approve me because of an encoding error (literally, he said was on their end and he was sort of apologetic). Still the form I received said I cannot be approved at this time and would have to wait until they fix their system (which again is a mistake on their end- to my great inconvenience!)  Apparently their office encoder entered my case twice and so now I have to wait til that get merged before my case proceeds. I feel like this is a unique case so I hope I am taking one for the team, that no one else have to be robbed of that feeling of “yes, I made it!” Because right now I don’t know how to feel. Nothing was my fault, yet I can’t freely say it turned out okay. I’m like in limbo and I don’t know if anyone would ever follow up with it, or if my case will get cold etc. Oh well. Bring in the suspense to the very last, why not? 😂😂😂 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, erikavsw said:

I just got finished with my interview a few minutes ago. I got sworn in, passed all the tests and got my form questionnaire reviewed. BUT officer could not approve me because of an encoding error (literally, he said was on their end and he was sort of apologetic). Still the form I received said I cannot be approved at this time and would have to wait until they fix their system (which again is a mistake on their end- to my great inconvenience!)  Apparently their office encoder entered my case twice and so now I have to wait til that get merged before my case proceeds. I feel like this is a unique case so I hope I am taking one for the team, that no one else have to be robbed of that feeling of “yes, I made it!” Because right now I don’t know how to feel. Nothing was my fault, yet I can’t freely say it turned out okay. I’m like in limbo and I don’t know if anyone would ever follow up with it, or if my case will get cold etc. Oh well. Bring in the suspense to the very last, why not? 😂😂😂 

Well first congratulations.  I have read of similar issues like yours and the people received the official approval a few days later online.  Hope that will be the same in your case. 

20 minutes ago, Shaun (S) said:

Well first congratulations.  I have read of similar issues like yours and the people received the official approval a few days later online.  Hope that will be the same in your case. 

@Shaun (S) Thank you for sharing your knowledge. It’s a silver lining for me, for sure. Wishing you the best on your application! 

Filed: IR-3 Timeline
3 hours ago, erikavsw said:

Girl when you are hungry, half a loaf is better than nothing :lol::goofy:. Don't be surprised at their goof at least you know the fault is not yours.

Pop that champagne and celebrate.  

1 hour ago, Stevo1979 said:

Girl when you are hungry, half a loaf is better than nothing :lol::goofy:. Don't be surprised at their goof at least you know the fault is not yours.

Pop that champagne and celebrate.  

Thank you for the encouragement. 😆 I came to my senses after the 9 hour drive total coming and going from USCIS today. I guess I should not have been surprised at that delay. I really hope they get things going for all of us, July filers though. Cheers to our next myuscis action notification!! 🎉🍾

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
49 minutes ago, erikavsw said:

Thank you for the encouragement. 😆 I came to my senses after the 9 hour drive total coming and going from USCIS today. I guess I should not have been surprised at that delay. I really hope they get things going for all of us, July filers though. Cheers to our next myuscis action notification!! 🎉🍾

Congratulations! 🍾🎉 

N-400 Timeline:

Applied online - 07/24/19 

Receipt notice - 07/24/19

Biometrics notice online - 07/26/19

Biometrics - 08/12/19

Interview notice - 11/22/19

Interview - 01/02/20

Oath Notice - 01/07/20

Oathtaking - 01/22/20 

Estimated Completion Time: May 2020 (10 months from date applied :clock:)

COMPLETED 4 MONTHS EARLIER!!!! :dance: :dance:

US Passport Timeline for myself and my daughter (derivative):

Applied at our local USPS - 02/15/2020

US DoS Received application - 02/19/2020

Online Status (In Process)

Application Status (Approved) - 03/03/2020

Application Status (Shipped) - 03/03/2020

Received both passports - 03/05/2020

IF YOU HAVE DERIVATIVE/S, YOU CAN APPLY FOR PASSPORTS AT THE SAME TIME AT THE POST OFFICE USING JUST 1 ORIGINAL NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE!!!

I-130 Petition for Parents Timeline IR-5:

Applied online - 01/24/2020 (Priority Date 01/24/2020)

NOA1 - 01/24/2020 (IOE******* and was assigned Potomac Service Center current processing time 7.5 - 9.5)

Touched - 01/28/2020; Touched - 02/15/2020

Status Changed for Dad’s “Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS” - 01/15/2021

Status Changed for Mom’s “Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS” - 01/19/2021

NOA2 - Dad’s - 01/19/2021         Mom’s - 01/20/2021

NVC Received - Dad’s - 01/22/2021 MNL*** assigned       Mom's - 01/23/2021 MNL*** assigned

AOS Bill - Paid 1 AOS for 2 related cases 01/23/2021 (ceac shows in process) 01/27/2021 (ceac shows PAID) ($120)

Complete I-864ez form -  01/30/2021

Pay IV Bill - 01/28/2021 for both (in process) ($325 each) showed PAID 01/29/2021

Submit Civil Documents -uploaded on 01/31/2021

Case Completed at NVC - both parents DQ'd 04/06/2021

Expedite Request - 09/03/2021 Expedite Under Review -10/21/2021 Expedite Approved - 10/25/2021 Swab RT-PCR 12/26/2021Medical clear 1 day 12/28/2021 Interview Appointment Date thru CGI 03/07/2022 passed Visa on Hand  03/10/2022 PDOS CFO 03/15/2022 Paid Green Cards 04/04/2022 POE 04/18/2022(Chicago O’Hare)

Filed: IR-3 Timeline
On 9/29/2019 at 5:16 PM, blushbaby said:

You already got approved? WOW I remember you applying the same month I did. I am really happy for you. I cannot imagine the way you felt after the interview.Did they approved you the same day or after? what state are you in? My fingerprints were done in Greer SC and my interview is in Charlotte NC Oct 8th at 2:15 PM Yes I am planning to "dress to success" business casual like I am going to a job interview 

My attire will be called " dress to kill every USCIS situations" 😂😂😂

11 hours ago, erikavsw said:

Everything will turn out ok. Keep bothering them with calls and online inquiries. Don’t wait for them, they will probably delay or forget. I know someone who had her interview and was approved and up until now they have not reached out to the person. 

27 minutes ago, Stevo1979 said:

My attire will be called " dress to kill every USCIS situations" 😂😂😂

That’s probably how I literally dressed! Haha! my hour glass shape was on full display in a very professional inbtwn bright and not so bright office attire and I had this smile on me like let’s just do this and get it over with!

4 hours ago, MsGazelle400 said:

Everything will turn out ok. Keep bothering them with calls and online inquiries. Don’t wait for them, they will probably delay or forget. I know someone who had her interview and was approved and up until now they have not reached out to the person. 

I tried calling them this morning just to set my expectations on when to hear back (IO said he doesn't know when it will be fixed and he couldn’t give me any estimate either). The representative said a tier 2 officer should be calling me back today. Fingers crossed! 

On 9/14/2019 at 10:33 AM, Patsgal54 said:

I had my interview yesterday and was approved! It was really quick and easy, I was in and out of the room in about 10-15 minutes. I will write a review below for those who are interested. I checked online yesterday evening and my status changed to “we approved your application” but my estimated completion time has gone from October to December, so I guess it might be a while before I get to do my oath ceremony!

My interviewer started by asking me to swear an oath to tell the truth, then to confirm my name, DOB, social, etc. Then we did the reading test (I just had to read a short sentence from an iPad), then the writing test (I had to write “citizens can vote” on the iPad with a stylus). Then we did the civics test. I got the first 6 questions right so he didn’t ask me any more. Then he asked me all the questions I had already answered on my application (had you ever been a member of the communist party, etc, etc). Then he had me sign the iPad a couple of times to verify that what I said was correct, and we were done! My interviewer was very friendly and not at all intimidating. He told me he was recommending me for approval and I will get a letter in the mail with the date of my oath ceremony!

Did you have a pending I-751 when you did your interview? 

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Did you have a pending I-751 when you did your interview? 

No, I didn’t.

N-400:

Applied online - 7/4/19 

Receipt notice - 7/4/19

Biometrics - 7/25/19

Interview - 9/13/19

Oath Ceremony - 10/11/19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.